The Home

Dara, The Chambermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

photo credit to NANA! I love her arts.

This might be way, way late to post but,

This story got FEATURED on AFF!
 

WOW! I mean with lots of fanfics in this site, it is always nice when a daragon fanfic get featured. I feel proud as a daragon writer. For daragon writers out there, let's keep on writing!

THANK YOU, READERS, FOR MAKING THIS POSSIBLE.

 

 

 

It is slightly raining outside the car as Jiyong or G-dragon or master drives us 'home' wherever that place could be. Lightly raining outside but inside me feels like there's a storm raging on. I am angry. I am enraged. I am mad.

 

 

How could 'he?'

 

 

How could Jiyong do this to me!?

 

 

He knows how much hardwork (if you put it that way) I put in in building my career all these years even with mishaps and misfortunes along the way that I almost gave up but I am still trying to make it in the industry with pure hard work and dedication that I was able to land small jobs it might be an extra or extra extra.

 

 

Then just for him to 'blindly' lead me that it's about luck and not my effort that I am landing what you call my dream jobs lately. I am so foolish to think that those luckS were the fruit of my labor.

 

 

But no.

 

 

Those happened because of Jiyong's magic hands (re:connections).

 

 

What is he? The monkey that holds a magic pen from the film Wonderpark and can make all things possible? Specifically for a newbie like me??

 

 

Or he thinks of me as a charity and he is this megalomaniac human being who is so done having everything in the world in his hands that now his target is the poor Me. That his current goal is to make me a huge celebrity just like him after learning that I am still a struggling actress in the industry even after all the years that have passed. To make it worser, I am typecast with a maid role throughout my career. Stuck and typecast. 'Great combo.'

 

 

And this saint took pity of me and decided to play superstar maker now?

 

 

Pfft. Please.

 

 

I hate rich people. They can toy poor people's feelings. Poor person - me.

 

 

Inspiration my . After what he had done, he still has the gall to call me his 'inspiration' for coming back in the industry like he is some sort of Jesus Christ and I planned his resurrection. I think I got the comparison wrong. It's bad to use God's name in vain, you know.

 

 

But still! Jiyong, with that huge ego of his, is probably expecting me to jump in joy, kiss his feet, and sing 'koombayah' by the time I finally learn that nah it's not me but him who is making me a Star.

 

 

Yikes. That hurt--

 

 

"First, I'm sorry. Second, I don't think of you as my charity. Third, you are speaking your thoughts loudly, maid." Jiyong glances at me at the red light.

 

 

I gape at him. 'Fool, Dara.'

 

 

"I can hear you loud and clear. I am terribly sorry for making you feel like that." he sounds really...apologetic.

 

 

 

I didn't answer as I look outside the window instead. Making sure I shut my mouth this time and not blurting my thoughts out loud again.

 

 

My curses, punches, and slaps can wait later.

 

 

I didn't say anything either when he passed the road exit that's gonna be on the way to mine & Bommie's flat. Where is this jerk taking me? I was specific earlier to take me 'home'.

 

 

I am crossing my arms and hisses under my breath. Grr.

 

 

--

 

 

The car finally stops and Jiyong parks the car in the basement of... I can't really see what place or town we are in right now since it's already dark outside & still raining by the time we entered the building. But the feels of it tells me this is no ordinary building.

 

 

I open the car and steps outside. I scan the basement we are in as the lights automatically turns on. 'Smart Tech.'

 

 

Even the basement smells rich, I mean new. It smells new.

 

 

I read the elegantly carved sign on my left side.

 

 

WELCOME TO NINE ONE HANNAM

 

 

I dramatically drops on my knees. "Nine One H-Hannam?" I barely breath the words. I recognize the place now.

 

 

I look at Jiyong who has been staring at me already and following my every move.

 

 

I then look at him with accusing eyes. "Please don't tell me we are in Hannam-dong, and you own this luxurious penthouse that set a new highest pre-sales prices in the country?"

 

 

THE Luxurious Penthouse in Hannam-dong

 

 

Jiyong sends me a confusing look first before he chuckles.

 

 

"Maid, you just sounded like a real estate agent there." Amusement in his tone. "We are in Hannam-dong. And yes, I own this penthouse. Follow me." He says cooly as he guide my still-processing-this-information self to the elevator.

 

 

I'm sure it's one of the private elevator for every complex houses in this building.

 

 

Beejezus. Why is it still shocking and surprising to me that the 'lazy' Jiyong I know and call jobless monster weeks ago can actually own luxurious things like this.

 

 

It still baffles me. It is like every time I spend more time with him, I learn something new about his life (re: wealth) and how filthy rich he really is.

 

 

How many mansions does this guy have?

 

 

'Don't bother to find out, Dara.' My subconscious is back. 'He is so rich, he even kind of bought you too, remember? Duh.' And rolls her eyes.

 

 

Can I go back to shutting her down? She's still annoying.

 

 

Jiyong guides me inside the elevator and it amazes me how even the buttons looks expensive.

 

 

Jiyong chuckles again as he pushes one of the buttons. "Stop looking amazed every time we take a step, maid. You look silly."

 

 

I pout as I crosses my arms against my chest instead. Yeah, yeah, I should not show him even the tiniest bit that I am impressed 'really' impressed with this. We are still fighting, you know.

 

  Ding!

 

 

The elevator door opens and it sends us to maybe the most beautiful entrée privée I have ever seen in my life. It even beats the grand hotels for my past location shoots.

 

 

Whoah. It even has a high ceiling and elegant chandelier hanging on it. Makes me want to take a picture with it later. A selfie maybe.

 

 

I face Jiyong and clears my throat. 'Stop being so amazed, Dara.'

 

 

"Why did you take me here?" I ask him.

 

 

Jiyong looks at me for a while before he sighs and lead me further to the house.

 

 

I told myself not to be amazed anymore at the rest of the house. I can do that later. After our talk.

 

 

But jeez, this place is beautiful. The design of this place is no joke.The artisan probably spent gazillions of ideas and money to create this.

 

 

We sits down at this white Wakefield sofa displaying a distinctive style, with oversized rolled arms embellished with a double row of...are these diamonds? Oh my.

 

 

I won't ask how much is the couch. I might passed out learning the price. This must be more expensive than my life. Not to mention the rest of the furnitures in this room alone. Even my kidneys won't be enough to trade with any of these luxurious furnitures. No joke. That's how pricey they look.

 

 

"Welcome home." Jiyong utters slowly, suddenly, breaking my trance.

 

 

"H-huh?"

 

 

Jiyong didn't answer back. He is just watching me closely.

 

 

Did he just say 'home'? Am I hearing it right?

 

 

"What do you mean by t-that?" I find my voice again after a moment of silence between us.

 

 

Jiyong sighs again and gives me the kind of look that tells he already knows that I won't like whatever he is about to tell me.

 

 

"I bought this place for us."

 

 

The bomb.

 

 

I drop my heart, I mean bag.

 

 

"What!" Now I'm dizzy.

 

 

"One of the reasons why I was busy days before you left the mansion, meeting people and all, and I couldn't see you right away after you left even if I wanted to," his tone is asking for understanding. "was mainly because I was busy with the preparations for Bigbang's long awaited comeback." He pauses as he watches me closely. "My members deserves it after forcing the band for an indefinite hiatus." He sighs as he says the next statement carefully. "And also to plan the steps, reaching out to people I know, in preparing you to become the next big Star in the entertainment industry, maid." He stares at me. "It's been a long time coming but you deserve the big break, Dara." He ends as he picks up my bag on the floor and carefully put it on the glass side table.

 

 

I cannot find my voice after hearing that. I just look at him. Dumbfounded. Learning this from Bom is one thing but actually hearing Jiyong's confession about what he had done is another thing. It's just...it's just....I can't pick the right word.

 

 

"Watching the progress of your success as an actress and Bigbang making a comeback as well, I figured we will be both busy around the city. We needed a place to stay. So, I bought this place as a gift for you. Hoping we can call this our home for now until we get a bigger place."

 

 

Bigger? And he even smiles shyly saying at this. Not humbling.

 

 

Sweet.

 

 

But not.

 

 

If he expected me to be happy and jumping with glee when I finally found out he did these things 'out of his love or goodwill' for me then he is wrong. Even with gifting me with this million dollar mansion, I can't believe him!

 

 

I am not happy at all. In fact, I feel betrayed...again.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter