Love Notes

Of Yellow and Pink Notes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh come on, it’s just a little favor. I swear this—“ you repeatedly elbow and nudge your best friend— who stands as your unofficial brother, actually, Minseok, by his stomach, in hopes of gaining a favor for his. “—‘I swear this is the last time.’” He reiterates and finishes for you in a half sing-song, half mocking voice. You’d usually roll your eyes but you have to be fairly cutesy and pleading for now. He takes the post-it from you as he makes a face while writing your love sick sappy messages.

“What do you like about that guy— what’s this? Have a nice day honey? Really ______?” He finishes in a cursive writing and the second he does, you jab him by his arms lest that the ink will smudge on the note.

“It’s the least you can do for your sister, to be honest. If you want any questions, direct it here.” You pat your hands over your chest, directing it supposedly to your heart but teasing and goofy Minseok fakes a shocked and eerie expression. “What do you like about that princess—“ He lunges in forward, his face so close to your chest. As soon as your hands almost smack his face away, he gets pulled by the hair.

“Man, stop doing that. Not cool.”

It’s Luhan. You hide the post-it behind you, fidgeting to inch away from them and slip the post-it into Minseok’s bag. While Minseok, who’s face is now crumpled into a frown. “I’m not a ert.” He rumbles as he eyes Luhan, with the latter sitting on top of your desk.

“Thanks, Luhan. I’m pretty sure I can handle that guy, though.” You try so hard to sound nonchalant in your ears, but it sounds pretty faltering to Luhan’s. He takes note of this.

“You and your martial art skills are crazy.” He jests before jumping off and throwing an arm around you and Minseok. It’s actually been a routine – with the three of you hanging out almost everyday. In between Luhan’s absences with your little group, you manage to talk Minseok into slipping in your post-it notes in his locker.

---

“Hey, don’t you think the writing’s changed a bit? Is this a new admirer?” Minseok lazily looks up from his table before muffling his voice back into his table’s surface. Luhan calls him again, shaking him for him to look at the latter but he just creases his forehead, knowing he still has to think of different lies to the other male everytime they talk about this.

Minseok doesn’t tell you anyway that Luhan’s dying to know about you. He doesn’t tell you that Luhan’s been keeping track of your post-it notes instead of the expensively wrapped presents and chocolates in his locker. Mostly, because he’d think it’s not really that important of information, or worth knowing anymore because there’s this girl that’s convinced Luhan that she’s the one who’s been giving him the notes all along. Partly, Minseok blames himself for not just telling Luhan straight in the face.

And that too, you don’t know. Minseok doesn’t know how to tell you.

---

Minseok’s supposed to drop the last post-it into Luhan’s locker, supposedly to talk to you about what he thinks he knows, but he gets distracted with a new post-it.  Luhan comes into view before he can slip it in with a quirking brow. “I can’t hang out with _____ and you later. Heejin tells me to stick by her side.” He frowns, patting his shoulder.

“Why should you stick by her anyway?” Minseok scoffs.

“Because she’s the girl who’s been giving me these adorable notes! She’s really nice—“

Minseok thinks otherwise. You can’t quite grasp the situation though you’ve been eavesdropping by the room across the halls. Not supposed to, you’re actually headed to them because it’s a Friday, thinking that maybe Luhan would invite your bestfriend over and tag his lit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter