Playing Matchmaker

My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Playing Matchmaker

 

 

"You can't be serious" 

"Please?~" Kai jutted out his lip in an imitation of a cute puppy face which sadly, affected my limbs and made my heart melt into a mush of goey liquid of Kai-ness. But instead of succumbing to his charm, i tried keeping a straight pokerface that wouldn't give any of my feelings away. 

"No Kai" i stated firmly. 

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?" My best friend pressed on still withholding the sappy aegyo that wasn't doing anything to help my self-restraint. I tried not thinking of how cute and innocent he looked, like a kid that had lost his favorite lollipop.i clenched my fists in order not to reach out and squeeze his cheeks, instead opting to turn away before he could catch the hurt present in the border of my eyes. 

"No is no Kai. Deal with this one yourself" were my final words before i chose to walk away from the now gaping boy. He was probably wondering what the hell was going on in that brain of mine, and truthfully, i didn't blame him either. He had all the right to especially when i did something as crucial as ditching him. 

Because no one ditched Kim Jongin. 

But this, what he was asking for was just too much. 

I can't handle that much pain Jongin, i'm sorry. 
Mianhae. 

The words that came out of his mouth was worth my entire existence. The way he said her name with a twisted symphony like he was caressing a precious lullaby on his lips. It felt like an angel's name the way Jongin spelt it, his voice laced with undeniable love. 
"Help me win over her heart" he had said. 

I can't Kai, I just can't. 

He requested my participation to go on a trial date with him, to show what and how to act, because I had fruitful experience with his ungentlemanly actions. Quite. 

Jongin was most of the time a royal jackass, but some rare times would be when his sweet side would stand out. I liked this short moments the most, even though they were short-lived. Granted, i spent my life with this boy, so i obviously knew what i was not getting into. 

Sudden arms wrapped around my waist and i yelped "what the !?-" my eyes flew up to meet his soft ones, begging me to collapse and just agree to his -pathetic- plan. An instant blush made way to my face while struggled to keep it down, in vain. 

I hate how he could play with my heart so easily, and with that just one look.

"Please" he whispered softly when his breath collided with the back of my neck, making the hairs on the said area raise up on end. 

I sighed, and nodded, surrendering to his demand because deep inside my mind, i knew there was no getting out of all this mess, just because of the simple fact that Kim Jongin had stole my heart from day 1, and i couldn't have said no to him no matter what. 

"Alright, just... Get off me" i pushed him away a bit too harshly for his liking, and he stumbled back with wide eyes full of hurt. 

"S-sorry, just.." I averted my gaze from his kicked-puppy face because guilt washed over me like the sea would drown the sand. So rapid, but retreating so fast when i thought of the consequences that would follow. 

I knew what would happen. 

I would fall for him all over again. 

But it was already done, because i was in love with my best friend. 

 

 


" You're supposed to pull my chair idiot" i hissed in Kai's ear who was supposed to be my date for this particular night. The boy sent me a small smile of ' sorry' before gracefully making me sit and going to the other side of the table.

I rolled my eyes at him " you are way off the gentleman tag" 

"I'm trying okay?" He shot back. 

"Well you're not trying hard enough" i scowled. He just laughed at my facial expression and I couldn't resist but chuckle softly along. 

"So," he twirled his pipe around his glass full of coke " that's your first date, isn't it?" 

I replied by squirming in my seat. It was true that i hadn't been on a date before, mainly because no one had ever asked me out, but that wasn't a reason to rub it in my face for god's sake. "Shut up" 

He chortled with laughter "ah, so i'm the lucky one" and winked. 

I was tempted to throw my glass of water at him, but reasoning got the best of me and I settled for a hot glare instead "I hate you" 

"It's okay, Minkyung" Kai drawls with that y accent that makes my body shiver unconsciously "I'll help you on your trial date when the love of your life comes around" 

"Kai shut the up!" I was blushing fire engine red by now, and wanted to drown myself in a big black hole of embarassment. Little did Kai know that this first date of mine wouldn't be happening in a very long time. I taught him the basics when going out with a girl, like opening doors and paying her sweet compliments that would surely make her blush. I also took in consideration his lame jokes and told him off, reprimanding that it wasn't the proper behavior to act upon while being with a girl. 

His cunning highness just had to make a punctual remark like ' but it's just you" to which I almost punched his pretty little face in. 

"So.. What's her name again?" I leaned over with my face resting in between my hands. His eyes softened- literally- and his chocolate brown orbs were swimming with affection. Those eyes... I saw them before, it was the same look of love that mirrored my own when Kai crawled into my thoughts at certain times. 

"Choi Eunji" he played with his glass of water, using the fork to play soft sounds that tinkled merrily "she's a year under us"

"Ah" i tried to look interested, albeit my thoughts weren't even focusing on his words. I lost him the moment her name fell off his lips like dark velvet chocolate. "The prettier one of the Choi sisters" 
I tried not to chortle once i spat them out. 

I did not miss the blush that spread across his cheeks. "I-I guess so" 
I raised a brow "you are becoming soft" 

"I am not!" He proclaimed. Not a good defence on his part. 
"So are" a smirk lighted my lips " Kim
Jongin has become soft" i clapped my hands in a mock victory " how nice" sarcasm was the only way for me to disperse the bitternesss present in my heart, twigging and tugging at it's emotional strings like violin chords that hadn't been played for so long. 

"Shut up!" 

I laughed, but it was full of underlying tension. Whoever was that girl, I knew that she was as beautiful as a whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter