First Day of School

Pure blood Royalties

Krystal's POV


                                                                                    Chapter 1: First Day of School

 

My name is Krystal Jung and I’m going to be a sophomore this year. After I dressed up for school, I look at myself in the mirror – My eyes are green, reddish hair, pink lips, slim body, average height and fair complexion.

   

I heard the door open and my mom stuck her head inside and asked “Are you ready?”

I nod.

“Well, hurry up! You’re going to be late.” She said.

I picked up my bag and went downstairs to eat breakfast. My dad is eating while reading the newspaper and my mom is cooking her own breakfast. We came back in Korea last month, so our house is a little messy.

“Are you finished?” Dad asked.

“Uh-huh.” I replied.

“Let’s go.” He said.

“Bye mom.” I kissed her cheeks.

“Love you.” She said.

“I love you too.”

When I finally got to school – the corridors is filled with banners and stuff. There’s an orientation today, so all of the students are filling the gymnasium. I sat down next to a guy – he has strong jaws and curvy lips.

The president of the student council started talking and I wasn’t really listening to her. I brought my book out of my bag and just started reading it.

At the corner of my eyes, I can see that the guy sitting next to me is reading the book; I put the book on my lap so that he can see it clearly. He smiled at me.

The orientation finally ended, I was thinking whether or not I’m going to give him the book because I was just re-reading it. We both stood up from our chairs and I handed him the book.

“You’re giving it to me?” He asked in shocked.

“No.” I replied sarcastically.  He gave it back to me and I said, “I was being sarcastic. I was just re-reading the book.”

“Thank you.” He said. “What’s your name?”

“Krystal. I better go to class.” I told him.

“Chen.”

“I should be the one to say thank you.” I said. “You saved me last week when I was walking down the streets.”

“Oh, now I remember.” He said. “That’s why you look so familiar.”

“Thank you.” I said and walked away from him.

 Eyes are watching me like a bunch of owls. As I entered the classroom, the teacher introduced me and I sat at the back seat. I focused my attention to the teacher, hours passed and the class ended.

When the class is over, I told my dad that I’ll just go home by myself and he agreed. Even though, I lived in the city, the forest is not far away from here so I decided to go there. It’s really magical here, you can hear all the sounds lurking, the sky is dark and the stars is twinkling. I started to draw my surroundings when I suddenly heard a loud music not far from here. I followed the sound and then I saw people drinking blood from the neck.

They’re not people; they’re vampires. I wanted to save those human, but I know that I’m no match. Before anyone noticed me, I ran fast as much as I can. What should I do? I dialed the police, but before I could even respond to the police – a guy took my phone away and then crashed it by his hand.

“Well, hello there.” Guy 1 said.  

“Hi.” I said coldly.

“You’re pretty.” A guy suddenly appeared out of nowhere with another guy. He has a really deep voice. “You smell good too.”

“Thank you.” I said. “Now, if you’ll excuse I’m going home.”

“You think that we’ll let you off so easily.” Guy 3 asked.

I shook my head no.

“We should give her a chance.” Guy 1 said. “If you can get away from us, we’ll let you go.”

“If not,” Guy 2 paused. “Let’s just say that you’re no longer alive.”

“Now run.” Guy 3 demanded.

My body is tensed and I couldn’t move. No matter how hard I run, I know that they’re faster than me, but I still ran. I just hope that the theories are true that vampires can be killed by a stake through the heart.

“Why did you stop running?” Guy 1 asked. He stepped closer and touched my face.

“I can never outrun you.” I stabbed him in the eye with a pencil and slit his throat with a swiss army knife.  I broke a small stick in half and stabbed it through his heart. When I turned around I saw the 2 guys with Chen.

“Why are you here?” I asked Chen.

“I was about to ask the same thing.”

“Your eyes, you’re a vampire.”

“What did you do?”

“You killed my brother!” Guy 2 cried out.

“Calm down.” Chen said.

“She killed my brother.” Guy 2 said in distaste. “How can I calm down?”

Chen is suddenly beside me. “Chanyeol, I’m sorry.” Chen said.

“Give her to me. I’m going to kill her.” Guy 2 angrily said.

“But she’s mine.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Mine.” And then Chen bit my neck.

I screamed in pain.

I can feel that everything inside me is changing and I wanted it to sop because it hurt so much. It was so painful that I fainted.  All the memories came rushing through my thoughts, I can hear everything. I opened my eyes and I was in a tub with full of water.

This isn’t my house – it’s old yet clean and elegant. I got up from the tub and went to the mirror. My hair is reddish pink now and longer, my eyes are brown,  paler skin, red lips and rosy cheeks.

Am I one of them now? My vision is ten thousand times clearer now. The only thing that didn’t change is my height and my body. I’m dead now. I have no pulse. Chen suddenly walked in the bathroom and he startled me.

I screamed in shock because he saw me .

“Shut up!” He shouted at me.

“What did you do to me?” I asked.

“I didn’t do anything ually to you.” He said. “Not yet. Here, dress up.” He threw me some clothes and then closed the door. He gave me a modern Victorian dress which is really my type, but I prefer wearing jeans. I dressed up and braided my hair.

He’s sitting on the chair – reading the book that I gave him.

“You turned me into a freaking vampire.” I said loudly.

“You should be thankful.”

“Why should I be thankful to you?”

“Firstly, I saved you the second time now.” He said. “Secondly, you’re turned by a pure blood. And thirdly, you’re mine.”

I stared at him blankly.

“Chanyeol could have killed you but he didn’t.”

“I killed someone.”

“Yes my dear but fear not because you’re under my protection.”

“How can I trust you?”

“I never said that you can trust me.”

"Your eyes. It's back from normal." Changing the subject.

"Whenever you drink human blood, your eyes will turn red or brown but they'll turn back to natural color." He said. "You're a new born. Your eyes will stay like that for 1 year."

"I can't believe this."

"Come. We should hunt for supper."

"NO! I don't want to drink human blood."

"You'll die!"