let's be sunflowers

kiddo drabbles

Title: let’s be sunflowers

Pairing: luhan/minseok

Wordcount: 449w

 

“I don’t like it! I really don’t like it. I wish we’d be able to just keep looking at each other like Sunflowers.” Luhan thrashes about and whines, bottom lips sticking out exaggeratedly.

 

“Baoziii~” He calls out, poking at Minseok’s arm, “Do you know what Sunflowers are?”

 

Minseok shakes his head, not giving Luhan his full attention as he replies “Nope, what are they” to get Luhan to stop poking his arm.

 

Luhan huffs and puffs his cheeks up. He’s very positive that Minseok isn’t even listening. He scrambles to meet Minseok’s eyes and squirms his way between the book and the said guy, successfully getting the attention he’s demanding and at the same time earning a narrowed glance from Minseok when his book slips out of his hands and falls onto the ground, pages flipping open.

 

“What.” Minseok mumbles, keeping the annoyance out of his voice while Luhan tries to prevent him from picking the book up by stealthily shoving it into the underside of his shirt. The shape of the book is very obvious through the thin fabric but then again, Luhan isn’t one who cares.

 

“Do you know what Sunflowers are?” Wide, imploring eyes locks with those of Minseok’s and Luhan settles more comfortably on his lap, straddling him.

 

“Um. As their names suggest, they are flowers.” Minseok deadpans. Luhan’s facial expressions turn into one of exasperation and he whines, pinching Minseok’s cheeks.

 

“But this wasn’t what you replied with just now genius. Your answer’s wrong anyway.” Luhan smirks, the tip of his index fingers pressing at Minseok’s forehead.

 

Minseok raises an eyebrow, obviously unamused and half anticipating what kind of answer the other boy, younger then him by mere months, would reply.

 

What he doesn’t expect, however, is Luhan closing in the distance between their faces and Minseok finds it kind of disturbing how he can feel Luhan’s breath and how Luhan’s eyes are this enchantingly brown. He holds his breath.

 

“Sunflowers, are flowers which look at each other all day!” Luhan announces, breaking the silence and Minseok was given a second to wonder whether he had felt the tension from just now until Luhan leans in and smooches him, saliva and all gross on his lips. Flabbergast fills Minseok’s face in a form of red.

 

He pulls away, about to stutter a “What was that” when Luhan, smiling from ear to ear, takes his hands and say, “Let’s be Sunflowers, alright?”

 

Minseok mentally slaps himself after he’s nodded because he has to look forward to Luhan Luhan Luhan. (But maybe that won’t be as bad as he thought it to be because Luhan tastes sweet. Shh… let that remain as Minseok’s deep, dark secret.)