Caffeine

One Shot Drabble Thingy~

“And today a tragic accident involving P-“ I couldn’t care less about the words of the reporters as I stole yet another a glance at the picture frame that lay on my desk. I can’t help but want to see that beautiful face that belongs to the one stole my heart and has yet to have given it back. I can’t help but reach out and trace a delicate finger along her beautiful outline as wonderful memories fade back. That smile, those eyes, those lips…

“Soppie oppa!” I chuckled at the pet name as my attention moved over to the girl seated beside me on the faded leather couch while the soft voice called over my attention. “Oppa! Guess what today is!”

“Hmm?” I hummed in question as I sat besides her, feeling her arms snake around my sides as I played with her hair.

“Pabo! It’s our anniversary next month!” A snow-kissed hand came up and poked at my face.  Taking her had while she continued to speak and couldn’t help but notice how our snow and honey hues seem to contrast in the best of manners.

“Really? How long has it been?”

“Three years!” I smiled and stood quiet as I grinned at the thought of being with this girl I loved so much, finally a realization that I wanted to stay beside this girl and feel this love every day of our lives, ‘till even after death do us part. And somehow I was suddenly making plans for things YEARS in the future, from our children, to retirement, and all of these thoughts only made me only smile even wider as I felt like a love-struck teenage girl beside this adoring beauty.

A knock pulled me from my delectable trance. I smiled softly once again at the frame before moving to the door, that fresh memory, exactly a month old replaying in my mind. I looked down to the small box that lay on my desk, it’s contents holding my hopeful and fanciful future. I raised it and opened the azure box, inside a diamond-encrusted band twinkled under the study’s lights, it’s beauty breathtaking to any whom may see it, unfortunately, once placed on the hand of my lover, it will be dwarfed and side-shot by her beauty. I chuckled at my cheesiness, slipping the box into my coat pocket and continuing to the door as the bell chime sounded yet again.

I fixed my suit as I practically skipped to the door, face stretched into the biggest smile that even surgeries couldn’t produce. I stopped by the door and checked myself once more before turning to the door, opening it in expectations of my love.

But instead, I was met with two solemn faces. Honey skin turned pale as I saw their uniforms.

“Is this the Yang residence?” Without being able to produce a word I nodded. “Sir… we are sorry to inform you that an accident had occurred earlier today, that included the passing of a Miss. Park Soomie….”

Even after they left I couldn’t process those words as my shaky legs dragged me to the kitchen. This girl, my caffeine that kept me going was suddenly gone, it couldn’t be this easy for her to simply up and leave like this, could it? I slipped my hand into a selection of cleaners and slowly downed the remaining half of a randomly chosen container.

Minutes later I collapsed as my frame began to still and the world began to fade, carefully I reached for the ring in my pocket and pulled it out, tears staining my cheeks as they once again drained of color, taking in the brilliant rocks as my eyes shut for the final time. Most people can’t go on without their caffeine… and me? I am just like them. Without my caffeine I refuse to wake up, and without my caffeine I won’t…