2. Cheesy Love Songs

Loving You

A/N: This is the second prompt out of who knows how many. This will probably be my “go-to” series if I get writer’s block in some of my other plots or if plots become too heavy. This was longer than a drabble, but, eh.


2.) [otpprompts@tumblr] Person B of your OTP lends their sweater to Person A. When Person A is home, they realize they still have Person B’s sweater and finds Person B’s iPod. Out of curiosity, Person A looks through Person B’s music and finds a playlist titled with Person A’s name.


Today’s not-quite date was a success, if Jongwoon would say so himself. It was deep into the night where most human beings were either already drunk or just getting drunk, whether in street corners or clubs didn’t matter to Jongwoon. They spent most of the evening in a secluded, pricey and private restaurant that catered to mostly celebrities of all kinds.

Jongwoon wouldn’t have it any other way, to be honest.

Ever since his move out of the dorm and military service, his only regret was that he couldn’t spend as much time with Kyuhyun as they would’ve liked. Especially since Kyuhyun would get busy with promotions and hosting shows. Though Jongwoon got a public mandatory service, their time with each other was still lacking.

Thank God for silver linings.

The moment they decided to come clean with their members and their manager was something Jongwoon could relive without. If he were honest, the anxiety and paranoia suffocated him and made him question if the relationship as worth everything they’d worked so hard for. Against the anti-fans, against the agency, against the expectations that Super Junior wouldn’t last more than five years.

The hand that held his, so softly and firmly, guaranteed him that it was definitely worth it.

But there they were, playfully bumping each other’s shoulders in the wee hours of the morning, making their way towards the company car that would bring Jongwoon home (at the persistent request of Kyuhyun).

They avoided holding hands, just in case some photographer or a fan with a 70 to something MM lens caught them off-guard. But it was a perfect night. Jongwoon knew that if things were different, if they weren’t idols in a somewhat conservative country, Kyuhyun would hold his hand tight or even grab his waist in public, pulling him close and scaring all the passersby.

Jongwoon shivered. He rubbed his arms gently, soothing warmth into his skin. It was later than they both were used to when they were together and Jongwoon’s clothing wasn’t as thick as he thought they were.

Kyuhyun resisted just wrapping his arms around Jongwoon, though his eyes softened at the thought. Instead, he draped his coat onto the other’s shoulders, settling for burying his nose deep into his scarf. He inched closer, grabbing Jongwoon’s hand and shoving it into the coat’s pocket, fingers entwined.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Jongwoon risked it, pulled Kyuhyun close by the neck and sneaked a fleeting kiss on the cheek as they separated. It wasn’t much, but it would have to do.

He slid into the car and they drove off without a word. They would see each other tomorrow, whether Jongwoon visits the dorm or Kyuhyun sneaks to Mouse Rabbit, neither of them cared as long as they get a glimpse of each other.

Jongwoon leaned against the car seat with a satisfied smile.

Sometimes, he regretted having to stay late into the night with Kyuhyun during their sneaking dates because that meant trying to be quiet when entering his house with his family being asleep and trying to avoid the furniture in the dark with his two left feet.

Miraculously, he avoided them tonight and arrived in his room, quietly and painlessly. He removed his boots first, the shoes beginning to cut off his circulation. Next were his gloves, which he shoved into the coat pockets before realizing that he wasn’t supposed to have a coat where the pocket reached his knees.

He smacked his forehead and remembered that he was wearing Kyuhyun’s coat.

Carefully, he removed his gloves from the pocket only to feel something bump against his knee. Something flat and somewhat heavy. Jongwoon felt through the pocket and fished out Kyuhyun’s iPod.

Jongwoon winced and bit his bottom lip. An idol’s iPod was partially his most sacred possession. Well, Kyuhyun’s most sacred possession would be his PSP or DS or some newly released handheld video game, but that was beside the point. This was how they learned songs. The way the tune went, how they could improve or improvise. Their earlier recordings would also be in it, just to see if they could do better.

For a fact, Jongwoon knew Kyuhyun didn’t strictly have any new songs to learn. But that didn’t calm his nerves. So he opened it and fiddled around.

Kyuhyun was a bit privy about his gadgets, but Jongwoon figured he’d be forgiven once he’s seen if there were any important songs Kyuhyun needed to learn by the day or week or so.

But the playlist Jongwoon caught his eye. Normally, it should have been Yesung or even Ryeowook, since they had to learn each other’s parts of the song, too, in case one gets in an emergency situation. Also, it helped when they had to come up with vocal harmonization. But having his real name instead was a whole other thing.

Jongwoon swiped and freely scanned the playlist.

Cheesy love songs.

He lied down, clothing forgotten, his entire focus on the iPod. He bit down a smile and swallowed the bubbling feeling of happiness rising up his chest.

Kyuhyun listed various love songs, some sung by Super Junior, others by himself (that egoist) and those rated with five stars by Yesung.

Jongwoon didn’t bother curling up and burying his face on his pillow to suppress the fangirl-scream that threatened to escape his throat. He can’t help it. Kyuhyun was subtle and nearly emotionless in their relationship due to caution. Something as simple as having a cheesy playlist named after you filled with love songs was going to give you the butterflies.

He persistently listened to each one. Though he fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the second song on the list, he fell asleep with a huge smile on his face.

 

(He woke up still with only one earphone bud stuck to his ear and to a phone call from his mobile. He squinted, wanting to be angry at the disturbance, but he remembers that he’s listening to Kyuhyun’s playlist of cheesy love songs with his name and Jongwoon can’t help the smile that crept up his face.

“Hyung? I forgot I gave you my coat. Did you find my—”

“Your iPod?” Jongwoon answered, his cheeks were starting to ache from the smile that grew at Kyuhyun’s voice. “Yeah, I have it right here.”

“Really? Oh, thank god. I couldn’t sleep last night. Didn’t remember if I left it in the restaurant or in the coat pocket. Didn’t want to risk waking you up either.”

“You did, though,” Jongwoon said, but his tone was calm and soothing.

“Ah, crap,” Kyuhyun replied, “Sorry.”

“It’s fine,” Jongwoon rolled to his side, removing the earphone bud and stopping the iPod. “But tell me where you got a duet version of It Has to Be You of the both of us. The editing’s nice.”

Jongwoon laughed loudly, not caring if he woke up his family in the process when Kyuhyun began coughing in-between screaming denials that it was Ryeowook who placed that playlist in his iPod.

The fact that Kyuhyun said, “…in that Jongwoon playlist…” without Jongwoon mentioning it himself was a slipup Jongwoon wasn’t going to let Kyuhyun live down.

Because he loves him like that.)


You’re free to PM me prompts, if you like. But I request fluffy, cute, silly or along those lines. I’d like to avoid angst and/or drama of any kind, thank you.