killing you softly

whispers in the wind [and other drabbles]

 

"Oh she wants me."

"You can’t run away from me Byun Baekhyun," I spoke in a sultry voice.

I never once tore my gaze from him. He still looked beautiful years after, youthful; so breathtaking. I envied him. A twisted smile curled up on the corner of my lips when I saw how helpless he was, limbs bounded to the chair. The lighting in the dilapidated cell was rather dim, creating soft shadows. I was still hidden safely in the shadows. He squinted, the murky haziness of the cell affected him. I stepped out from the darkness and almost immediately he gasped. A look of recognition flitted across his handsome face, just for a second.  

"What do you want?" His lips trembled in the slightest way. The way his voice quivered, it made me feel so omnipotent. His fate was in my hands. Seeing him so vulnerable, that was what I wanted for so long.

I leaned, lips barely brushing his ears. “You.”

He shivered. When his head snapped up, I saw a mixture of terror and fervor in his eyes. I smirked at his reaction. I knew he was anticipating what was to come. I knew why he was so scared. The cell reeked of decay and death. It was so obvious that his doom was impending.

"Oh she’s got me."

"I can do whatever I want with you right now and no one will ever find you again." I heard his breath hitch.

I circled around him - like a predator closing in on its prey - fingers splayed out on his chest. I grazed my fingers along his jaw, his collarbones, his chest. Those lingering touches was meant to , to push him over the edge till he finally crumble in my grasp. I used to love every part of him. Now, every inch of my body was consumed with fiery hatred. I loathed him.

"I finally got you. I’m never letting you go," I whispered seductively, lips inches away from his. His breathing grew erratic, just like how my heart was throbbing wildly. His eyes widened.

I wondered how I managed to remain so stoic. But then again, I’ve been planning, plotting how I would execute his tragic death. The poker-face; it was a mask I wore which  hardened over time. I became a heartless monster after he left me.

"Oh she hurts me."

I chuckled darkly, watching him struggling to release himself. “I guess it’s time,” I said rather dryly. I grabbed something from the table and hid it in the back pocket of my dress.

"Time for what?" He sounded so alarmed, so frightened.

"For your death." A blunt answer.

"Please don’t do this. I’m sorry for whatever I did to you before," he pleaded me, with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"How pathetic," I scoffed, folding my arms. "I don’t need your apology. You humiliated me in front of everyone back in college Byun Baekhyun."

"Please," he cried harder.

I cupped his cheek tenderly. His eyes searched for the last traces of empathy in me. This was my fatal fantasy. No one could stop me.

"Oh honey, I promise it’ll be painless," I mustered the sweetest voice I could, trying to soothe him.

"You deserve this," a wicked grin lit up my face. I grabbed his chin firmly and planted a soft kiss on his pliant lips. He moaned shamefully against mine. I felt triumphant when he reacted in such a manner.

I missed him so much and yet throughout those two years, anger and hatred coursed through my veins, tainting what used to be a pure heart. I was poisoned by enmity.

I bit his bottom lip harshly, drawing crimson red blood, and stabbed him with the syringe I hid behind my back all along. He whimpered. I pulled back from the kiss, lips painted with his blood.

Like I promised, it was a painless death. He slowly grew unconscious, his muscles stiffened. He was paralysed. His heart rate weakened and eventually stopped beating.

"Someone call the doctor."

Byun Baekhyun, the rising star of SM Entertainment, was pronounced dead in the early morning of 12th May 2014. His body was found in a deserted jail cell in the outskirts of Seoul. An extremely high amount of Pentobarbital, an euthanising drug for humans, was found in his bloodstream. It was confirmed that he was murdered as a form of revenge. His murderer is yet to be found. Please contact the police if you have any information.

"This is overdose."