Chapter 1 - Memory Loss

One and a half Year of Friendship
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Beep...beep...beep..."

Minho squinted his eyes at the striking brightness of the sunlight, blinking a few times so that his eyes could adjust to the brightness. Finally, after a few minutes of adjusting his eyes to the bright sunlight, Minho opened his eyes. The first colour he saw was white. White walls, white curtains, white bedsheet. A room with white wall joining to the white ceiling above, an Electrocardiography moniter (ECG) showing his heart rate and blood pressure, the mixed smell of medicine and disinfectant lingering at his nose, and the sound of patients and their family members talking were what Minho saw and heard after he woke up.

"S-son, you're awake!" Before Minho could recognize who it was, he was hugged by a woman who just came into the room.

"M-mom..I'm fine." Minho managed to mutter under his breath.

"Omo..I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Realizing that she might have hugged her only son a little too tight, Mrs. Choi quickly released her arms around Minho.

"Yeah..I'm fine. Where am I?" Minho asked.

"Uhm..don't you remember? You had a car accident two weeks ago..." Minho's mom started to explain but choked, "I almost thought I lost you..."

"Your mom was so worried and she cried almost every day while staying by your side." Just then, Minho's father walked into the room and said.

"I-I'm sorry, mom and dad..." Minho felt guilty and sad that he made his parents so worried about him, "but how did I get involved in a car accident?" He doesn't remember driving a car nor getting anywhere near the roads to be involved in a car accident.

"Y-you don't remember? Anything at all?" This time, Minho's mom sounded a bit surprised.

"Doctors!! Please come and check my son's condition. He's awake now." Mr. Choi shouted so that the doctors that were in charge of his son heard him.

After the long and boring from-head-to-toes body check-up and a lot of questions regarding his name and age and his parents and stuff, the doctors claimed that Minho was fine and everything was good, except that he had suffered from a minor memory loss "which will not affect his physical and mental abilities", said the doctors. Mr. Choi thanked the doctors before the doctors went back to their own work.

"Minho-ah, so you remember your name and age and us,right?" Sitting besides Minho, his mom asked.

"Yeah."

"And you also remember we work at Choi Enterprise, the largest company in Seoul, right?"

"Mom, dad is the president in Choi Enterprise and I'm your only son, you said that every time since I was a kid. How can I possibly forget that?"

"Do you remember anything else? Like...your friends? Or your teachers?"

"...No."

"It's okay, son. You have us." 

Somehow, Minho sensed that his mom sounded kind of relief that he couldn't remember almost everything, but hey, maybe mom's just relief that I'm fine and finally awake now. He smiled at his mother, who returned a bigger smile and went to peel apples for him. 

 

 

The next day, Minho woke up feeling much better. Even though his right leg was still bandaged, one of the doctors had assured him that he will be able to walk in a few days. All the doctors hired by his father to treat him were very amazed that he did not suffered from any serious injuries despite he just involved in a car accident. "You're a lucky one, young man." They exclaimed. Minho smiled and nodded, but he never really bother what the doctors had said to him.

After having a high class homemade lunch made by his mom, Minho sat comfortably on his bed, listening to the songs in

Please log in to read the full chapter