Signal

Words

"It feels good to be outside"

 I'm sitting on a bench, looking at the small river in front of me. The cool breeze in the air, the smell of the grass, the kids playing happily with each other…

Ah, do you remember? We used to call this river "The river of promises"… We were so foolish. No, we were dreamers. We were young and in love. Do you remember?

We would come here every day. We would sit right here, on this bench. "The bench of love". Yes, it's a stupid name but we loved it. It was our special place. Although we weren't the only ones coming here and sit here, it was still special for us. It was not a secret hideout, everyone could come here of course. But it felt like it was ours. Silly right? It sounds silly now. But it isn't because this was the place where our love story began. This place here resembles the happiest moment of our lives. The time in our lives when we loved the most. We were so happily in love we didn't even though that we would end up like this, right?

I remember picking up a flower from the ground and put it behind your ear, adjusting your hair so it wouldn't fall. It matched your hair color so perfectly. Beautiful. You blushed and tried to hide a smile that was forming on  your sweet lips. Those lips. I just had to kiss them after that..

We walked alongside the river, holding hands. A fresh and happy couple. A promising story, a prosperous future. Not so much after all, right?

I guess we, like everything in live, had our time and place. We met, we loved and now we should let go. But why? What happened in the way that made us turn out to be like this? Were we not meant to be? I don't want to believe that...

 

"I actually miss the times when we blamed and hurt each other
Now we gave up on each other, we don’t even clash
It’s not there – that energy of when we first met"

 

It's strange to miss these times but at least we talked and it meant that we cared for each other, we cared for our relationship. But now… it means nothing right?

How I wish I felt the same for you as I did before, how I wish our love didn't fade away, how I wish… I could talk to you about how I feel.. It should be easy but somehow my tongue gets stuck and words can't escape my mouth. Maybe it's because I'm scared of what may happen next, of your reaction. Yes, I guess that's it. But we can't stick like this forever, we have to do something… I have to do something.

 

"How nice would it be
if love was something to get by wanting it?"

 

Walking back home, I try to gain courage to talk to you. I hope you are still there. I hope for it every day. I hope you didn't leave because that way I wouldn't be able to say what I have to say, to say "I'm sorry", even if it means nothing; I wouldn't see your face and your reaction to my words. I wouldn't and I have to. So I can move on knowing that we were fair to each other, knowing that this happened and we had our reasons, knowing how you feel about it and, specially, knowing that I was able to open up to you… one last time.

The sky looks beautiful tonight and I wish I could watch the stars with you..

But the air feels.. heavy.

 

I put the key on the lock, open the door it up and make my way up stairs to meet you.

The smell of warm coffee fills the air of our apartment. I can see you looking at the sky with your mug on your hand. I run up to you as see the tears rolling down your face. It breaks my heart to see you like this.

But I guess today is the day, huh?

Those words. Sooner or later they would come out, right?

 

"Jungkook, I can't do this anymore…"


It's almost over guys, probably just one more chapter~~

I wanted this to be a short story so~~ eheh

well, enjoy and antecipate the next one~~ bye!!