Surprise.

World of The Mafia. [Hiatus]

“Luhan, can you please wash the dishes?” Luhan's boss asked and smiled. Luhan nodded his head in response. Luhan immediately washed the dishes while humming on a cheerful summer song. He was so happy with his life, he couldn't ask for more. Every day was a wonderful and peaceful day, his family was poor but that didn't stop him from enjoying his life. He had a family who loved him, loyal friends and his small town in the middle of no where liked him and treasured him. Luhan loved to wake up every morning with the sun slashing his vision apart, he loved seeing his family smiling on him as they talked and ate, he loved being outside. 

 

“I love my life,” Luhan said with a big grin on his face as he walked out of the kitchen. 

 

“Looks like it's time to send you home, here's the money for your hard work. Also, don't forget to bring these apples home. You're such a good son, if only my son was like you,” Luhan's boss mumbled and sent a glare at Jongin who was the son of Luhan's boss. Jongin was lying on a sofa with magazines surrounding him, he yawned and looked utterly bored. He was quite the useless son compared to Luhan and Jongin was known to be very rough and tough.

 

“Don't say that, Jongin is a nice guy.” Luhan smiled at Jongin who looked away with his red ears. Luhan chuckled as he noticed Jongin's red ears. Luhan took farewell and headed home, the sky was pitch black with shining stars that immediately would catch anyone's attention. Luhan lived in a small small town where everyone mostly worked with farming or managed their own shops. It wasn't really a town that had a lot with technology to do and Luhan never complained about that. 

 

Luhan watched his shadow following his back as he walked the path home. He ate one of the apples he had received from his boss just some minutes ago with a satisfied smile. 

 

Luhan took another bite, “My boss' apples are so tasty, maybe he can donate an apple tree for me.” 

 

He suddenly heard some footsteps following him and Luhan quickly stopped walking, he heard the footsteps stop just some seconds after he stopped, “Come forward. Is it you Jongin?”. 

 

“Sharp as ever,” Jongin mumbled and walked forward with his arms up in the air. Jongin accompanied Luhan and they had a pretty nice conversation. Jongin was Luhan's best friend and they constantly hung out with each other, Luhan would probably be the only one who could control Jongin's anger and outburst while Jongin would be the only one who'd be able to make Luhan angry. The two of them were a perfect match made in heaven and they were even called the yin and yang duo. 

 

Luhan stopped walking, an expensive black car was parked right next to his house and Luhan got a really bad feeling about this. He immediately ran inside of his house in panic, he stared at the ten men in black with a puzzled look on his face. Jongin immediately stood in front of Luhan to protect him from any possible danger. Luhan desperately searched for his mother, sister and his two little brothers with his eyes. 

 

“Where's my family?!” Luhan shouted at the men in black, one of them suddenly pulled out a gun to silence Luhan who immediately shut his mouth at the sight of the gun. 

 

“L-Let me in,” Luhan said in a weak voice. The men in black immediately fired their guns right in front of Luhan's feet. 

 

A man with a scar over his face said, “Shut the hell up kid.” 

 

Jongin almost exploded and wanted to punch the men so bad but Luhan stopped him. Luhan closed his eyes, he was almost on the verge of crying and Jongin immediately calmed Luhan down. Then a man appeared behind the men in black. 

 

“Why did you fire your guns?” The man behind them questioned and sighed, wondering what this ruckus came from. The man immediately inspected Luhan with a strange expression. He pulled out a photo to compare Luhan's face to. He instantly pushed away the guards and he shook Luhan's hand. 

 

“You're Luhan, right? I'm Chanyeol.”  Luhan looked strangely at the huge man shaking his hand. The men in black immediately choke on their saliva and went down on their knees. 

 

“We're sorry for firing the gun at you boss!” They shouted on top of their lungs and bowed their heads down. Luhan stared at the males. What the hell was going on? Jongin couldn't understand the situation as well. He slapped away Chanyeol's hand and shot a deadly glare at Chanyeol. 

 

“What is going on?” Jongin asked Chanyeol who responded, “I'll explain right away. Why don't you take a seat first.”

 

Jongin and Luhan sat down on the sofa, Chanyeol could already differentiate their personalities just by looking at their postures while sitting. He could definitely tell that Jongin was the hot-tempered guy and Luhan the timid and pure one. Chanyeol rubbed his chin, this would be a hassle. Would this Luhan really make a good boss? Chanyeol couldn't let that thought leave his mind, not matter how to tried to convince himself that Luhan was an excellent boss a part of him just couldn't agree to it. 

 

“Luhan is the son of our current boss called Taegun. Your mother married him when they were around the age twenty. They both loved each other and got a child which is you, Luhan. Due to some reasons your mother decided to escape from our boss. You're the biologic son of our boss and therefore you'll inherit the almighty mafia family and become the boss. Why you? Well, that's because you're the only son who shares the same blood with Taegun. Furthermore, Taegun has personally made a wish for you to become the boss of the Exo family. Your father has fallen ill and is expected to die in just some months,” Chanyeol explained and waited for a reaction from Luhan but got none or at least it wasn't the kind of expression Chanyeol expected to receive. 

 

“I think I'll have to refuse, find another person. I need to take care my family, where are they?” Luhan suddenly turned cold and distant, Chanyeol and Jongin both realized that. 

 

“Bring them forward,” Chanyeol said and snapped his fingers. A door opened up and in came Luhan's family and three guards who was holding his family as hostages. His mother was tied up and so was the rest of his family. He could see the fear in his sister's eyes and the tears streaming out from his two little brothers while his mother was glaring at Chanyeol and the men in black. His family members couldn't say a word since their mouths were wrapped around with duct tape. Luhan's face changed in a split second. 

 

“Let them go, you—” Luhan bit his underlip with a troubled expression on his face. 

 

“You will not refuse the position my dear boy. If you agree to become our boss, we will let your family go and we'll help them out by sending them money every month. Doesn't that sound good to you? If you disagree to this we'll immediately assassinate your family. Choose.” Chanyeol pulled out his gun and directed it towards Luhan's family with a smirk on his face. 

 

Luhan looked terrified at his family. His mother kept on shaking her head, Luhan knew that his mother was against this but what else could he do in this situation? He looked at his two brothers who cried their eyes out, Luhan felt sorry. His two brothers had to witness this awful scene from such a young age. He looked at his sister who kept on holding back her tears. 

 

“Choose you say, you know my answer. I'll become your boss,” Luhan replied with his eyes closed. He didn't want to see or hear his family screaming and shaking their heads. Chanyeol pulled back his gun and laughed. 

 

“I like your attitude, release them,” Chanyeol ordered his men who obeyed. Luhan's family rushed to Luhan's side and they hugged each other tightly. Luhan's heart was pained by all these emotions he felt, he'd do anything for his family. He regretted nothing. He patted his two brothers' head, pinched his sister's cheek and kissed his mother's forehead. Jongin who was silent during the whole conversation finally said something. 

 

“Wait here now, I will  follow Luhan.” Jongin put his feet on the table arrogantly, not afraid of the guns or the men. He shot another electrifying glare at Chanyeol. 

 

“That's for my boss to decide.” Chanyeol bowed his head at Luhan who gulped. There was no way in hell he'd drag Jongin into this big mess! Jongin was his best friend, he could never imagine dragging Jongin into the underworld. Luhan didn't understand what a mafia family would do nor did he understand how it worked but he knew for sure that it was a dangerous job.

 

“You're staying here Jongin!” Luhan said with a loud voice. 

 

“Nope, will not,” Jongin protested with an even louder voice. Luhan clenched his fists, clearly annoyed and angry. Why would Jongin not obey him?

 

“We're best friends Luhan, no way in hell I'll leave you with these disgusting men with black suits. Your family would probably be relieved if I were to be by your side.” Jongin looked at Luhan's mother. 

 

His mother nodded, “If you're going, take Jongin with you.” 

 

Luhan shook his head, what about Jongin's father? He'd be all alone. He couldn't just take Jongin away from his father. Luhan looked at his mother who pleaded Luhan to at least take Jongin with him. Luhan closed his eyes once again, he didn't want to get affected by what others wanted. What did Luhan want? Did he want Jongin with him or not? Luhan gave off a long and heavy sigh. Luhan finally gave in after thinking about it over and over again. Jongin smirked. Chanyeol offered his hand to Jongin who looked at the hand with a disgusted face. He spitted on Chanyeol's hand and looked away. One of Chanyeol's men reacted and pulled out his gun, he fired it at Jongin but missed. It hit the sofa in front of Jongin who didn't even budge or react. Chanyeol had taken a liking to Jongin's brave side and laughed it off. 

 

Luhan's two little brothers Erin and Merin ran toward the man who fired his gun at Jongin and hit the man. 

 

“Don't harm hyung!” They both shouted while crying. Chanyeol looked at them with an affectionate smile, the two of them really were cute but the man who got hit by the children didn't think the same. He kicked Erin who fell on the floor while pointing his gun at Merin. Luhan stared at the man who didn't know how to control his anger. 

 

“That was uncalled for,” Chanyeol said.

 

“What the hell have you done? You, get down on your knees,” Luhan ordered with a really angry face. The man snorted. No matter how much he thought about it he could simply not accept this Luhan as his boss so he was not afraid of disobeying Luhan or his so-called boss.

 

“Who do you think you are?” The man responded. Chanyeol facepalmed hard and rolled his eyes, “He's the boss.” 

 

“Get down on your stinky knees.” Luhan sent a glare, the man got surprised and landed on his knees. That aura was just like his boss'. The man stared down at the floor with a shocked expression. Luhan picked up Erin and Merin. He handed over the two crying brothers to his mother and immediately looked around in the room. He picked up something that Jongin was familiar with. 

 

“Behold the dangerous weapon of them all.” Luhan lifted up the stick. 

 

“Don't tell me that you're using that weapon,” Jongin said with fear. Luhan nodded, “Oh yes I am.” 

 

The man on his knees closed his eyes, he was actually trembling. Chanyeol didn't understand what they meant but kept on following every movement Luhan made. 

 

“Lift your head up,” Luhan said. The man did as he was told. Luhan pulled forward his stick and smacked the man's forehead weakly. The man was confused and looked around. 

 

“I-I'm alive!” The man jumped up with joy. Chanyeol looked at Luhan with a surprised face, he was speechless. What just happened? Did he really witness a mafia boss of the almighty Exo family smack someone's forehead with a plain stick which gave no damage to the one who received the smacks. Chanyeol's chin was dropping low and he questioned the situation. In normal situations, the boss would often use a gun or anything to physically harm them which would lead to mental issues and fright. But ... then there's Luhan. Chanyeol blew up his cheeks, holding in his laughter. 

 

“You're so interesting! Hahaha!” Chanyeol held his stomach and laughed. The mood suddenly became brighter and less dull, because Luhan managed  to make everyone smile in an instant without putting some effort. No matter how angry Luhan was, he could never bring himself to actually punish someone for real. 

 

“You better not do anything like that ever again,” Luhan warned the man. 

 

“You've got that!” The man shouted and quickly retreated. 

 

“Can't believe you used your mom's ultimate weapon that was used to discipline you when you were younger,” Jongin said and kept on laughing while wiping off his tears. 

 

“W-What ... ” Luhan pouted and looked around with a confused face. Even his mother laughed her off and for a moment, they all seemed to connect with each other and no one feared one and another. Chanyeol smiled. He liked his boss already, he knew what Luhan had. Luhan had this ability to befriend with anyone, he could easily make a serious situation into a humorous and less scary situation. Luhan was some fresh air for the mafia world, it was time to bring in some changes. A mafia boss didn't need to be scary all the time and Chanyeol looked forward to see Luhan in action. 

 

“Let's go to your mansion shall we?” Chanyeol said after laughing a lot. 

 

AiOKYVI.jpg

 

“This is your mansion you'll be living in from today on,” Chanyeol said proudly as he introduced the beautiful mansion in front of Luhan and Jongin. The three of them entered the mansion, Luhan timidly hid behind Jongin as they entered the big mansion. The walls were white, a big crystal-lamp hung on the roof, they stood on a red carpet and the rooms were decorated with luxury items. Luhan gulped as they walked in to an elevator. 

 

“Woah, you even have an elevator.” Jongin was obviously very excited and amused by everything while Luhan became scared of the big spaces and expensive things surrounding him every where he went. Luhan looked around in the elevator, gold, gold and silver. He nervously stood between Jongin and Chanyeol who were calm as . Only Luhan was nervous, only Luhan was trembling, only Luhan felt like peeing. 

 

The elevator opened up again and they were on the fifth floor, the highest floor. Chanyeol guided the two to a huge room. In the end of the room was a desk located. Next to the desk was a coffee-machine placed. Other than that, nothing. Jongin frowned. 

 

“Don't tell me that this is where Luhan will sit and rot,” Jongin said, kind of angry. 

 

“Our ex-boss rotted here so why can't Luhan?” Chanyeol coldly responded all of a sudden. Jongin snorted, “Because Luhan's special.”

 

Luhan pulled Jongin's shirt and told him to stop being so angry and mad all the time. Jongin exhaled looked away with an angry expression. 

 

“We're going to host a party for you boss, make sure that you'll be wearing the suit we have bought for you,” Chanyeol said. 

 

“S-So ... I have no idea on how this mafia world works like, will I get some lessons for that?” Luhan asked nervously. Chanyeol patted Luhan's head. 

 

“Yes, we'll teach you. There's actually not a lot to learn. You just need to know how to kill,” Chanyeol replied. Jongin frowned. 

 

“You will not make Luhan kill anyone or anything you damn bastard,” Jongin shouted and gritted his teeth. Luhan once again pulled back Jongin and told him to calm down. 

 

“D-Do I really have to kill ... ” Luhan mumbled lowly and looked down on his feet, he was scared. Chanyeol noticed. 

 

“Well, I'll be taking my leave now.” Chanyeol smoothly avoided Luhan's question and went out from the room. Luhan and Jongin stood there, dumbfounded. Jongin sighed as the two of them went to their own bedrooms. Luhan looked around in his bedroom, it was screaming expensive and expensive everywhere in the room. Luhan's eyes flew right out when he spotted a fountain in his room, a Jacuzzi, a big bed that would fit his whole entire family and a walk-in closet. Luhan sighed, he would never be able to adjust himself into this environment. 

 

He picked up the package that was on the bed, he opened it up and in front of him was a very stylish suit. He grabbed the suit and looked at himself in the mirror. 

 

“What's that long face,” Jongin said as he walked in to the room with his suit on. Luhan whistled as he saw Jongin in his suit. 

 

“Looking fabulous.” Luhan chuckled and looked at himself in the mirror once again. 

 

“You're not going to wear it?” Jongin wondered, he swung his arm around Luhan's neck. 

 

“I won't look good in it, besides my head is completely blank. I still don't understand my situation.” Luhan took a deep breath. 

 

“You think so? I think you'd look great in it,” Jongin said and ruffled Luhan's hair, Luhan got changed and inspected himself in the mirror once again. He dusted off some dust and ruffled his hair. Jongin smirked. 

 

“Told you, you look fantastic!” Jongin beamed and dunked Luhan's back. 

 

“I've come to pick you up, are you ready then?” Chanyeol grinned, Luhan nodded. 

 

“Let's go!”

 

AiOKYVI.jpg

A/N
Sorry for the long delay. But as you can see
this chapter was quite long. Next time it'll
probably be shorter, but please subscribe and
comment!