Comfort

Comfort

I’m tired!”

“I am too! But unlike you I’m willing to hide it!”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“You know very well what I mean!”

A door slamming and a car leaving were the sounds Taeyeon heard soon after she heard the last sentence. Her parents were a lovable bunch of people, but there are times where both just can’t take things. And for Taeyeon, those times are what she had to endure. Her father, whenever angry would always take it out on her two siblings or her or sometimes even their mother. Her mother on the other hand rarely showed any negative signs and would always carry a happy-yet sometimes exhausted- smile. Of course not everyone can endure stressful things, her mother worked at a call center and the position is quite high, often would her mother go to work and come home very late.

Taeyeon understands wholeheartedly of course, but since her father is rarely home due to his work, this leads to her being raised a little differently from how she would be raised if her father was around. So to say, her along with her two siblings were technically raised by their mother. Taeyeon’s parents would fight from time to time whenever Taeyeon’s father is home, but that doesn’t mean she’s used to it happening. It would usually lead her to crying to herself quietly while hearing them argue so much to the point that they end up physically hurting each other, just like now.

Sitting on her bed, while staring into nothing as tears flowed freely down her cheeks to her chin and finally landing on her soft comforter. She failed to notice her phone beeping on her nightstand beside her; after a good 5 minutes of constant beeping from the phone, it finally stopped. Taeyeon’s attention shifted from nothing to the knocking on her room’s window, standing up, she wandered over not bothering to wipe her tears away as she knows that she would shed more when the person outside got in. And shed more she did, as soon as the window opened, there entered Tiffany engulfing Taeyeon in a comforting embrace, while the latter shook and trembled from crying.

Closing the window using one hand, while hugging the crying girl with the other, Tiffany led them to Taeyeon’s bed to sit. She shifted in a way that Taeyeon would be sitting on her lap, as she cradled the baby-faced beauty. Taeyeon buried her face on the crook of Tiffany’s neck and let out more tears as the latter whispered comforting words to her. “It’s ok Tae. It’s going to be ok. Just let it all out,” She felt Tiffany her hair while rocking back and forth a bit.

After 30 minutes of crying and constant assurance, Taeyeon finally calmed down. The two lied down on Taeyeon’s bed on their side, facing each other. Tiffany was studying Taeyeon’s face that she failed to notice the latter asking her something, “huh? What was that?” “I asked how you knew that my parents fought, that I was crying and why’d you come over.” They were whispering to each other as both knew, that nobody but Taeyeon, knew that Tiffany was here. “I saw your dad getting out of your house and driving away in his car.” Tiffany stated as a matter-of-fact, “so? Appa gets out of the house and drives his car all the time” Taeyeon retorted, wanting to push the eye-smiling girl to say the words she wanted to hear. She heard Tiffany scoffed for a bit before answering, “All the time sure, but at like 1 in the middle of the night? Even your mom doesn’t stay out that late at work” Taeyeon smiled a bit, she knew that it would take only a little bit more to get Tiffany to say it. “Like you’re any better. You practically snuck out and went to your neighbor’s house.” Taeyeon saw Tiffany thinking of other ways to reason out with her, when she found none, Tiffany resorted to giving Taeyeon an eye-smile while saying “Because you told me that every time your parents fought, you would always cry by yourself in your room and lock yourself in there until the day ended” “And?” “And what? I already answered you question” says Tiffany while looking at the necklace Taeyeon was wearing, her heart fluttered when she realized that girl kept her promise of always wearing the necklace, except when she was taking a shower. She reached out for it before Taeyeon decided to just tell her directly, “Just admit it, you got worried” She said with a smirk on her face, Tiffany took this chance to a bit, “What makes you think I got worried? I could just be sneaking out of the house, went next door, climbed a tree, and coincidentally knocked on your window while you were crying” Tiffany nonchalantly told her while fiddling with the key pendant on Taeyeon’s necklace. She watched as Taeyeon’s expression changed from smug to being taken aback to completely sulky. Pouting, Taeyeon was about to say something when a pair of lips placed themselves on hers.

Tiffany smiled through the kiss as she felt Taeyeon responding and wrapping her arms around Tiffany’s waist. Tiffany in return, placed her hands that were on Taeyeon’s pendant, on Taeyeon’s neck. The kiss was soft and slow, but you can clearly see the passion written in that one kiss. That kiss was enough to convey the messages and feelings both girls felt for one another, it didn’t need to be a sloppy kiss with tongues involved. Just the feel of their lips on the other is enough for them, it’s enough to give them those same fireworks you feel whenever the person you love kisses you every time, no matter how many times you’ve kissed. Unfortunately, there’s thing we call air that we need in order to breath.

Tiffany, the person who initiated the kiss, reluctantly pulled away and slowly, both opened their eyes to see the person in front of them blushing. “Don’t even think that I wouldn’t get worried about you” Tiffany paused before adding, “Whether I’d know you’d be crying or not, I’m always worried when you’re not around me. Just as you are for me.” She finished talking with a proud smile on her lips. This time it was Taeyeon’s turn to tease. Smiling, Taeyeon said “’Just as you are for me’ are you sure that I’m worried for you?” “Would you like to be reminded of what happened during Sooyoung’s birthday?” Tiffany as daringly, she watched Taeyeon’s face turn paler than the usual and she knows she’s won.

Placing a chaste kiss on her flustered girlfriend’s lips, she got up and approached the window. Opening it enough for her to get out, but before she could place a foot on the window frame, her right arm was pulled back enough for her turn around and get a kiss from her shorty girlfriend. The kiss lasted for five seconds, enough for the both to be satisfied yet still craving. “Be careful going down please.” It was more of an order than a question from Taeyeon for Tiffany, nonetheless she paid attention to where she’s placing her feet. With one last look behind, both girls smiled to each other for goodbye and goodnight, before Tiffany had to return to her house and Taeyeon had to get some sleep.

Everyone experiences problems once in a while, but that doesn’t mean that they’re already seeking for help. Sometimes you just need someone to lean on and whisper sweet words to your ear as you cry. And for Taeyeon, having Tiffany to be that someone is already gift.