Chapter 2

My Two-faced Stepbrother

 

The sound of my heels clicked as I walked down the street with different Cafés, bars, restaurants and pubs and finally came to a turn into Golden Kim Chi. I strutted into the fancy, Korean restaurant and looked around for my mum. I searched on my far right to find a familiar face. The eyes on the face turned and made contact with mine then the person stood up and waved at me to come over. I smiled and nodded, as the owner of the face was my mum. As I walked closer, I came to realise a man around my mum’s age sitting beside my mum. He had a familiar smile, which made me feel weird. I gave the man a warm smile and began to think why he was here.

 

 ‘Annyeonghaseyo,’ I greeted my mum and the man. The man stood up and held out his hand. I kindly accepted it and lightly shook it along with him.

 

 ‘You must be Eun Ah. I’ve heard much about you,’ he stated and smiled.

 

 ‘Neh, I’m Eun Ah,’ I responded.

 

We both took our seats and mum began to speak.

 

 ‘Honey, this is Dae Jung,’ she introduced the man.

 

 ‘My dear, I would like to remarry,’ mum expressed. I sat and smiled. I didn’t know how to react. Of course mum needs her happiness but I’ve never met the man before.

 

 ‘You’re not up to it are you?’ asked mum in a worried tone. Well not really. But he makes her smile. She hasn’t had her genuine smile since dad left.

 

 ‘No, if you’re happy, then I’m happy,’ I answered happily. Mum thanked me and gave me one of her warm hugs.

 

 ‘Eun Ah do you want to stay with mum or,’ Dae Jung, or now my dad, asked.

 

 ‘I’ll find a new home for myself,’ I answered him.

 

 ‘My house is vacant at the moment, would you like to move into there? Its near the KBS building too,’ ‘dad’ suggested. What a kind offer. I can’t just accept it like that.

 

 ‘That’s a kind offer but aren’t you and mum going to move in there?’ I asked him.

 

 ‘I’ve found another home near the coastal line,’ he announced.

 

 ‘I’d also like us to become closer. You are going to be my daughter after all,’ Dae Jung insisted.

 

 ‘I guess I can’t really say no now can I?’ I asked and he nodded happily.

 

 ‘Honey, you’re also going to become a younger sister,’ mum informed. Wait actually? Being an only child is a bit boring. Yay! I’m becoming a dongsaeng!

 

 ‘I had a son with my late wife. He should be coming soon. Your mum has already met him,’ he mentioned. Just as my new dad finished speaking, a guy in a tux appeared by our table. I looked up to see a guy with an angelic smile. Then it hit me. I knew who this guy was.

 

 ‘Oh! Hello Eun Ah! Fancy seeing you here,’ the guy greeted me.

 

 ‘Oh, Baekhyun my boy you’re here! And I guess you already know who your sister is now hmm?’ he smiled at Dae Jung as he spoke. Oh. My. Gawd. Byun Baekhyun is my brother?!

 

My mum spoke up,

 

 ‘How do you two know each other?’

 

 ‘We work in the same building. Just for different shows,’ Baekhyun answered my mum. Well, his mum now but she’s still my mum.

 

 ‘What a coincidence,’ mum commented.

 

 ‘Small world this is,’ I muttered under my breath.

 

We finally ordered our food and chatted together as family.

 

I sat quietly thinking about Baekhyun being my brother and how he acted today. He seems like a two-faced ! The way he acted all kind to the girl and kindly accepted her cookies. Then next minute he dumps them in the bin! I was in deep thought when suddenly; I felt warm weight on my leg. I looked down to see a feminine looking hand. I looked up to see the owner of the hand was actually Baekhyun.

 

‘You seem to be in deep thought. What are you thinking about?’ Baekhyun asked worried. Excuse me? You should know very well what I’m thinking about.

 

 ‘Just what I’m going to do tomorrow,’ I lied.

 

Baekhyun has been acting all innocent in front of mum and dad this whole time! How does he contain it like this?

 

>>> 

 

Today I moved to my new home. Today is my day off so I have all the time I need.

 

 ‘Oh? Eun Ah?’ a voice said. I turn to my side to see I human.

 

 ‘Holy ! What are you doing in my house?’ I yelled. It was Baekhyun.

 

 ‘I guess my dad didn’t fill you in on the details. I live here,’ Baekhyun stated.

 

I thought about living somewhere else.

 

‘I think I could move to a friend’s house for a while before I can get a house of my own,’ I told Baekhyun.

 

‘No, you can stay here. Who would put up with you for that long anyway?’ he stated. He had a point.

 

 ‘There’s a sun room too,’ he mentioned.

 

‘OMG! I love sunrooms!’ I squeaked.

 

 ‘I’ll give you a house tour,’ Baekhyun insisted. I nodded in agreement happily. Baekhyun suddenly pinned me up against the wall giving me a shock. I can feel my heart rate go up and I couldn’t help but blush, as his face was a few inches away from mine. I felt his breath on my face. A few seconds later, he released me.

 

 ‘You trust people too easily and you are too vulnerable,’ Baekhyun declared.

 ‘We are adults living under the same roof you know. You don’t know what’ll happen,’ Baekhyun said. My face was blank. Did he really just say that?

 

 ‘I’m only teasing Eun Ah. You’re so cute when you take things seriously.

 

 ‘If you really want to move out, you can move with your boyfriend,’ he suggestively said.

 

 ‘I don’t have one,’ I added. Baekhyun put a smirk on his face.

 

‘I’ll try not to let my inner wolf come out and pounce on you,’ he said, still smirking.

 

>>> 

 

While Baekhyun gives me a room tour, I realise everything is so clean. Clean freak. He’s even cleaner than I am!

 

As we end the tour, Baekhyun shows me to my room while carrying one of my big boxes. I’ve been overthinking about him since I saw him in the house. He acts so differently from time to time. Baekhyun left my room to get a drink. As I turn, I trip over the heavy box waiting for the shot of pain that never seemed to happen. I look up to see Baekhyun holding me.

 

‘You should be more careful you know,’ he warned.

 

‘I was about to tell you to watch out but I was a tad late,’ he told me. He tried to save me?

 

 ‘You tried to help?’ I asked and he kindly nodded with a smile. I felt my heart skip a beat and he pushed my upright again. 


 

Thanks for reading~

Please leave a comment, subscribe and upvote if you are enjoying it so far ^.^