The Beginning

Red Thread of Fate

     "Nobody can control their fate," an old voice echoed through a dense fog, the mist swirling about with each infliction.

 

     "I can," this voice was young, determined and sure. The fog puffed like a small volcano when the young one spoke, as if showing his inner fire. The weary voice simply laughed knowingly.

 

     Nobody can control their fate.

 

'~'~'~'

 

 

     An alarm resounded through the mist and shattered the tense atmosphere. "Kim Hyunjoong! Turn off your alarm!" Hyunjoong shot up in his bed, his shaggy hair sticking up every which way. The young boy of twelve blinked blearily at his mother, not fully awake yet.

 

     "Ugh..." he reached over and shut off the alarm, running his hands over his face and slapping his cheeks to wake himself up. That damn dream again. His grandfather was always trying to tell him about destiny and fate; he'd even made op this ludacris story about a red thread or whatever. Hyunjoong grumbled and stumbled out of bed, heading to the bathroom to ready himself for the day.

 

'~'~'~'

 

     7:00 AM, wake up. 7:05 AM, shower. 7:30 AM, be at the breakfast table eating. 8:00 AM, go to school. 8:30 AM, be the first to class. 9:00 AM, school begins.

 

     "Oppa~" Lee Junki shifted his eyes to the girl clinging to his arm. Too much make up, heavy perfume, -status skirt. "Oppa, why are you always the first one to class, when you're such a bad boy~?" God, it really was too much perfume.

 

     "Am I really that bad?" Junki asked, a forced grin spread over his lips. "Guess I just need to keep the teachers thinking I'm not." A few other girls giggled and hid behind their hands in what they thought was a cute pose. He had to refrain from covering his ears at the annoying giggling.

 

     Junki wasn't really a "bad boy" like the student body liked to believe. It was just his image, and how he was so aloof to everything. He figured there wasn't really a reason to be like that. He didn't have a horrible home life, nor was he bullied at school. On the contrary, he was treated like a prince in both places. His life was comfortable. Perfect.

 

     So. ing. Perfect.

 

'~'~'~'

 

     Lee Junki wandered around after school. His parents were away on business, so he wasn't worried about being home at the set time of 4:30. 'I should even have a scheduled time to breathe.' He thought sarcastically. '1:00 AM, breathe in. Hold for ten minutes. 1:10, die.'

 

     "I've become morbid." Junki stopped in front of an old store and looked at himself in the window. The reflection wasn't familiar at all. Actually... the boy staring back at him was shorter, and younger looking. He moved closer to the window, the reflection mirroring him perfectly. Until the boy smiled and waved when Junki didn't. "!" Junki jumped back and glared inside the store, the boy laughing like crazy. "Ya! Are you crazy?" He stormed inside the store and found the boy... nowhere?

 

     "You should sit under the ice fall," the older boy jumped again in surprise and turned to find the "reflection" staring up at him. That stare reminded him of an owl - it unnerved him. "You're wound really tight, it'll calm your mind."

 

     "I'm not wound, you just shouldn't scare people." Junki huffed and glared at the boy. He was about to say something else when an elderly woman came from the back.

 

     "Kim Hyunjoong," the boy, Hyunjoong, turned his head and smiled at her. "Are you harassing people again?"

 

     "Never," Junki studied the kid. He had an odd way about him, but it was something that made it hard to stop looking. The old woman came to Junki, ruffling Hyunjoong's hair on her way.

 

     "Is there something in particular you'd like? Massage, the sauna, hot tub?"

 

     "I told him he should go to the ice fall," Hyunjoong popped up between them, making Junki steer back.

 

     "Ah, no one really uses that." The storekeeper waved her hand as if to dispell the words.

 

     Hyunjoong turned and stared up at Junki, his owly eyes seemed to look right into him. Junki swallowed hard. "But he needs to stop screaming."

 

     With that one statement, Kim Hyunjoong crashed right in to Lee Junki's already fragile mind.

 

'~'~'~'

Thank you to those who reviewed and subscribed to my story! I'm glad to know it's being viewed.
Other than working like an animal, I don't really have an excuse for taking so long to update. Mianhaeyo!
I'll work harder to update more regularly, maybe once or twice a week.
Keep 4D personality~