Chapter two

Love defect

A couple of weeks after his rather strange conversation with Kevin about soul mates, Jonghyun was once again working a dull day shift and had just finished clearing some tables when he suddenly felt something collide with his left shoulder. When he looked up he found out that the 'something' was a brown haired boy looking somewhat horrified. Shortly after he noticed the reason for the boy's expression was because he now had coffee all down his left side. However, before he could even linger on the slight burning sensation in his lower arm, the other boy was grabbing napkins to try and soak up the coffee while apologizing.

"I'm so sorry." The boy cries out looking so terrible Jonghyun can't bring himself to be even slightly annoyed.

"It's okay" Jonghyun replies smiling, trying to get the other to stop fretting with napkins.

"But I've split coffee all down your arm. I've ruined that shirt. I'm so sorry." The boy mumbles hurriedly, still trying to salvage the poor shirt.

"It's okay, really." Jonghyun smiles. "I have plenty of shirts and luckily Kevin is a terrible barista so the coffee wasn't too hot."

"I heard that!" Kevin shouts while Jonghyun just laughs at him, waving it off.

"I still feel awful" The boy says while staring at his feet.

"No need to. I'll get Kevin to bring you another coffee, so don't worry about it okay?" Jonghyun flashes the guy another smile before he makes his way out back to change, leaving Kevin with instructions to make the "kid" another coffee.

~~~~~~~

"I don't know why you're even bothering to get changed, your shift ends in about twenty minutes." Kevin says, as Jonghyun returns from changing.

"So I was just supposed to wear a coffee covered shirt for the rest of my shift huh? Because that looks so professional." Jonghyun replies sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, now you have more washing."

"Somehow, I'd figured that out for myself thanks." Jonghyun replies

"Oh yeah," Kevin suddenly exclaims making Jonghyun jump.

"What?"

"I figured out why that guy looked so familiar to me yesterday." Kevin replies looking pleased with himself.

"What guy?" Jonghyun asks confused.  

"The one who I said looked familiar, and who dumped a whole cup of coffee on your arm just now." Kevin says looking annoyed.

"Oh, that guy." Jonghyun says nodding his head. "So who is he?"

"I don't know his name, but his brother is that Taemin kid who does dancing here when we have the talent nights." Kevin says.

"Taemin is the one who dances with Minho's brother right?" Jonghyun asks.

"Yeah, that's the one." Kevin replies.

"So how do you know that they're bothers?" Jonghyun asks, suddenly realizing that it was odd for Kevin to gain so much new information in the few short minutes he was out back.

"I heard them talking earlier." Kevin says pointing to a table close to the back of the shop.

"Oh, right. That makes sense I guess." Jonghyun replies sheepishly.

"Just do some work moron." Kevin says pushing past him to empty the dishwasher.

 

~~~~

After Jonghyun finished his shift in the coffee shop, he headed to his friend Minho's house to get ready for a party they were going to that evening. It was your run of the mill sort of party so Jonghyun figured that "getting ready" actually meant playing video games until Jonghyun got fed up of losing and they leave for the party. Sadly he was correct, and by the time they had eaten, changed and headed out he had lost 56 consecutive games of Soul Caliber to Minho. A fact that he was in no way bitter about.

However as they were making their way to the party house which was located pretty close to Minho's own home, Minho suddenly asked a rather strange question.

"So... When'd you meet him?" Minho asks, smiling.

"When did I meet who?" Jonghyun replies, confused.  

"You're soul mate. Duh."

"I haven't met my-

Jonghyun tries to argue, but is cut off by Minho.

"Your wrist has literally changed colour, you can not lie to me." Minho says looking smug.

"My wrist has not change-

However as he lifts his wrist up to prove to Minho that his arm is the same colour it's always been he realizes Minho was telling the truth. His mark had indeed changed colour.

"HOLY ING MINHO IT'S ING CHANGED COLOUR" He screeched, much too excited to care what people might think of him.

"Thats what I said." Minho replies.

"BUT THAT MEANS I'VE MET HIM"

"You mean you didn't know? Doesn't it itch or whatever?" Minho asks curious, as he's heard that it's supposedly rather obvious when you meet your soul mate.

"Oh my god. I've met him. He was here. He must have come to the shop. Oh my gosh Minho!" Jonghyun rambles, not really listening to Minho in the slightest.

"But you don't remember when it changed?" Minho asks, trying to find out what exactly did happen.

"No." Jonghyun says, suddenly coming down from his high realizing that he has no idea who his soul mate is still.

"How could you not notice it though? My uncle said his sort of stung when he met my aunt." Minho asks exasperated. "Is there no one you can think who it might be?"

"Well, someone did spill coffee on me.." Jonghyun mumbles.

"Who?" Minho asks hopefully.

"I'm not sure, I think Kevin said something about him being brothers with the kid your brother dances with?" Jonghyun says, trying to recall what Kevin had blathered on about before.

"Taemin's brother? Onew?" Minho asks, sounding slightly less hopeful.

"If that's his name, then yeah, he's who poured coffee all down me." Jonghyun says, sounding like a kicked puppy.

"But it can't be him..." Minho mumbles to himself, not intending for Jonghyun to hear him.

"Let's just go and get drunk okay? I'll think about it tomorrow." Jonghyun says as he walks up to the front door of the party house.


~~~~

The boys had been at the party for about an hour and a half when for the second time that day Jonghyun felt himself colliding with another person's shoulder. This time however, it was him who has accidentally split his drink on the other person, and instead of it being scalding hot coffee it was ice cold beer.

Taking a step back Jonghyun begins to apologize to whoever he has just doused in alcohol.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." He says looking around for something he could use to soak up the drink.

"It's okay." A vaguely familiar voice says. "I guess this makes us even."

That statement makes Jonghyun look up and he realizes that against all odds, he has split his drink on the same boy from earlier.

Chuckling he says, "We really should stop meeting like this."

"Yeah, or we'll run out of clean clothing." the other boy says laughing.

"I'm Jonghyun by the way." Jonghyun introduces himself, hoping that Minho was wrong and that this boys name is indeed Jinki. Because Jonghyun can feel himself already falling in love with that smile.

"I'm Onew." The boy says smiling and Jonghyun feels his stomach drop in disappointment.

"And I'm sorry again about earlier, I didn't burn you did I?" Onew asks him looking slightly worried.

"No it's fine. It wasn't even that hot really. See? I'm fine." Jonghyun says as he lifts up his shirt sleeve to prove that he was indeed unharmed by the coffee incident.

"Jonghyun?" Onew suddenly says, the joking tone lost from his voice.

"What?" Jonghyun asks, confused by the sudden change of tone.

"Why is my name on your arm?"

 


 

~A/N~ Welp.. this took me so long to write... and it ... which, im really sorry about OTL But it's done, and maybe I'll come back and make it less one day.

Thank you so so so so much for reading and subscribing. You guys are all aweseome and I hope you arent too dissapointed with how AWFUL this chapter is. <3 <3