Seven - Avoidance

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You cannot avoid what you fear because what you fear is inside of you.” 
― Bryant McGill, Simple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life

 

“Hyun-ahh…” Yonghwa started then kissed Joohyun’s right arm lightly. “Let’s build a happy family from now on. I know that I didn’t propose you properly back then. But I want you always be my side. Let’s draw our future together, Hyun-ahh. Be with me forever…”

Joohyun was crying hard because of that.

“Ssshhhh….why are you always crying, Hyun-ahh?” Yonghwa wiped her tears again, but this time with his kisses.

He kisses her cheeks, her forehead, and her lips. Once. And it succeed make Joohyun stopped her cry.

She felt her heart was beating hard. But when Yonghwa leaned to kiss her properly this time, Joohyun closed her eyes.

It was a sweet kiss at first, but when Yonghwa nibbled her lower lip, their kiss became so passionate after a few seconds.

But when Yonghwa already laid her on the couch as he hovered over her, a sudden fact hit her sense.

…he doesn’t say that he loves me…

And without she realized it, she already pushed him. Yonghwa startled at first, before he suddenly chuckled shyly.

“I’m sorry, Hyun-ahh. I was just carried away.” Yonghwa said as he sat up.

Joohyun blushed and still could feel her heart beat so crazily.

“Let’s sleep, Joohyun-ahh. It’s already morning. You need to rest…” Yonghwa finally got up and held Joohyun’s hand so they walked to their bedroom together.

Andwae, I have to trust him. I promised to him already…

 

A few weeks after that, their relationship was getting better. Yonghwa was so sweet to him. He brought her flower every two days and always tried to come back home on time. When he needed to work overtime, he always told Joohyun first and asked her to not waiting for him.

Weekend was their dating time. Yonghwa really didn’t rush her. They started their relationship all over again, from the beginning again. They might be already married but what they do was more like a new couple who was getting to know each other. But Joohyun felt so grateful because of that. Their sudden marriage didn’t give them a time to experience the dating stage. And Joohyun really appreciated every seconds of their dating time, because day by day she felt that she admired him more. He was a perfect husband for her.

Their first quarrel really made them became so honest to each other. Yonghwa always told her all his feeling, he shared what had happened in his day to her. In returned, Joohyun did the same thing to him too. The dinner time was time for them to share their activities. But there something different from him, no it might be Joohyun who couldn’t see it with her old eyes again. She always felt her heart beat rapidly every time she was with Yonghwa. And Joohyun needed to admit that she finally fell in love with her husband.

Joohyun still could remember when they were still kids, 20 years ago. She and Yonghwa were never in a good term for each other. But Joohyun didn’t know the true reason behind it all at that time. She just knew that Kyuhyun Oppa loved Harabeoji so much, but Harabeoji acted so cold toward him and her. Harabeoji loved Yong Oppa more and Joohyun felt so envy to Yonghwa because of that. But Kyuhyun Oppa loved Yong Oppa so much. He loved him, but he more cared to Joohyun. That was why, Joohyun always saw Yong Oppa as her rival, and vice versa. They always acted so cold for each others. Kyuhyun needed to try hard to make Yonghwa could get along with his stubborn little sister.

Joohyun took a deep breath as she recalled that memories. But she chuckled in the end. She never knew that fate just led them to be husband and wife like that.

Joohyun looked at the clock and decided to tidy up her belonging. She just finished her last class that day. Monday was always her free day. She just needed to teach two hours that day. But she had a full day of teaching in Thursday.

She was about to get up when suddenly her phone rang. It was from her husband.

“Yeoboseyo~ Oppa.” She answered it.

“Hyun-ahh, do you still have classes this afternoon? I just remembered that you have less class every Monday.” Yonghwa said. His tone sounds so cheerfully. It seemed like he was in his good mood.

“Aniyo, Oppa. Waeyo?” Joohyun asked back.

“It’s good to hear that. Just wait me there okay. I’m on my way to you.” He said as he ended his conversation.

It succeed make Joohyun frowned. But she waited him though.

After twenty minutes, Yonghwa finally arrived. Until Joohyun entered his car, Yonghwa still didn’t tell her their destination. Joohyun stared at him but he just grinned.

“Where are we going, Oppa?” Joohyun asked for nth times that time. She felt so exasperated to him and had an idea, “Tell me where we are going Oppa or…” Joohyun poked his waist and it succeed make him startled and screamed.

“Yahh! Joohyun-ahh!” he protested as he held his laugh.

“Tell me or…” Joohyun was about to poke him again when he finally agreed.

“Okay – okay, but please stop it Joohyun-ahh!” Yonghwa begged and Joohyun just crossed her hands over her chest, waited.

“We’ll go to Pyeongchang-dong.” He finally answered as he held his smiled.

Joohyun frowned deeper. “What will we do there?”

“Hiking.” He replied jongkingly.

“Oppa!” Joohyun exclaimed and Yonghwa chuckled because of that.

“Just wait Hyun-ahh, I’ll tell you when we arrived.” He said again as he patted Joohyun hands on her lap.

Joohyun sighed, didn’t have a choice and just decided to not ask again. So, they chatted about something else after that.

Joohyun clueless at first but when they finally arrived in the hilly road, she had a feeling about something.

Could it be…

“What is your dream house, Joohyun-ahh?” Yonghwa asked abruptly.

Joohyun didn’t reply him right away. All her suspicions made her frown again.

“Yahh! Joohyun-ahh, tell me palli.” Yonghwa insisted when Joohyun didn’t reply him. He chuckled again when he saw Joohyun expression.

“Oppa, don’t tell me…” but Joohyun didn’t continue her sentence.

“Don’t tell you what?” Yonghwa asked back as he still chuckled. “Come on, just tell me your dream house, Hyun~” Yonghwa repeated his first question.

Joohyun couldn’t erase her frown, but she started to think. “Hmm…I always dream about a simple white house, with a large window that face the huge green garden, and balcony that faces the city scenery…”

Yonghwa smiled wider as he heard Joohyun’s explanation. “A balcony that face the city scenery? That’s mean you want a house in mountain?” Yonghwa asked further.

Joohyun nodded before said, “ne~”

“Yess!” Yonghwa whispered and it succeed make Joohyun turned to him right away.

“Waeyo, Oppa?” Joohyun giggled when she saw Yonghwa’s expression. “Don’t tell you already bought a house here, in Pyeongchang-dong.” Joohyun asked as he chuckled in the end.

Yonghwa hummed as he couldn’t help to not smile more widely. “Yep.” He finally answered shortly.

“What??? Jinjja?” Joohyun surprised by Yonghwa’s affirmation.

She thought about that possibility but when it turned to be a reality, it still surprised her so much.

“Gutjimal hajima seyo, Oppa!” Joohyun threatened him. Yonghwa could saw her nostril was flaring.

“Yahh! I’m not lying, Hyun~” Yonghwa laughed hard. “See, we finally arrive.”

Yonghwa announced it and Joohyun turned around to see a white house in front of her. She still froze on her spot, until she didn’t realize that Yonghwa already got out of the car and opened the car door for her.

“Yahh! Get out palli, Joohyun-ahh!” Yonghwa said as he couldn’t stop his laughed.

Joohyun finally got out but she still speechless. It made Yonghwa took her hands and led them to open the main door. It was still empty inside but Joohyun could see a large window that faced a huge garden. It was matched perfectly with her dream house.

“See that large window, Hyun-ahh. It’ll help us to watch over our children while they play around there.” Yonghwa whispered to her as he slipped his hands to her waist. Back hugging her.

“Ne~ it’s so perfect, Oppa.” Joohyun replied as she blinked her tears.

“Yahh! Are you crying?” Yonghwa surprised to see Joohyun finally cried. Then he turned her around to face him. He smiled as he wiped her tears. “Don’t cry, Joohyun-ahh.”

“But I want to cry, Oppa.” Joohyun replied stubbornly. Yonghwa chuckled again because of that.

“Thank you, Oppa. It’s really beautiful. I don’t know what to say. Thank you so much, Oppa.” Joohyun said again as her tears kept flowing.

“Ne, buin-ahh. I fulfill my promise to you. It’s our house…for our family.” Yonghwa replied warmly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter