Chapter 9

Learning to Love

Yeon Ae’s POV

 

There’s a few days until the wedding and I’m at Uni. I’m in class when my phone vibrates.

 

From: Husband

Hey. Apparently I have to pick you up from Uni. What time do you finish?

 

I was wondering why my Dad didn’t let me drive to Uni today. 

 

To: Husband

Really? What for? I finish in like half an hour.

 

From: Husband

No idea. See you soon.

 

I close my phone and put it away, focusing on the lecture. When the class is finished Min and I are walking to the gates.

“Do you want to go and grab some lunch?” 

“Sorry, Min. But Jackson’s picking me up.”

“Oooh. Are you going on a date?” She nudges me and I push her away, laughing.

“No. At least I don’t think so. I think he was told to pick me up.” 

We hear a car horn and Min jumps. I laugh at her as I realise the car that beeped belongs to Jackson. 

“That’s him. You okay to get home?” she nods and pushes me towards the car. We wave to each other as Jackson drives off.

I put the window up before anyone can notice Jackson and I sit back in my seat. I look over at him and he’s in his usual snapback and sunnies. 

“Where are we going?” I ask him. 

“No idea. Mum just sent me an address and told me to pick you up and go there.”

I have a bad feeling about this. Knowing our Mum’s its probably somewhere that will make us feel awkward. 

We arrive at a building and Jackson parks the car. We both get up scanning the building as we do so. We look at each other and shrug, closing the car door and heading towards the entrance. 

“She said the 7th floor.” We press the button for the elevator and when it arrives we step in. Jackson presses the button for the 7th floor and we go up. When we arrive the doors open to reveal an apartment. 

We look at each other as we hear laughing coming from further down the hall. We go in cautiously. We arrive in a living room and look for the source of the laughing. We turn around to notice the kitchen where our parents are sitting at a dining table. It’s a big dining table too, an 8 seater. 

“Oh! You’re here!” Mum stands up and reaches out to me. 

“Who’s place is this?” I ask her as Jackson and I sit down on opposite ends of the table. 

“Yours of course.” she says and the parents laugh. Jackson and I look at each other, eyes wide. 

“After the wedding you will straight away move here. We’ve already moved most of your things.” my Dad says, smiling. 

“Why don’t you both go have a look around.” Jackson’s Dad says and we both get up. 

As soon as we’re out of earshot I grab Jackson’s arm. “Did you know about this?” 

“No.” He shakes his head. “Why are you so surprised though? Where did you think we’d live? At the dorm?”

“No. I actually never thought about it. I thought you would have to stay in the dorm while I stay at home.” He pokes my forehead.

“Dummy. We’re going to get married. What married couple stays in different houses?” I laugh awkwardly and we both head to one of the doors lining the hall way. There are 3 of them. One of them is the bathroom. The next one is set up as a study. I scan the shelves and notice most of the books are mine from home. On the desk is my laptop and stationery sets. 

“I guess this is where you will be doing that writing stuff you do?” I nod. 

“I guess so.”

We leave that room and go into the next one.

“Now this is what I’m talking about.” Jackson says as he walks around the room. 

It’s set up as a dance studio with a mirrored wall and a stereo system in the corner. I can just imagine the GOT7 boys’ reaction when they see this. They’ll turn this into their training room and won’t ever go to JYPE to train again. 

Jackson plugs his phone into the sound system and plays Girls Girls Girls. He stands dancing around and he looks so excited. I stand by the wall and watch him, smiling as he performs by himself. He motions for me to join him and I shake my head. I can dance, but I wasn’t planning on showing him that side of me yet. 

He runs over to me and takes my hand, ignoring my protests. He starts to show me the dance moves and I wave my hand at him. I start dancing and he pauses for a second before joining me. We watch ourselves dance in the mirror and we’re in perfect sync. The time comes for Mark’s flips and it takes me a split second to decide that I’m going all out today. Jackson kicks and I bounce out. He watches me, eyes wide as I perform the slow motion cartwheel followed by the next two flips Mark usually does. Jackson runs over to the stereo and stop’s the music. 

 


 

Jackson’s POV

 

“What the hell was that?” I say, staring at the now unfamiliar girl in the middle of the room. She rubs her neck. 

“The routine?” 

“I didn’t know you could do that.”

“You don’t know a lot about me Jackson.” She’s right.

“Oppa.”

“Huh?” She’s trying to catch her breath. 

“I’m a year older than you. So I’m Oppa.” I see her cheeks turn into a light shade of pink and she nods. 

“How do you know our routine so well?”

“I’m pretty good at picking up dances. I only need to watch a performance a few times and then I can perform it.” She shrugs. 

“Wow.” 

“Ah, we still haven’t checked out upstairs.” She leads the way and I unplug my phone and follow her. The stairs lead to a door. Yeon Ae opens it and steps in. She stops near the door and I walk past her, standing by the huge bed in the middle of the room. I look around and I see one wall has the door to the bathroom. There are two dressers, one for each of us. I look into the bathroom and there are two sinks too. There are towels and bathrobes with our names embroidered on them. Our parents really went all out on this place. I go to the other side of the room where Yeon Ae is and I see big double doors. Yeon Ae’s already opened it and it’s our closet. Her clothes on one side and mine on the other. On the wall beside the door is one of our wedding pictures. The one with Yeon Ae in red and my face inches away from her. I smile, recalling that day. 

I take a closer look and realise the photo is actually the wallpaper. I shake my head. That must be Mum’s doing. Some of our other pictures are in frames around the room. 

“They went all out.” Yeon Ae says, coming out from the bathroom. I nod. 

We go back downstairs to our parents. 

“Do you like it?” Mum asks me. I nod.

“Yeah. It’s great.” 

“Good. I’m glad. We even got you an 8 seater dining table in case the other boys come over. Your linen cupboard is also full of pillows and blankets if they decide to sleep over. Oh and about the door - after tomorrow only people with the key can come up here, your guests will have to be buzzed in by you.”

“Thanks, Mum.” I say. 

“No worries, dear. We should get going though. There are a few more things to sort out before the big day.”

The parents say their goodbyes and Yeon Ae will be going home with her parents. As we take the elevator down together, Yeon Ae is beside me and our fingers keep touching. I’m about to grab her hand when the elevator stops. 

“See you at the wedding.” I say, just loud enough for Yeon Ae to hear and we go our separate ways. 

 

A/N: It's time to get married! 

See you all at the wedding ;) 

I hope you're all enjoying this so far :D

Thanks for reading!

xo