No Feelings Attached

Breath

 

 

 

< 2008 >

The nine girls sat nervously in front of the company's CEO, Lee SooMan in his office after their manager told them that SooMan would like to meet them. Despite already seeing him for years in the company, the girls couldn't help but to feel intimidate and afraid of him since they are still rookie in entertainment industry, so the thoughts of SooMan commenting about their flaws ran through their minds. He was busy scrolling through his tab, eyebrows knitted together as he was focusing on reading something.

The girls looked at each other, mouthing words. " Did we done anything wrong? " mouthed Sooyoung. The girls either shook their heads or shrugged their shoulders. They continued the silent talks until the man in front of them cleared his throat. They immediately looked at him, feared of what he about to say. " So, I've been looking through the internet about Girls' Generation.. I read the articles in fancafes, news, rumors.. And I found something... " he said in a monotone voice. Shivers ran down the girls' spines as he looked intently at each of them. Tiffany's hands shook when he looked at her with his small eyes and Taeyeon slowly wrapped her arm around Tiffany's waist, assuring her. Tiffany turned to look at the small girl beside her, smiling her sweet eyes smile. " oh woah! I got to witness it myself! " Sooman suddenly clapped his hands. " err.. witness what ? " asked Taeyeon, clueless. " TaeNy! Do you know about it? " he got up from the seat and stood in front of them. " Tae...Ny? yea, I guess I know.. It's the name that fans gave to me and Tiffany.. " answered Taeyeon, still clueless. " yea, exactly! " smiled Sooman. All the girls looked at him in confusion, wondering where this TaeNy conversation led to. " so, what about it? If you read about me and Tiffany in love of each other, it's just the fans' imagination.. We- " Sooman laughs cut Taeyeon's words. " no, it's okay. really. yes, I read about it but I think it's good for this group's marketing. Seems like most of the fans are fond of TaeNy so I guess it can attract more attention to this group. So the reason I called you here is to give you some responsibilties. " he looked at both Taeyeon and Tiffany. " Kim Taeyeon, Tiffany Hwang, or should I call, TaeNy? From today onwards, you are the group's main pairing while Yuri and Jessica or we can just call, YulSic, you are also given this responsibility along with TaeNy to promote this group more to the public and to attract more fans. Your job is simple enough for you already close to each other, but show some love sparks when being affectionate of each other. This is for the sake of marketing, you are still rookies, you should attract more fans to make your place stable in this industry. So, what do you think? " he crossed his arms, waiting for the girls' answer. Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other before nodding their heads, " yes. We will do it. " " Good. Now, what about YulSic? " he turned his attention to Jessica and Yuri. Yuri looked at Jessica but the latter had her head down, staring at her lap. Yuri bit her lips before agreeing with the idea. " We agree. "

***********************

< 2008 >

Taeyeon and Tiffany were preparing for the show where the latter became one of the MCs, SoNyeon SoNyeo Gayo Baekso while Taeyeon was the guest for the episode. The stylists were busy doing the make-up while both of the girls focused intently on reading the scripts As Tiffany read through the scripts, she stumbled onto a certain question. She nudged Taeyeon beside her. Taeyeon shifted her attention to the girl. " I've got an idea. When the MC asks you about what do you think of me, you'll say that I'm your wife. And we'll hold hands to make it even more real. What do you think? " said Tiffany enthusiastically. Taeyeon pondered for a while while flipping the scripts on her hands. " Kay, call. " smiled Taeyeon cheekily.

#######################

" So, " the male MC looked at Taeyeon. " are you and Tiffany good friends? " " yea, " smiled Taeyeon. " I'm very fond of her. " Tiffany interrupted, " I told you, Taeyeon and I are... " " wife. " answered Taeyeon according to their plans earlier. She entwined her fingers with Tiffany's while answering the question proudly, as if it was a natural thing to do.

After finished the recordings, both Taeyeon and Tiffany went to the van after saying goodbyes to the crews. As soon as her landed on the soft leather seat, Tiffany quickly rummaged through her hand bag for her tablet while Taeyeon tried to get some nap after a tiring day. When they heard screams and shouts outside the van, they looked outside and saw many fans waited for them. Taeyeon, being the closest to the window, opened it slightly to wave back to their fans. Tiffany scooted closer to Taeyeon and put her head beside Taeyeon while waving and smiling. They could hear fans screaming and squealing while holding some TaeNy banners.

The manager started the engine before the van roared back to life, leaving the swarm of fans far behind. Tiffany continued to focus her attention on the tab when Taeyeon suddenly spoke. " If only they knew our lovey dovey gestures are just for marketing and fanservice.. Haha. " chuckled Taeyeon. Tiffany looked intently at her. " but this is not fake though. We are already close like a married couple who always bickering now and then but still loving each other, well as a member and sister of course. So we are not lying to them. We just help to publicize this ship thingy to the fans. " explained Tiffany. Taeyeon nodded in agreement. She shifted her gaze to the views outside. " but then, they think we have that kind of relationship and our fanservices will make them ship us hard and believe that we are real, real as in a real couple. What will they feel if one day we have boyfriends? They'll feel devastated. " said Taeyeon, pouring out her thoughts. Tiffany smiled. Her hand reached out to squeeze Taeyeon's. " Don't worry too much, kay? They'll get over it eventually if one day we reveal that we have boyfriends. And eventually they'll accept that TaeNy is more than friends but less than couple. No feelings attached. " assured Tiffany while rubbing Taeyeon's hand.

Taeyeon stare fell on Tiffany's face. What she said during the recording earlier were all true, it comes from her heart. She's really fond of the American girl since they are really close since trainee days. And really, she considered Tiffany as her wife because the girl is too fragile and weak, so Taeyeon took the responsibility to protect her. Bur just like Tiffany said, no feelings attached between them other than sisterly love. She smiled back to Tiffany, nodding her head slightly. " No feelings attached. " repeated Taeyeon. Little did she knew, her heart sank when those words escaped from her lips.