Chapter 3 - Shopping with the Shopaholic

One and a half Year of Friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

A week had passed since Jinki confessed to him. The others did not ask what they had talked about and Minho was more than glad he did not have to deal with the awkward situation if they asked. He was touched by what Jinki had said that day, but during that night, he thought he looked quite foolish. I mean, maybe Jinki said that just to make me feel better. A part of his mind reasoned. Nonetheless, he still felt grateful.

School life went on as usual. Minho cycle to school alone. At first, his mom strongly opposed his idea to cycle to school alone because dear, you'd just recovered from the car accident. Let our chauffeur drives you to school. However, Minho managed to convice her and had her kept her promise when she said that she won't ask others to accompany him to school after the first day. 

Not having the four to accompany him to school didn't mean that they will leave him alone in school though.

"Morning! Minho-sshi. Have you done the project Mrs. Lim asked us to do yesterday?" Jonghyun literally ran out of the classroom and put his hand over Minho's shoulder when Minho just appeared outside the classroom. Well, I'm getting used to this..

"Good morning, Minho."I'm also getting used to Jinki's smile..

A silent Taemin walked pass him without as much as looking at him. And also him...

"Morning guys." Okay, I'll never get used to Kibum's fashion. How did this guy even look like a fashionista when he's wearing school uniform? Maybe it's because of his earring, and the bracelets, and the beanie...and pretty much all the tiny accessories he's wearing...

Feeling Minho's judging looks at him, Kibum smiled and winked at Jonghyun as he walked towards them from his seat. "Someone needs to pay attention to his own fashion a little, don't you think, Jjong?" Jonghyun laughed when he saw Kibum eyeing at Minho.

"Oh yeah, I agree with you, Kibum."

"I think I ought to agree with you guys too. He has the look but lacks the fashion. Gotta go, see you later." Jinki waved his hand before walking away.

"Huh? What? I'm satisfied with my fashion." Why is he suddenly the topic of them?

Just then, the teacher came and the three of them scurried back to their seats. The rest of the period when by with Kibum and Jonghyun whispering and throwing small papers full of scribbles and Minho had a hunch telling him that they were talking about him. And most probably about his fashion too.

For the rest of the day, Minho half expected that either Kibum or Jonghyun will come to him and give him a lecture on clothes and fashion or something like that. Surprisingly, they didn't. By the time the school bell rang signalling that school had finally ended, Minho heaved a sign of relief. He collected his books, put them away in his bag and swung his bag to his shoulder, eager to go home as fast as he could. Minho walked out of his classroom, turning to the staircases but stopped abruptly. Like a gust of wind, he turned and headed straight back to the classroom, closing the door behind him in less than a second, laying his back on the door, secretly hoping that Kibum and Jonghyun didn't see him as they climbed the stairs up. Shouldn't they be on their way heading home now? Minho frowned.

"Minho, why are you hiding in the classroom?" Crap, they saw me.

"Minho-yah~ We have a suggestion." They're certainly, most definitely up to no good. Minho took a look at the windows, considering whether he should just jump out from one of the windows, getting away from these two busybodies. Too high, Minho concluded. He looked around again, trying to figure a way to escape from the two outside. 

 

 

During the classes, Kibum and Jonghyun had been whispering and exchanging small papers, much to the teachers' annoy. Kibum couldn't cared less, he had a plan. A perfect plan to open up Minho's heart to them and eliminate his suspicion towards them. Well, and change his style a bit. Not that he's ugly, Key thought to himself. He's the perfect definition of cool city guy. Except without the city look and rather has a nerd look. Which makes him a cool "nerd" guy. Key laughed at his own imagination of Minho as a cool "nerd" guy. Kibum scribbled something on a piece of paper he rippied from his notebook before crumpling it into a ball and threw it to Jonghyun's desk. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow. Open and read it. Key mouthed.

Jjong, let's persuade Minho to go shopping with us later.

Jonghyun took out a pen and scibbled.

Huh? Why?

A mission to make him believe that we are his friends.

And how's shopping suppose to make us look like his friends and not some crazy bunch of shopaholics?

Friends shop together, stupid! And just act like normal friends shopping together.

Jonghyun looked up from the crumpled paper, giving Kibum a "Are you serious?" look. 

"Of course I am!" Key blurted out.

"Yes Kim Kibum, do you have any question about this chapter?" Mr. Jung asked as everyone in the classroom fixed their eyes on Kibum. Kibum blushed.

"N-no, sir."

"Okay then. We shall resume from where we've stopped just now. And if you do have any questions about the topic that we are disccusing right now, don't hesitate to ask, Mr. Kim." Mr. Jung said as a final warning to Kibum. Kibum nodded his head.

 

 

"Hey, don't worry, Minho. We just want to ask you to go shopping with us." Kibum ensured him from the other side of the door. Still, Minho did not open the door.

"Come on, Minho. I'm sure we will have lots of fun. Just come with us. We haven't been able to hang out together for a long time after you had the car accident. Now's the best time!" Jonghyun pipped in. They weren't going to give up that easily. It's their "mission", after all. Minho, leaning on the door, started to think. After some time, he figured that going shopping was actually not a bad idea since he could use this chance to find out whether they were really his friends or not. And if they're not, what was their real motives.

"Alright then. I'll go with you guys." Minho pulled open the door as Jonghyun and Kibum cheered.

"Oh, since yo

Please log in to read the full chapter