Min Facts

MinCentric FanFic Community!
 
tumblr_mxgoc8u7FV1sklrr7o1_500.jpg
100214

 
 
 

the more you know about missA Min
 
So in order to help some new fans get to know Min better, I decided to organize this chapter devoted to facts about Min. Some things you already know, but you might be surprised to discover that there are a lot of things you didn't know. Enjoy.
 
 Basic Facts: 
Lee Min-young 이민영; also known as Min
Born in Seoul, South Korea, June 21 1991.
Min made her official debut as a member of missA on July 1st, 2010 with their hit single “Bad Girl Good Girl” from their first mini album “Bad but Good”
Active member of Korean group, missA.
Singer, Dancer, Actress, variety personality and MC.
 
Career Facts:
Though missA don't have official roles, Min is often times the lead vocalist and main dancer in many of their songs.
Trained in America for 6 years.
She is considered as JYP's longest trainee having been trained for eight years before debuting.
Has been with JYPE for a total of 12 years as of 2014.
At a very young age, she had already been exposed to the entertainment industry as she had taken part in "BoBoBo" (The Korean version of Sesame Street), as part of the duo called "Eolleong Ddungddang".
She auditioned for JYPE in 6th grade in 2002. (11 years old).
After a year of training, she was sent to the U.S. to train some more as she prepared for a U.S. debut.
Came from one of the best dance schools in Korea.
She went to study at the Repertory Company High School in Manhattan.
Min was the last member to join missA.
Min had revealed on an episode of Oh! My School, a South Korean variety show, that on the sixth year of her training, she had ran away after being disheartened from the recurring delay of her U.S. debut. She said that no one, not even her family nor JYP, knew that she had gone back to South Korea in 2008.
During her time as a runaway in Seoul, she worked several jobs including being a Dance teacher and an English teacher for about 18 months to support herself.
Before debuting with miss A, Min had some notable recognition in South Korea and some parts of America for being "Lil Jon's protege".
Has been acknowledge by many as a great dancer and an even better variety personality.
Kang Ho Dong and Park Myungsoo are known to be a very big fans of Min and find her incredibly cute, funny and entertaining.
When Min still a trainee in JYPE, she was Rain’s junior.
Min recorded the word “this” for Bad Girl Good Girl for 2 days because JYP wasn't satisfied with it.
Min was trained together with Wonder Girls’ Sunye and 2AM’s Jokwon. And has often mentioned them as the two people she respects the most in JYP.
Was on a variety show called Oh My School! as a fixed Student from autumn 2010 to early 2011 until the show ended.
Was originally supposed to be on Immortal Song II. A talent-based variety show that came back on to replace OMS after it's cancellation.
Min got to perform a unique version of "Breathe" along with Verbal Jint in Show Me The Money S1.
Min was featured in San E’s song “Tasty San” as well as Baro's song "Just the Two of Us".
Min was in an action film called "Countdown" directed by Huh Jong Ho and was praised by senior-actress Jeon Do Yeon for her acting.
Min's teaser for "Goodbye Baby" featured Min perfectly acting out the anger one would have after being in a dysfunctional relationship when she slapped the man causing him to fall. The video gained even more attention when Min declared on her Twitter account that the slap featured in the teaser was real and that she "felt bad" for it.
Min slapped the male actor 6 times because of her NG.
Her solo singles are "Dance Like This", "Go Ahead" and "Boyfriend".
Released one OST called "Living like a Fool" for the drama Bachelor's Vegetable.
On January 2011 January, 2011, Min, 2PM's Lee Junho and MBLAQ served as temporary hosts on the radio show Shimshimtapa.
Was fixed guest on a sitcom called 'Reckless Family 2' for the whole month of January 2013 and had a love-line with BtoB's Minhyuk.
She will participate in the drama at the end of the year (2014) called "Dream Knight" with GOT7.
Hit 1 million Twitter Followers! Happy Minllionaire!
Has over half a million Instagram followers! 
 
 Personal FACTS: 
Min lives with her Grandmother and is an only child.
Min's room is small but her TV takes up most of it.
Often reffered to as Kkap Min or Kkap Queen and is half of the Kkap Couple along with JoKwon.
Min's fans are called M&M (Min's Minions) and affectionately refer to her as Minnie or Minnie Min.
Min speaks fluent Korean and English, and minimal Mandarin.
At 13 years old she formed the dance duo, Little Winners, along with SNSD's Hyoyeon.
Min and JOO (JYPE’s solo singer) were supposed to be in the Wonder Girls.
Min had a boy friend in the US without JYP knowing.
Has been linked to many male Kpop idols and has been chosen as either their "ideal type" or "person who they would like to collaborate with" including, (Beast) Kikwang, (Ukiss) Kiseop & Eli, (Block-B) Bbomb, (Teen Top) Changjo, (F.Cuz) Jinon, (Cross Gene) Takuya and many more. 
Has a lot of celebrity friends from various fields in and outside of Korea. This includes, Gdragon, American singer and actress Christina Millian, Choreographer Jonte, American rapper and song writer Ryan Leslie, CL, SNSD (Hyoeyone, Seohyun, Yuri & Sunny), Comedian Kim Shinyoung, Lessang's Gary, Model Irene Kim, Artist Mina Kwon, Lydia Paek, Tasty Twins, YG dancers, Marshall Bang and many more.
Min and Hongki chose one another as the person they'd like to be on WGM with. Min said it was because she was "comfortable" with him.
Min has her own driver's license.
Min was Jia's teacher for Korean Slang
Min is the one who helped Jia in her English for her rap in the song “Mr. Johnny”
Min was Suzy's dance teacher during their trainee days.
Min’s grandmother calls Simon D her grandson.
She has her own Youtube account.
Is active on both Twitter and Instagram.
Min and G.NA used to live together in the same room while they were trainees in the States
91 line member along with 2Am's Jinwoon, SHINee's Key, Beast's Dongwoon, Mblaq's Mir, Nicole, SNSD's Seohyun, AS's Nana and many more.
ZE:A’s Kwanghee says he’s close to Min, and that she’s a dancing queen.
Is often complimented for her amazing dancing skills and admired by many.
Jia said Min is CuXy a.k.a Cute and y.
When they are together miss A use body language, Korean language, Chinese language and English language to communicate.
Min’s grandma always looking for miss A videos and articles for Min
Min was calling emergency when she was a kid because her tongue was stuck on ice tray
Min has great stamina when performing and singing live
Min’s nickname is Minyeoya, it was given by her fellow member Jia.
Meongjia is Jia’s nickname, given by her fellow JYP Nation Artist; Min and 2PM Taecyeon.
Min showed off her rapping chops in missA's I Don't need a Man and then again the "Go LA" MLB theme.
 
 PHYSICAL & Personality FACTS: 
Min's height is 161CM.
Min's blood type is A.
VitaMin. Happy Virus. MoodMaker Min.
Fei and Min have the same shoe size 230mm.
Called a Bagel Girl (Baby faced girl + Glamorous body)
Min has Killer abs and a very y back.
Min said that she is the most confident when it comes to dance.
Min loves puppies and is the proud mother of two: Bobo and Danchu.
Min said she can’t be herself too much on variety shows, because there are too many seniors and she must control herself. 
Has a very down-to-earth and easy going personality making her someone that is very easy to get along with. 
She's known for her dorky, carefree and funny personality as well as her love of food and amazing dancing. 
Min's Favorite color is Pink. (fun fact: so is Suzy's)
Is an avid eater of meat, pasta and ramen. Min loves fast food.
Min likes Palm Trees. She says they comfort her.
Min's favorite season is Autumn.
Min is a hardcore gamer (Fei is too) and enjoys playing COD (Call of Duty). Though she's also been seen playing Diablo.
Looks cute but dances fierce.
Prefers to be called pretty rather than cute.
Min is a bloodtype A & doesnt believe in personalities matching the bloodtype especially when people say bloodtype ‘A’ are timid.
Min is the kind of person who shows her emotions, especially when she's happy
She tends to stare off into space unless something fun and exciting is happening
Min's inspiration is Michael Jackson.
Min thinks her height is taller in the morning and shorter at night.
Min likes going to Singapore because it reminds her of Los Angeles
Min says that she and Suzy are really talkative and often chat about useless stuff. Like comparing their feet size. They're not that different when it comes to their very 4D personalities.
Min thinks that she has big upper thighs, that Suzy has long legs and that Jia’s legs are skinny.
Min is always shy when people asked her to do aegyo.
Min's favorite song from A-Class in Love Alone
Min collects gifts from sayA's and stores them in her room.
Min chose 2PM over 2AM when asked who was her favorite group.
When asked if the missA members were to be in another group what group would she be in, Min chose to be as 2PM member, because she said 2PM are funny and always laughing
Min's favorite 2PM members are Junho and Chansung. Mainly for their butts. Lol.
Junho and Chansung also chose Min as their favorite missA member.
Min’s favorite’s JYP song is “Elevator”.
Min is a type of person who doesn’t cry easily.
For Min, being an adult means being responsible for your actions.
Min thinks that JYP’s personality in television and real life are exactly the same
Min is the fastest in changing clothes and is also the fastest in signing autographs.
Min’s favorite girl groups are the Wonder Girls, Kara, 2NE1, After School, and SNSD.
Min likes to read Lee Oisu’s book.
Min likes to shop in Ddongdaemun and Myungdong areas and COEX mall too.
Min can imitate dance moves very fast.
Min said that she is the most charming member, Jia is really feminine, Fei is really y, and Suzy is so pure.
Min said that she’s an honest person.
For Min, her grandmother is her biggest motivator and the most important person
missA said, female sayA are really passionate and the male sayA are typical stand in the back and watch over them
Min said, the bad girls are Jia and Min, and the good girls are Fei and Suzy (when they’re dancing and playing)
Min is very cute (naturally) but despises aegyo.
The mood maker in miss A, It’s definitely Min
Though Min dresses casually, she also enjoys wearing feminine clothes like dresses and skirts.
Jokwon has said Min is the most feminine in missA
Min prefers more upbeat songs rather than ballad songs.
Min prefers her breathe outfits more than her BGGG outfits
"Min is perfect member to represent miss A on variety shows." –Fei
JYP said he likes Min’s dancing, mostly her popping dance moves.
Suzy is jealous of Min’s voice while Min is jealous of Suzy’s voice.
Fei is jealous of Min’s english skills and if she got the chance, she would like to learn English.
Min’s korean became awkward after coming back from USA. She usually mix in english phrases when she can’t think of korean words.
Min thinks that miss A has a lot of fans because they show a lot of charisma when they’re on stage
Min’s wish was to meet Michael Jackson once and she was sad when MJ passed away. She even fantasized about shaking his hand.
Min learned Spanish in high school but forgot everything. And if she’s given a chance, she wants to learn it again
Min and Fei are huge WonBin fangirls. Min often says WonBin is her ideal type of Man.
Min's ideal kind of guy is someone with a great smile and eyes. Someone who when she looks in their eyes, she know's there's a connection between them
Fei is Min's very own fangirl and is often seen making a squishy motion with her hands to show that she thinks Min is being cute.
Min was disappointed that she didn’t get to go to school properly while she was in the US.
Min believes that "Whoever gives us food is considered a good person. Whoever feeds us, buys us food equals good person."