1

Even If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Would you like to add anything else?" The cashier asked as she scanned my item, a little stufff toy.

I shook my head, "No, that would be enough." I replied, making sure that my voice was loud enough. I wasn't feeling my best at the moment thus the effort. I was strangely sleepy and confused. I didn't even know what was my purpose of buying the toy when I was never fond of them. 

I had half of a mind to just abandon the thing and leave but that wouldn't be very polite, would it? I looked over to the corner and something caught my eye. Strange. There seems to be twice as much the people in the mall today. Must be the summer heat that made them flock to the airconditioned plac. 

I sighed. Why is the cashier taking so long? I just want to go home and get some rest. Most importantly, why does everything seem out of focus? I feel like I'm in one of those fish lens effect, where the person in front of you is super HD while the rest are sort of blurry.

Ugh. This is what happens when you barely get 8 hours of sleep each day. After paying for my purchase, I went out of the store and was just about to leave when I remembered something, or to be more precise, someone. 

I silently cursed myself for forgetting. I took out my phone to check the time. I didn't have much left. 

I swiftly turned around, forcing myself to take longer and wider steps. I was a hair away from running but my shy persona can't comprehend the though of capturing everyone's attention like that. 

The effort and anxiety made my heart thump twice as fast. I had to remind myself to breathe, a supposedly concious action.

I bit my lip worriedly. If I don't make it in time--- I don't even want to think about it. I gripped my phone tightly, resisting the ur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter