To Me

To Me

Jihyo looked at her reflection in the mirror and took notice of how pale she looked and the dullness of her long, black hair that went past her shoulders and down to her waist. She scrunched her nose in distaste and played with a few strands of her hair, twisting and braiding trying to come up with a new combination, a new style for her to wear instead of this everyday. Letting a sigh emit from her small, thin lips, she looked away from the mirror and turned around and saw her husband, Suho, leaning against the frame of their bedroom door. He had that lovely smile on his perfect, angelic face that seemed to make even angels cry. 

"What's wrong?" His gentle voice sounded through the quiet room as Suho made his way over towards his wife who stood rooted to her spot, watching her husband who had a worried expression on his face. 

"Nothing," she quietly responded with a small smile on her face. Even though she smiled, Suho  couldn't help but frown at her answer. Jihyo gave him a bigger smile, trying to convince him that she was absolutely fine. Suho stopped walking the moment he came an arm length away from Jihyo. She still stood were she was, not moving an inch, but her eyes following Suho and his 

"C'mon," he said. "Tell me what's wrong, love." Suho gently cupped her cheeks between the palm of her hands. Jihyo let out a sigh and looked away, making Suho drop his hands from her face. Turning her body around and making her way over to the bed where she laid her body down. Suho stood and watched his wife toss and turn on the bed, as if throwing a fit like a toddler. A light chuckle escaped his lips as he saw his wife stop in the middle of the bed on her stomach, head in the mattress with her arms and legs sprawled out. Silently, he made his way towards the bed. He climbed on the bed and laid on top of Jihyo. 

"Oh my god," she groaned. "Suho, get your fat off of me." She tried to kick him with her legs, but, to her avail, failed. 

"Not until you tell me what's wrong." Suho stubbornly said. Gently lifting his weight off of her, But only enough for her to not be crushed against his body weight. 

Jihyo let out a soft sigh as she turned her body around, facing Suho who had a small, yet cute, frown on his face. She blinked a few times before she pursed her lips together, creating a small, adorable pout. One that Suho had a soft spot for no matter the situation. Suho pushed his upper body off of her and sat down on her legs. He didn't know why his wife couldn't tell him what was bothering her at the moment. He was always bad at these kind of situations because he wasn't sure if he was supposed to bug her until he got an answer of just leave her until it was time for her to talk when she was ready. She always ended up talking to him, but he felt that she was too off today for his own liking. Maybe even for Jihyo's own liking. 

"I don't feel pretty," Jihyo bit her bottom lip, avoiding eye contact with Suho at all cost. 

"Why?" Suho asked her. 

Jihyo, still looking away, swallowed the lump that had formed in . "Because," she choked out. "I'm not the prettiest person there is in the world. There's so many pretty girls around you and I can't help but look at myself then look at you and think: There's so many prettier girls, and he chose me?" Suho gently made her turn her head towards him. "I don't know why, but I feel so insecure whenever I think about things like this, Joon Myeon. I hear you tell me that I look beautiful everyday, but I see you smile and laugh and how you look and I can't help but feel so unfit for you." 

"You are the most beautiful person ever, Kim Jihyo," he stated, making her blush. "Why do you put yourself down so much, huh, love? I tell you everyday that you are pretty and beautiful and-- I just want you to know that you truly are. There's no need for you to feel unfit for me because really, you match me. I match you as well. We're married for a reason and that's because we love each other and we've accepted each other's flaws and perfections that they're all loveable and relatable to each other. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." Jihyo couldn't hold back the tears that she had held for so long.

After all of the stress and constant pressure of being pretty out in public when she's with Suho, she let it all out. The anger and frustrations of trying to perfect her look and personality to fit with Suho and his family that she had neglected herself and forgotten about her own happiness. Her comfort level has grown a little higher, but she still felt awkward having to go with Suho to business dinners with his bosses and company parties or the dinners with his family every so often that she had grown accustomed to how she should dress and have her hair done and make up perfected. She let out all of the tears she couldn't cry because she wasn't sure if she skinny enough or tall enough or-- she just let out all of the pain from her heart and the frustrations of everything else in her life out of her system. 

Jihyo felt Suho get off of her legs and she curled up into a ball as she cried her heart out. Suho felt his heart break from the sight of his wife crying. Her black hair covering her beautiful face and her body shaking as she let the sobs out. Suho walked towards the small, black leather chair that sat in the corner of their room and grabbed the light blue blanket and brought it to cover Jihyo. He covered her body and gently made his way on the bed, laying on his side and looking at her with sad, concerned eyes. His soft finger tips brushed the hair out of her face and he saw her tear stained  face that was turning a light shade of pink. 

"Don't cry," Suho gently said to her. Jihyo began to cry harder from Suho's word. "Want me to sing for you?" He asked her. When Jihyo didn't stop crying, Suho let a small smile come on his face. "Hush little baby, don't say a word. Hubby's gonna buy you a mockingbird," he looked at Jihyo to see how she was doing and noticed that his wife had slowly stopped crying and now looking at him with a questioning look. "And if that mockingbird won't sing, hubby's gonna buy you a diamond ring." 

"Are you singing this because you know I stop crying when you do?" She questioned him, still sniffling. 

Suho nodded his head. "Yes. Because everytime you cry, I feel my heart break and I don't know what to tell you when you go through these struggles." Suho confessed and Jihyo felt her heart break from his words. "But it makes me feel happy knowing that you're able to talk to me about your problems and cry in front of me." Jihyo let out a hoarse laugh. "You're pretty everyday in every state that you're in, wifey." He looked at her and saw hey eyes beginning to tear up again. "Because to me, you're beautiful."