Final

Black and White

 

He's waking up!”

Are you sure?”

Positive. I just saw his eyes flutter.”

Finally, we've been waiting for so long!”

 

 

Baekhyun heard voices around him and felt a slight pain in his head as he tried to open his tired eyes. Can't they just shut up, don't they see I'm tired and want to sleep?

 

He forced his eyes open with a silent sigh and looked up at the blurry shapes above him.

 

“Oh my god, he's awake!” he heard a female voice say excitedly, “I'll go call the doctor.”

 

Doctor? What Doctor?, Baekhyun thought confused, as he tried to get his eyes to focus properly. At the moment he was able to recognize a middle aged man looking at him. A younger woman as well. He figured there was probably another woman here, the one that left to get the doctor.

 

“Baekhyun, are you alright?” The man asked him.

 

As Baekhyun's eyes were finally able to focus fully and he wasn't seeing anything blurry anymore, he realized something. Cautiously, he asked: “Appa?”

 

This man was his father.

 

“It's a miracle.” The younger woman sitting beside his father said with tears in her eyes, “You know how worried we've been about you? It's been so long...” she trailed off and wiped at her tears.

 

That was his elder sister. Mihyun.

 

The confused boy didn't say anything, just looked around at his surroundings. “Appa, why am I in a hospital?”

 

“Do you not remember?” Her father asked with worry in his eyes,”The accident. You were-”

 

He was cut off as a doctor and a middle aged women entered the room. His mother.

 

“Baekhyun, sweetheart, I'm so glad you're finally awake!” His mother ran up to him and gave him a quick hug. Her eyes also glistered with tears, just the way Mihyun's did seconds ago. Why is everyone so worked up?

 

“Hello, Byun Baekhyun-ssi. I'm Dr. Kim. I see you're finally awake now. Do you know why you're here?” the doctor asked him politely.

 

Baekhyun shook his head as an answer, and then his father said, “He seems to be a little confused. Is that something to worry about?”

 

“No, of course not.” Dr. Kim reassured the man, “It's normal for coma patients to be slightly confused when they wake up.”

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened, “C-coma?” What coma? I was in a coma? What the hell happened? Can't someone tell me already!

 

“Yes, coma.” Dr. Kim confirmed. “I'm assuming your family hasn't been able to tell you yet since you just woke up, but you've been in a coma for a little over a year now after an unfortunate accident.”

 

“Oh.” was all that Baekhyun was able to force himself to say. He was in shock, to say the least. The last he remembered he celebrated his 16th birthday around a week ago. Apparently, it's been over a year instead.

 

“I understand you're shocked, but you have to fulfil a couple tests so that I can make sure you're healthy. If everything is alright you can go home in the next couple days.”

 

Baekhyun nodded in understanding, though for some reasons he had this weird feeling in his gut. It felt like as if something was wrong, he just couldn't pinpoint what exactly. Maybe it's because I can't remember the accident... what kind of accident was it? He asked himself as he realized that no one has actually told him about what has happened.

 

As Baekhyun went through the different test that included moving all of his fingers and limbs, checking his hand-eye-coordination and walking in a straight line, he just couldn't shake off that weird feeling.

 

“So far it seems like everything if fine. One last test,” the doctor told him and held out a pen that he grabbed out of his pocket, “What colour is this pen?”

 

Baekhyun thought for a second, something just didn't seem right. His eyes widened as he realized a very important detail that he missed before. Colours.

 

“What is it, Baekhyun-ssi?”

 

Baekhyun knew he was an artist, that wasn't something he could easily forgot. Art was one of the most important things in his life. As were his eyes and hands, since they are what enable him to draw and paint. He had this natural talent when it came to art. Making different colours and shades flow together to make a painting, or drawing something so realistically it looked almost photographed.

 

“Colours.” He said in a whisper.

 

“Is something wrong, Baekhyun?” Dr. Kim asked him, looking concerned.

 

“Colours.” Baekhyun repeated, a little louder this time. “I can't see colours. I don't know what colour that pen is. Colours. Why can't I see them?” He started breathing a bit faster, at the beginning of panicking. “Why is everything black and white?!” he yelled, demanding to know an answer no one can give him.

 

“Byun Baekhyun, please calm down.” Dr. Kim tried to reassure him, “I don't know why this happened, we'll do an x-ray on your brain to see if any of the damage from the accident still remains. I'm sorry. I thought there wouldn't be any side affects, but it seems I was wrong.”

 

Baekhyun was on the brink of tears, he sat down on the bed and looked down at his shaking hands. Grey, shaking hands.

 

He someone lay there hand on his shoulder and he looked up to see his mother, “Baekhyun, I'm sure it's just temporary. It'll get better.”

 

Dr. Kim looked at them with an expression filled with sadness and pity. “I'm sorry to say this, I really am, but I doubt this is temporary. It was a severe accident you went through, Baekhyun. You're injuries were grave and I'm actually surprised you recovered so quickly, other than the fact you were in a coma for over a year. You should be thankful it was only your ability to see colours that you lost, not your life.”

 

Baekhyun looked up at the doctor, “You don't understand.” he simply told him in a shaking voice and looked at his mother, “Umma, what do I do now?” The woman didn't say anything, just smiled at her son and his head. She pulled him into a hug and Baekhyun didn't resist. He needed someone to rely on at the moment, a shoulder to cry on.

 

And that's exactly what he did.

 

Cry.

 

~ ~ ~

 

It's been two weeks since Baekhyun has been released from the hospital. Three since he found out he couldn't see colours anymore.

 

He was walking to school. His first day of school since the accident. It wasn't his old school, but a new one. Baekhyun wanted a fresh start, wanted to forget about everything that happened.

 

That's kinda hard to do when everything Baekhyun sees is a reminder to what he used to have. What he doesn't have now.

 

The world looks like a sad, grim place in black and white.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Baekhyun walks outside during lunch break to find himself a quiet place to eat. The first part of the day went fine. The students were friendly. They talked to him, made him feel included. No one found out about his secret.

 

As the boy walked around the school he found himself lost in thought, thinking about what it was like before the accident. He's been doing this a lot lately. He'd remember the fun times he had with his friends. The hours, sometimes even days, he'd spend locked in his room doing nothing other than paint and draw. He remembered the colours.

 

Beautiful colours.

 

Baekhyun had always thought colours were beautiful, natural ones especially.

 

The way leaves changed colours in fall, the way flowers blossomed in spring, and the way the sun made the sky look at sunset and dawn. It was simply beautiful, magical even. There was no other way to describe it.

 

Just then Baekhyun was pulled out of his thoughts as he crashed into something in front of him and stumbled backwards, falling onto his backside.

 

Baekhyun let out a groan of pain as he hit the hard asphalt. “Oh my god, I'm so sorry!” He heard a voice above him said. “I didn't see you.”

 

Turns out it was someone he bumped into, not something. Baekhyun looked up and found a guy looking down at him. He had curly hair, a sort of cute baby face and eyes that clearly showed how bad he felt about making Baekhyun fall. The stranger held out his hand to him, Baekhyun looked at him for a couple seconds longer before taking the boy's hand slowly.

 

The boy easily pulled him up and Baekhyun realized, damn, this guy is tall. He was practically a head taller them him.

 

The boy nervously scratched the back of his head, “I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to make you fall.”

 

“It's alright.” Baekhyun told him, surprised at himself. He doesn't usually forgive people that easily. There was just something about this guy, yet he couldn't quite pinpoint what exactly.

 

The guy let out a grin, “Great! My name's Park Chanyeol, by the way.” He introduced himself and this time held out his hand to offer him a handshake.

 

“Byun Baekhyun.” He told him and shook the strangers hand.

 

“You're new aren't you?” Chanyeol asked curiously, “I haven't seen you around before.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Today is my first day. I was looking for a quiet place to eat but then I bumped into you.”

 

Chanyeol let out a chuckle, “Well, I'm glad you bumped into me! You seem like a cool guy, maybe we could even be friends. What grade are you in?” He asked curiously.

 

“Eleven. I'm supposed to be in grade twelve, but, uh, it's a long story.” Baekhyun gave Chanyeol part of the truth. He wasn't lying, since it really is a long story, sort of. He simply didn't tell him everything. No one knows the whole truth about what happened to him other than his family and he wasn't about to change that.

 

“I see.” Chanyeol let out a smile, understanding that he didn't want to talk about it. “I'm in grade twelve, too bad we can't be in the same class. Do you want me to show you around school? I'm sure you haven't seen everything yet.”

 

“Sure, a tour would be nice. I did almost get lost this morning.” Baekhyun agreed with a small smile.

 

“I'll make sure you won't get lost again, let's go!” Chanyeol laughed and pulled Baekhyun along.

 

Baekhyun smiled. His first real smile since he woke up three week ago. It's a wonder that a complete stranger could have such an effect on him.

 

~ ~ ~

 

That day after school, Baekhyun couldn't stop thinking. This time he wasn't thinking about the past, but about Chanyeol and how his day at school went.

 

Chanyeol gave him a tour of the whole school and they both ended up being late for their next classes, not to forget Baekhyun forgot to eat lunch.

 

It was as if Baekhyun forgot about his problems while being with Chanyeol. He wondered why it was like that, why the boy had that kind of an effect on him. Maybe it was because of the smile that hardly left his face, his constantly cheerful attitude. Or maybe it was something completely different? Baekhyun had no idea. All he knew was that he was glad he met and befriended the boy.

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun had inspiration to draw. This took him by surprise, he hasn't had this feeling once since he woke up from his coma.

 

At once he walked over to his desk and pulled out a piece of paper. He stared at it for a good five minute, what now? was the question repeating itself over and over again in his mind. He had no idea how to start.

 

How do you draw without being able to see colours?

 

Good question. How? Baekhyun could hardly take out his coloured pencil and use them. Same thing with his paints. He'd have no idea which colour he was using, or how the finished project would look like to anyone other than himself.

 

He stared at the blank paper for another 10 minutes or so before he thought of something.

 

Pencils.

 

He could use pencils. They were originally grey, so it wouldn't be possible for him to mix up different colours. Also, to others the finished piece of art would look just like it looks like to him.

 

Perfect, he thought with a smile and started sketching.

 

~ ~ ~

 

It's been a week. A week since Baekhyun started school. A weeks since he met Chanyeol. A week since he started drawing again.

 

It's amazing how much can change in such a short amount of time. Ever since Baekhyun has started to draw again he felt happier, lighter even. He'd vent out all of his emotions in his sketches, and after that he feels a lot better. They were only sketches, nothing compared to his paintings before the accident, yet they helped him forget. Forget about the past, about how unfair life is.

 

When he was with Chanyeol things were different as well. They hang out everyday at lunch now, and those are usually some of the best moments of Baekhyun's day. It's as if Chanyeol's happiness is contagious or something, like a virus. He can't help but smile when he's around Chanyeol. He almost forgets about his problems. Almost.

 

~ ~ ~

 

That night Baekhyun dreams. Nightmare would actually be a much better name for it.

 

*dream/flashback*

 

Baekhyun is walking down the street towards the bus stop. He finally got the chance to go outside after finishing a painting. It was probably one of his best ones yet.

 

There was this event happening next week, where people are able to show the public their art. If they get lucky, someone might even want to buy it. Baekhyun has been busy preparing for it the past couple weeks. He was excited about being able to show off his art. He couldn't wait for people to finally be able to see the real him.

 

He's told his friends that he likes art before. All they did was laugh at him, thinking it was a joke or something. After that he heard them talking about it behind his back, debating whether or not he was gay or something. Because what straight guy enjoys painting animals, flowers and other things like that?

 

He wasn't insulted about it, since he really didn't care if the person he'd eventually fall in love with was a guy or a girl, though he didn't consider himself gay, just open-minded. He was disappointed by his friends' actions instead. He thought they would understand, yet he thought wrong. After that he kept his art a secret and didn't tell anyone about it anymore.

 

Tomorrow was his birthday, Baekhyun realized with a smile, it's gonna be great.

 

Yes, great it was. Most of his relatives and friends came to celebrate his sweet sixteen. However great it was though, Baekhyun was happy when it was over. He enjoyed parties and such, but after a while it simply got too much and all he wanted to do was lock himself in his room and listen to music or do something else that was relaxing.

 

A couple days after his birthday the day of the art event finally arrived.

 

Wow, this week has been full of good things. First my birthday, now this, Baekhyun thought with a grin as he walked towards the place where he usually stopped to wait for a taxi he could take.

 

As he waited for a taxi, he hummed a tune getting lost in his thoughts, thinking about how the day is gonna turn out.

 

Just then, Baekhyun got pushed by a couple people that were arguing with each other. He stumbled forwards, falling onto his hands and knees. Stupid people, can't they look where they're going? He thought bitterly as he pushed himself up and dusted off his hands, then let out a groan when he saw that they were cut and bleeding slightly.

 

“Yah, you there! Are you stupid or something? Get off the damn road!”

 

Baekhyun looked back at the person that was yelling. He was confused, were they yelling at him or someone else?

 

Then he heard a scream coming from his right, he quickly looked over to see what was happening. A little too late.

 

The last thing he remembers was seeing a bright flash of colours, hearing a deafening bang, and the pain.

 

After that, everything went black.

 

*end of dream/flashback*

 

Baekhyun woke up with a start. He was panting and a cold sweat covered him from head to toe. So that's how it happened... that's what caused me to be in a coma, he thought as tears started to flow down his cheeks. And I didn't even make it to that event.

 

Life's not fair.

 

~ ~ ~

 

The next day at school Baekhyun arrives late. He wasn't able to fall asleep again after his dream, or rather his nightmare.

 

During lunch Chanyeol notices there was something wrong, “Hey, Baek, are you alright?” He asked, concern filling his voice.

 

“I'm fine, just tired.” Baekhyun said as he rubbed his eye and stifled a yawn.

 

“Didn't sleep well last night?”

 

“No, I had a nightmare.” Baekhyun simply stated.

 

“Do you want to talk about it?” Chanyeol asked carefully. He was curious as to what was bothering the other, yet he wasn't gonna force him to talk.

 

Baekhyun let out a sigh, “I don't know.” he put his face in his hands.

 

“I can listen. And I won't tell anyone if that's what you're worried about.” Chanyeol told him. “Sometimes telling someone about your problems makes it easier to deal with them, or maybe even forget about them altogether.”

 

He let out another sigh, “I know. I'm not sure if I'm ready to talk about it yet though. I'm just too tired.”

 

Chanyeol let out a grin, “I have a great idea then.”

 

Baekhyun looked at him curiously, “What?”

 

“You'll see.” was all Chanyeol said and stood up, dragging Baekhyun up with him and kept the hold on his hand, pulling him along to some unknown place.

 

 

“This is where you brought me to? A park?” Baekhyun questioned the taller boy and gave him a judgemental look.

 

Chanyeol simply nodded with a smile on his face, “Yeah, I did. I just thought you'd like a nice quiet place where you could relax or something.”

 

“You do realize we're skipping class right now, right?”

 

“I know.” Chanyeol said with a shrug. “What's the big deal? Skipping once isn't that bad, as long as it doesn't become a habit.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled, “True.”

 

Chanyeol sat down on a bench that was surrounded by trees, pulling Baekhyun down with him since he was still holding his hand. “Now you can take a nap.”

 

“What?”

 

“Sleep.” Chanyeol commanded. “You're barely keeping yourself awake at the moment, you need to rest.”

 

Baekhyun just sat beside Chanyeol, unsure of what he expected him to do.

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh and shook his head, “You're so clueless.” he said teasingly.

 

“Yah, I'm no- what are you doing?!” Baekhyun gasped, as Chanyeol picked him up and placed him so that he was lying down on the bench, his head in Chanyeol's lap.

 

“Making you comfortable so you can sleep.” He told Baekhyun with a smile. “Now sleep.”

 

Baekhyun blushed but didn't say anything else. He simply fidgeted a little so that he'd be more comfortable and closed his eyes. He was asleep within barely a minute, proving just how tired he really was.

 

Chanyeol smiled as he gently Baekhyun's hair.

 

 

Baekhyun woke up with a yawn and then sat up in a panic when he noticed he didn't wake up in his bedroom.

 

“Calm down Baek, nothing's gonna happen.”

 

Baekhyun turned to look back and saw Chanyeol. He instantly calmed down, and then blushed remembering what happened.

 

Chanyeol smirked, “Did you sleep well?”

 

Baekhyun nodded, feeling quite shy all of a sudden.

 

“Good.”

 

~ ~ ~

 

A couple weeks have passed since the 'incident' with Chanyeol. At first Baekhyun felt a little awkward, but the two got back to normal rather quickly.

 

Even though they've only known each other for a short period of time, it feels as if they've been best friends forever. They understood each other well, and Chanyeol didn't force Baekhyun to tell him anything he wasn't comfortable with, which he appreciated a lot.

 

They got to know each other better and even hung out after school often now as well. Sometimes Baekhyun got the feeling Chanyeol was being a little too friendly with his touches. They were nothing but innocent touches such as them holding hands for a little bit, Chanyeol putting his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders or a quick hug.

 

Friend's do that, right?

 

Baekhyun wasn't so sure. Ever since the 'incident', as he likes to call it, he's been feeling weird. He blushes more and his heart races at times when he's around Chanyeol. He just doesn't want to admit what he's known for a while now.

 

He likes Chanyeol. A lot.

 

At the moment they were going to the park together. They came here quite often now, especially since the weather has gotten warmer.

 

They sat down on their usual bench and Chanyeol let out a content sigh, “It's so nice out today. Thank god it's Saturday, otherwise we'd be stuck in school on such a great day.”

 

Baekhyun agreed, “That would really .”

 

“Hmm” Chanyeol hummed as he glanced around at the area surrounding them. There were plenty of trees, and a couple flowers here and there. “Hey, look. Isn't that flower really pretty?” He asked, pointing at a delicate looking flower a couple feet away from where they were sitting.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Yeah, it looks really pretty.” He said as he looked at it with a sad feeling starting to form in his heart. All he saw was another shade of grey. Oh how he missed seeing colours.

 

“It's such a beautiful colour, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Have you, Baek?” Chanyeol asked and looked over at Baekhyun to see what his reply will be.

 

He wasn't expecting to find Baekhyun with tears slowly rolling down his face.

 

“Hey, Baek, are you alright?” Chanyeol asked worried. He wasn't sure why he suddenly started crying, maybe he said something wrong?

 

Baekhyun wiped his eyes and tried to stop the tears, “I-I'm sorry. I don't know w-what came over me. I just-” He couldn't help it, he let out a chocked sob and covered his mouth with his hand.

 

Chanyeol opened his mouth to say something but then decided against it and simply pulled Baekhyun close to him, hugging him tightly. “It'll be alright.” He told him in a quiet voice as he gently his back.

 

Baekhyun's shoulders shook with sobs. He was glad to have Chanyeol here by his side, yet embarrassed at the same time. Why did his emotions have to make the best of him at exactly this moment?

 

The pair stayed like this for a good ten minutes while Baekhyun slowly calmed down. Chanyeol was insanely curious, yet he didn't say anything in fear of making the boy cry again.

 

As Baekhyun's tears finally stopped flowing and he calmed down enough to breath properly he pulled away, “I'm sorry.”

 

“Don't be sorry. It's alright. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I'm sure it'll be fine.” Chanyeol told him with an encouraging smile on his face.

 

Baekhyun just looked at him with his sad eyes, “Just how do you do it? How do you stay so positive all the time? I don't get it...”

 

“I'm not sure.” Chanyeol shrugged, “I guess I just learned how to look at the bright side of things. You should try it as well sometimes.” He teasingly poked Baekhyun's cheek lightly.

 

This made Baekhyun smile, even if it was a little smile. “Thank you.”

 

“What for?”

 

“Just... thank you.” was all Baekhyun answered and looked down, blushing slightly.

 

“Alright. Well, I have something I need to ask you.” Chanyeol said.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Did you crying just now have anything to do with that dream you had a while ago?”

 

Baekhyun froze. How was he supposed to answer this? And just how did Chanyeol put those two things together so quickly?

 

When Chanyeol realized Baekhyun wasn't going to answer he said, “Everyone has their secrets you know. Though I think sometimes it helps to tell someone about them.”

 

“That could be true...” Baekhyun reluctantly agreed. “Wait, are you saying you have a secret as well?”

 

Chanyeol smirked, “Of course. Didn't I just say everyone had one?”

 

“I- uh, well, ya you did.” Baekhyun said feeling embarrassed.

 

Chanyeol laughed, “How about a deal then?”

 

“A deal? What kind of deal?” Baekhyun asked, curious.

 

“If I tell you my secret, you tell me yours.”

 

Baekhyun hesitated for a moment. Would he be able to tell him? After thinking about this for a moment, he decided. “Alright. Deal.” He thought that if Chanyeol trusted him enough to tell him about his secret, he could trust him that much as well.

 

Chanyeol looked a bit surprised when Baekhyun agreed since he didn't think he would, but it made him happy that he did. “Okay, well then I'll start, I guess.” He said, feeling a little hesitant now.

 

Baekhyun offered him a shy smile, “Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.”

 

Chanyeol smiled back at him, “Well, I lost my parents as a child, and I've lived with a couple foster families at this point.”

 

Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock, he really didn't expect that, though he thought it'd be better not to interrupt him.

 

“Some of them were nice, others weren't. There was one that I remember very clearly. She's the reason why I'm the way I am today, why I always try to be positive. Though to be honest, it's hard sometimes. Very hard. She was a wonderful old woman, she passed away due to cancer. She was happy until the end though, always saw the bright side of things. I didn't understand how she could do that at the time, but now I do. You simply have to accept the fact that life's not fair.” Chanyeol ended his story with a sigh and looked over at Baekhyun.

 

“I.. I'm sorry.” Baekhyun told him, “That's really sad.. I just, I don't know what to say...”

 

Chanyeol smiled, thinking he looked cute when he's unsure like that, “Don't worry about it. I've actually never told anyone about this, it feels nice. Now, your turn.”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath, trying to prepare himself for what he was about to say, “I can't see colours.”

 

“What?!” Chanyeol asked in a shocked voice, “How do you not see colours?”

 

“Shh, I didn't interrupt you, so don't interrupt me either.” Baekhyun told him and placed a finger over Chanyeol's lips for a second. He then continued with his story, “As I was saying, I can't see colours. I see the world in black and white. It's sad, really. Especially for an artist. I used to- actually, no, I still love art. It's a really big part of my life and now it's practically gone.

 

“A little over a year ago I got into an accident. I was in a coma for over a year. I woke up a while ago, as you can clearly see, since I'm sitting right beside you at the moment. There was a side effect though: now all I see is different shades of grey, black and white.” Baekhyun ended in a shaky voice. There were once again tears in his eyes threatening to spill over and he took a couple deep breaths trying to calm down.

 

Chanyeol didn't say anything at first, just pulled him back into a hug, “I'm sorry.” He told him sincerely, “Now I get why you started crying earlier, I'm sorry. If I had known I wouldn't have said anything about that flower.”

 

“It's alright.” Baekhyun told him as he hugged him back and buried his face in his chest, “It's not your fault.”

 

“I still feel bad thought.” Chanyeol said and pulled back with a pout.

 

Baekhyun laughed, he was just too cute for his own good. “I already told you it was alright though.”

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh, yet smiled anyways, “I know.” He said, “Could I do something to make things better though?”

 

“What?” Baekhyun asked, curious as to what Chanyeol was thinking about.

 

Chanyeol slowly leaned closer towards Baekhyun and continued to smile that beautiful smile of his, “This.” he said in a low voice and leaned in even closer, until he was gently pressing his lips against Baekhyun's.

 

Baekhyun was surprised, though he gladly responded to the kiss and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's neck. He's been dreaming of this to happen for quite a while now.

 

Chanyeol had one arm around Baekhyun's waist and the other was at the side of his face as he kissed him sweetly. It was a kiss filled with love and passion.

 

Slowly Chanyeol pulled away and looked into Baekhyun's eyes.

 

Finally, Baekhyun realized what that thing was that was bugging him about Chanyeol the first time he met him. It was the hidden sadness behind those smiles, those eyes. It was the past that he experienced, making the two of them alike in the way that they both experienced terrible things that changed their lives forever.

 

“Thank you.” Baekhyun said in a whisper.

 

“For what?”

 

“Just for being there for me. Also, you've finally helped me realize that life's a and you can't do anything about it. Thank you.” Baekhyun told him sincerely and leaned in for another kiss.  

 

- - - - - - - - - - 

a/n: So, here is it. Hopefully it's not too bad.

I've been a silent reader for quite a while now.. and then this idea popped into my head the other day and I just had to write it. I think I'll finally stop being a silent reader now and actually comment on things and stuff xD

Anyways, I hope you like it^^

Disclaimer: I have no idea if it's possible to lose your ability to see colours, the idea just kinda popped into my head one day so I decided to write about it. Also, I have no idea what doctors actually do when a someone wakes up from a coma, once again, I kinda just made the thing with the tests and stuff up since I was too lazy to research haha.

p.s: The thing with calling the doctor was a complete accident. I didn't even realize that line had something to do with Exo's comeback until I was editing the story lol.