Second Instance:

3 Times Daehyun was nice to Yongguk + 1 Time where Yongguk Returned a Favour

“Urrwah! Hyung look at this.”

 Daehyun looked over to see the maknae signaling Youngjae to check out a pair of shoes that were on display. Smiling he turned back to his own task and continued to skim through the rack of shirts.

They were currently in Chicago for their second U.S tour and having a break from their schedules they chose to do some sightseeing.

However due to Himchan’s persistence the five of them were bunched in a relatively small souvenir store looking for a memorable item to take back to Korea; five of them because Yongguk was busy with the management staff thus missing out on the second oldest gushing about how cute Jongup looked in a vintage cap to which Daehyun considered the elder lucky.

“Ah this should do,” the vocalist said with a smile finally making up his mind on which shirt he wanted and was about to approach the cashier until a tiny section of the store caught his eyes.

A humble collection of LP’s were arranged neatly on a shelf and the closer he got he could guess that they were probably very valuable from the way they were highly polished and that each were tucked in a glass case. Skimming through them he realized that many were of the Blues and Soul genre and instantly thought of their leader, who was stuck working rather than enjoying the little time they had off.

Searching for the price his eyes widened and for a good while he looked back and forth at the shirt he was about to purchase and the vinyl records, the wheels in his mind working carefully.

Sighing Daehyun walked over to the store clerk with the shirt still in his hands. He saw their manger nearby fiddling with some colourful contraption and pretty soon he found himself approaching the elder with an idea in mind.

“Hyung…can I ask you a favor?”

************

“Gukkie you should have been there it was amazing! This guy did a free fall from a 3 story building and landed perfectly on his two feet. Youngjae filmed it so you can ask him to show you when you get the chance. Oh and we went…”

Yongguk smiled at his friend's rambling tossed himself on his bed. The staff wanted to go over a few details about the concert with him but it took them a lot longer than intended thus having him arrive to their hotel late in the afternoon.

All he wanted to do was get some rest however that doesn’t seem like it would an option as he was roomed with Himchan who was set on giving him all the details of what he missed for the first half of the day.

As he listened to the other relating the tale of how their maknae almost bought a pair of “the most terrible looking shoes he’d ever seen” Yongguk noticed a wrapped package laying on the surface of his pillow.

“This yours?” he interrupted Himchan while gesturing towards the item.

“Nope.”

The leader raised his eyebrows.

“Kang-Hyung told me to give it to you when you came back. He asked that you don’t try to figure out who’s it from though.”

The elder man watched his dongseng smiled at him as he slowly open the simple wrapping and couldn’t help the awestruck expression that crossed his face at what was on the inside; a collection of the top Souls hits of the 60’s.

“Did you get me this?” Yongguk happily turned to ask the still smiling Himchan who just shook his head.

“Not me, but by the end of the day you’ll probably figure out who it is. Just don’t say anything,” and with that the visual left the room stating that he was going to hang out with Jongup for a bit and give him some time to rest.

****************

Funnily enough Himchan was right because by the time the day was through he knew exactly who got him his beloved gift.

Seeing Daehyun follow their manager around doing odd tasks that their staff would normally cover was hilarious but cute and a sweet gesture that Yongguk appreciated to the bottom of his heart.