Chapter 1

Game of Life

                   It was the first day of middle school. Shin Hye entered the classroom. She chose to sit by the corner because that was her favorite place to sit. The boys stares at Shin Hye, not wanting attention, she turns away and looks out the window. She listens closely to what the group of boys are saying. "Ya, hyung. Don't you think that girl at the corner looking out the window cute?" "Yeah. Anyways, nice to see you again, Suho. Thanks for coming to this school." They hug then Shin Hye stops listening to their conversation. The bell rang and the teacher entered the room. "All right everybody, sit down." Everybody sat down and the teacher continued to talk. "I'll be taking attendance. Say "Here" when I say your name." She started taking attendance. When she reached to the end of the list, there was only one more she didn't say. "Lee Min Ho." There was silence. "Min Hos not here?" The classroom door opened. A tall, handsome guy entered the room. "Here. Im Lee Min Ho." -Teacher- "Good, now a seat by the new kid at the corner." He sat down by Shin Hye and put his feet on the table. She looked at him then he looked back. She turned away after making eye contact with him. "Wow, she's pretty..." He thought to himself. "All right, I'll be starting class now. Everybody should have a text book, take that out and go to page 83. " Everybody took out their text books but Lee Min Ho took out his text book, note book, and pencil. The teacher started to read out loud. Min Ho, not following along wrote a letter to Shin Hye. "Hello there~" She wrote back unhappily. "Hi?" -Min Ho- "How you doing?" -Shin Hye- "What do you want." -Lee Min Ho- "Just wanna know if youre single. If you are, you wanna go grab a drink together?" -Shin Hye- "Sorry, you're not my type. Leave me alone." Min Ho was writing something but the teach grabbed the paper and read it. "Oho, trying to get a girl again? I'm not allowing it during class hon. I'll let it go today but not next time." She crumbled it up and threw it away. Suho and his friend stared at Min Ho and Shin Hye.

             After class, they went to their next classes. After that class they went to their next, then their next and so on. After school, Min Ho ran towards Shin Hye when he saw her but when she saw him, she ran home at the speed of lightning. When she got home, she went in her room and lied on her bed. Her mom opened the door and started yelling at her to do chores. "Ya! Go wash the dishes!" She sighed and went in the kitchen to wash the dishes. Right after finished washing the dishes, her mom told her to clean the whole house. She swept, mopped and scrubbed the house but her mom was just lying on the couch watching drama. By the time she finished, it was night time. She stayed up until the early morning to do all of the homework she had. Her mom entered her room again. "Ya! Sleep! Who told you not to do your homework earlier?" -Shin Hye- "I couldn't... I was doing what you told me to do." -Mom- "I didn't tell you to do anything! You were watching drama while I was working! Now sleep!" -Shin Hye- "Okay..." Her mom closed the door. Shin Hye thought to herself. "I hope I get married soon... I don't want to stay here..." Her door opened again. A guy was leaning in the side of the door and held a bottle of beer. "Ya, gimme all your money." -Shin Hye- "Kris... I need this money. Stop taking my money all the time." -Kris- "Shuddap and gimme." He walked towards her, he grabbed Shin Hye by her arm. Shin Hye stood up, no longer sitting on her chair. "Please Kris, I need this money." Kris grabbed Shin Hyes wallet and opened it. Shin Hye tried to stop him, trying to get her wallet back. She pulled and pulled. "Give it back Kris." Kris got mad and punched Shin Hye in the stomach. Shin Hye felt heavy pain and fell unconscious.

             Her alarm clock fell on her head the she woke up. She ran to Kris's room and looked at the clock. It was time for school. She got ready, when she was about to leave, she went back to her room and saw her wallet on the ground. She picked it up and looked in it. It was completely empty. Not a single coin. Shin Hye still felt pain in her stomach. A tear slid town Shin Hyes cheek. "I really wish to get married and leave soon..." She put her wallet in her bag and walked to school. When she got to the schools gate, Suho went near her and started to talk to her. "Hi." -Shin Hye- " *Smiles* Hi." -Suho- "Do you prabably wanna go hang out sometimes? Like... you wanna date?" Shin Hye smiles and thought to herself, "Chance!" "Sure, yeah. I would love to. I'll meet you here after school." They ran to class and the teacher took attendance again. This time she listened very closely to their names. Suhos friends name was "Luhan" and the other guys in the class names were "Baekhyun, Tao, Chanyeol, Kai, Sehun, Lay, Chen, Kyung Soo, and Xiumin", which they were all a group of friends. There were other guys like Min Ho but she didn't care about paying attention to them. 

             After class, Shin Hye and Suho met at the schools gate. They went to the mall, which Suho regret going to because Shin Hye was a shopaholic and couldn't stop shopping (looking at clothes because she had no money). After shopping/looking at stuff for hours and hours, they finally went home. When Shin Hye got home, her mom started scolding her. "Ya! Why are you so late? Wash the dishes! And clean the house. I always have to do it!" She sighed and did her work again, this was a daily routine for her. She did this everyday, had to stay up all night to do her homework everyday. She hated her life. She wanted to get married, leave this family and all this pain. If she couldn't even do that, she would rather die.