01

This Basketball Court

"Yah Kim Jongin! Give me back my pencil case!" Saerin shout trying to reach her pencil case. 

"Uh-oh! Not until you say yes Kim Saerin!" Jongin, known as Kai, wave her pencil case higher so she cant reach it.

"Ah! I need to ask my appa first! Do you dare to ask him?!" she said while stepping on Kai's feet.

"Ouch! That hurts." he cringed and lowered the pencil case automatically.

"Ha!" Saerin snatch her pencil case away and start packing her bag to go home.

"But seriously, i've been asking you for the 10th time already." Kai said.

She's been rejecting all Kai's invite to play basketball with the best player in school. EXO boys.Beside her protective father, she's also not that good in basketball so..what's the use? Kai and Saerin have been best friend since..well..this year when both of them are in the same class and seat side by side at the very back. Like a normal boy-girl bestfriend relationship, Kai fell in love with Saerin since they're sitting side by side everyday. Without him knowing, Saerin grew to love him more everytime he's around and do he's stupid way for making her laugh.

"Seriously? All of them are boys and im the only girl. I'll be a dead meat if my dad found out." Saerin said and walked away.

"Arraseo! I'll talk to you father!" Kai said and blinks. what the hell am i saying? oh no. this.is.bad.

Saerin stopped, turn around and give her best smile. "Deal, you and my daddy do the talking okay?" 

"H-he is not that scary right?" Kai gulped.

"You bet, he will just eat you alive." Saerin said with a poker face.

"Eyy, my daddy in law wouldnt be like that to me!" he said with a cheesy face.

"Eww! cheesy Jongin please go away!" Saerin said push him away.

"I-I will see you tomorrow then i guess..Don't forget to bring extra clothes!" Kai said and left.

 

 

I'm bored. this history class make want to take a nap.

a note flew to Saerin's desk. She turn her head to the right and see Kai's playing with his pencil. bored. Saerin take a break from copying the board and write a reply.

Go take a nap then, i'll doubt Mr. Seo will notice you at the back lol.

She continue taking note since it's her favourite subject and she always get good grades. While working with the example problems, a note flew again.

Yeah lucky you, it's your favourite subject and always get good grades.

She tilt her head to the right and see Kai's smiling at her and make some funny faces that make her laugh a little.

"Kim Saerin? Kim Jongin? What are you two doing?" Mr. Seo said and all eyes are on them.

"Crap." muttered Saerin silently.

"I-I was taking note sir." Saerin defend herself.

"What was that on your hand? let me see." Mr. Seo said and snatch the note.

"This...is taking note? Out. both of you." he said while pointing at the door.

"Thanks to you i will get bad grades on this material." Saerin said once they're outside.

"You're welcome." Kai said innocently.

"......................."

"I mean seriously, you have thousand good grades already. one bad grade wont affect you..right?"

".................................."

"Are you sulking?"

"..........................."

"Eyy, don't sulk!" Kai said poking her cheek.

"..................."

"No fun! I'll bring Lay sunbae later eo?"

"........................"

"this girl. Ya! Don't make me like a crazy dude talking alone!"

"You already are." 

"You replied!" 

"Yeah,yeah whatever." Saerin said yawning.

"Do you bring extra clothes?" Kai asked.

"Of course! Yes..n-nope..yes..?" Saerin sound unsure.

"As expected from Kim Saerin." Kai said in a monotone and clapped his hands once.

"I forgot to bring! it's just a simple matter." she said.

"You'll get sick if you get drenched in one outfit and let that outfit dry by itself.Luckily i bring two extra incase you didnt bring." Kai said proudly.

"As expected from Kim Jongin." she imitate him and nods.

 

 

"Yo! Kim Jongin is here with his girl Kim Saerin!" Kai shout on his way to the basketball court.

"I'm not your girl babo-ya!" Saerin shot him a death glare. But she have to admit, her heart skipped a beat when she heard "his girl." Actually her heart skipped a beat whenever he's around. Just like him.

"In your dream! She's here for me, right noona?" Sehun the magnae ask her cutely.

"Screw you Sehun-a! We're on the same age! Don't act cute." Saerin flick his forehead.

"Whoa, Saerin is here, what's going on? Why so sudden and unusual?" Jongdae said chewing his gum.

"He said he want to talk to my father. so...yeah, im not losing anything." Saerin said.

"Hyung, you're digging your own grave." Sehun said.

"I'm not your hyung magnae." Kai said and shove him and make way to the basketball court.

"Hey guys! Suho, Kris, and Luhan cannot attend today cause they got detention" Lay said while laughing.

"Eh? There's Saerin?" Lay asked when he see Saerin.

"Ne oppa! Let's test my basketball skill today!" Saerin said.

"So only 10 of us?" Baekhyun asked.

"Okay, it's 5 vs 5 then!" D.O grin.

"I'm going to be team up with Baekhyun, Kai, and Sehun and Tao." Chanyeol said.

"Well, that leave me with Saerin, D.O, Chen, and Lay then." said Xiumin.

"What are we waiting for then?" asked Kai who already ready to play.

The game went on for an hour and a half. Which is very intense since all of them are the best basketball player in their school. BSE High School. Well, except Saerin..She's the best in this school too! If it come for running. That's why she sprint all the way to do the passing and threw the ball to Lay to shoot. After the tiring game, which is won by Kai's team different by half point 31-30, they all seat in the court to relaxing.

"Ey, i need something to do." Lay stand up.

"Wait, leggo for a chinese party." said Xiumin and stand up too.

"Count me in!" said Chen.

"I need to go home too. Let's go Baekhyun-a!" Chanyeol said gathering his belongings.

"I have a date with magnae, join us?" Tao said put his arm on Sehun's shoulder.

"Im coming!" D.O said too.

"I'm gonna take her to her dad first, so..I'll catch up." Kai said waving his hand.

"So...you're a good runner." Kai said.

"Duh, everyone knows that." Saerin drink again while massaging her legs.

"here let me help." Kai said and sit infront of Saerin to help her massaging her legs.

"You're good at this Jongin-a!" Saerin .

And suddenly heavy rain pour from the sky making them wet. Kai quickly grab Saerin's hand and run to the building where they'll be safe from the rain.

"Aw..i'm gonna be so..dead." Saerin said panic.

"What?" Kai asked.

"My dad's gonna be so pissed." Saerin said biting her lower lips.

"It's okay with me, i like spending time with you." Kai said looking at her.

"Wh-what?" she blinks, couldnt grasp the situation.

e-eh? what's wrong? her heart did somersault and she can feel butterfly in her stomach.

"Nevermind." he said and looked away.

"Let me hear that one more time!" she said and turn to Kai's face so she can see his eyes.

"No repeat." he said and show his back to Saerin.

"Aww, please please..." Saerin said with an aegyo tune.

Kai exhale, turn around and cup Saerin's face with his hands. 

"What i'm saying is Kim Saerin, i'm falling in love with you. hard." he said.

Is..is he confessing to me right now? now her heart do that somersault again, and this time she can hear her own heart beat! Her cheeks grew red and she can't breath.

"Eh? Why are your cheeks as res as a tomato?" Kai said and poke her cheek.

"A-Aniya! It's not! Stop that!" she said hiding her blushing. She cant let him hear her heartbeat.

"You're cute. Oh..Are you falling for me too?" Kai asked while pinching her cheeks.

"Yah!" she said still hiding her happiness.

"Don't be embarrased." Kai said circle his arm on her shoulder.

"oh, you'll be so dead if my dad knew about this." she said and cant help it with her smile on her face.

"Who care? he's gonna be my dad in law someday. Don't you think i should get use to it?" Kai said with a big smile on his face.

that's it. all i need for know. don't need to hide my happiness. Im happy for who i am with him and for who he is with me.

"I hate cheesy things." she said teasing him.

"I'm not usually do that, but i do it for you only though." he said and plant a kiss on her head gently.