Hidden Paths

Strategic Response Unit

Finding a shooter and saving a victim is not easy. At all. One problem is that half of Team One isnt on-duty since they are on a testing patrol. This morning Xiumin saw a masked man carry out a girl into a truck and brought her here. An amusment park. Lotte World. Luhan runs up infront of Lay and then Lay runs up in front of Luhan. Keepig their 300vk's up, to see if they can spot the subject. They still dont know what the story behind this whole 'shinanagin'.

Luhan and Lay both stop. Hearing the a gun click.

"Did you hear that?" Luahn whispered.

"Whats going on guys?" Tao asks through the head set. Before Luhan could answer...

Boom~ "Team one and two stand down."

"Copy."

"Shots fired! Lu-ge go lethal!"

"Copy." Luhan takes out the rubber bullets from his gun and loads it with metal ones. He hides behind a soda machine. He looks around the amusment park that the subject has broke into. Behind a wall stood Xiumin. Back up at the enterance was Suho. The gun shot they heard came from under a rolloercoaster that has been said to be haunted, knowing this, Tao didnt leave the SRU truck at all. Hes behind the computer brains today while Xiumin is on-duty.

"We have a runner!" Lay says, and with a sprint he jumps the subject. He checks her out. "Clear!" He yelled.

"Lu, check surroundings. Subject lost." Luhan nodded to himself as he heard Kyungsoo through his ear piece. He spotted him waving, signaling a clear. Luhan left his hiding stop and jogged up to Kyungsoo to find out more about the subject. Lay, on the other hand, is taking the girl he caught into the truck for questioning.

"Who do we got?" Luhan asked. Through his ear piece Tao starts talking.

"We got a male. Name is Lee Minjung. In his 30s. Unknown race? Suffers from bipolar disease and has no family history. Hes got motivation for today though." Tao said.

"Really? What?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Us. The SRU teams one and two."

Both Kyungsoo and Luhan look at each. "Really?"

"Yeah but this isnt a joke. He really has something against us." Tao says.

"I asked the girl, she says its her brother, they both got adopted and both have been physically abused." Lay interupts. "Her name is Lee Minsung."

"Can I talk to her?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Sure." Lay says, "Here." you can hear lay give the ear piece to Minsung.

"H-hello?" Her voice was shaking.

"Hello? This is officer Do Kyungsoo. Can you explain to me what is going on today? Why is your brother acting like this?"

"H-he sh-shot my mom!" She cried, "I dont know why hes acting like this. I've never seen him like this."

"What about the abuse?" Luhan asks. "Does that have anything to do with it?"

The girl answered no, Kyungsoo signaled to keep looking for the shooter, Luhan nodded and started to return to his previous hidden spot.. Going less lethal and letting Chen go lethal. As Luhan approached his spot heard something snap. On instinct, he rose his gun and checked his surroundings. He sees nothing but hears everything. Footsteps approaching, from behind.

"Guys, I hear something." Luhan whispered into the head set.

"Lu-ge, everything alright?" Xiumin asks through the ear piece.

Luhan responds cautiously, "I possibly have a visual on the subject."

Luhan walks around a corner with his gun down. But before he could even raise his gun on the subject...

"Put the gun down or she dies, Luhan." Minjung growls.

"Hanjie?"

No noise. No noise was left after a second gun shot.

 

 

On the other side of Seoul, a certain, slim, gentleman gets off a military plane that landed exactly at o'700. He has bright red hair, which was unusual in Korea, he's going to dye it blonde later. Once he got off the plane, the President of the Blue House was there. Vice, a line of officers with cool guns, in their hands. Atleast Sehun thought they were cool. Everyone is so serious. Sehun thinks they are too serious. Even though Sehun is from a strict military base, he could never find himself to stay still more that 3 seconds.

Walking down a long purple-ish carpet, he bows and shakes hands with 80% of the people that were waiting for him. At the end of the carpet was a big white car. Mercedes-Benz.

"Is that my car?" Sehun whispers to his guard. The guard nods.

"Where are we going?" The guard made a 'I dont know' gesture.

"Why?"

"How come there are so many people here?"

"Why are they looking at me?"

"Who are the-

"Mr. Oh! Welcome to Korea!" President of the Blue House reaches to shake Sehuns hand. They shake.

Sehun laughs lightly, "Ive lived in Korea for about.... My whole life."

Feeling awkward. Sehun just left into the big white car. Driving to the SRU headquaters.

Why SRU? Why the Unit? Because Sehun was sick of the 24/7 action. All day hes a soldier. All night... hes a soldier. SRU is like dessert after a crazy meal. The crazy meal is the military base. Sehun is a very laid backed idiot who works his off to save lives. He justed needed time off to get to his old-jerk-self. He knows hes a idiot. I mean he was different from everybody back at the military base. The students would go to sleep at 10 pm sharp. wake up at 5 am sharp. Eat at 12 pm and 4pm sharp. sharp. That word bugs the crazies out of Sehun. He wakes up at 8:04am, sometimes 8:18am, sharp. Parties all night goes to sleep at 2:09 am sharp.

The car ride was pretty long. Once he got to the head quaters. Everything was not how he expected. The first thing he hears when walking in is a  bunch of warnings.

"Shot number two fired! Xiumin what happened?" Chanyeol asks through a walkie.

"It might Luhan. He had a visual on the subject then the gun went off."

Hearing this Chanyeol held his forehead in anger. Muttering, Oh please no! Not Luhan. Chanyeol cared for all of his memebers, if a member would be in danger, Chanyoel knows.

Sehun is shocked. This is not how he expected SRU to be. This is more guns and brains than stand straight and you pass the course. Seeing everybody running around bullet vest half way zipped up and loading guns. Finding out all patrol cars are in use. And Sehun sees that this a very family like situation. And never has he seen this at the military base.

"Can we help in anyway?" A guy with black hair came up to Sehun. It was the same one who seems upset finding out the news of Luhan.

"Im Oh Sehun." Chanyeol nodded, "Im moving to Team One tomorrow."

"Oh! Your Sehun! Okay." Chanyeol smiled. "Well I am Park Chanyeol."

"Nice to meet you." Sehun smiled. He looked around the lobby and he started to worry more about what is going on. He guessed that Chanyeol noticed the worry on his face since he said...

"Well, the lobby is kinda crowded lets go to the locker room its more quiet."

Both Chanyeol and Sehun moved to the locker room. Thirteen lockers. Eleven are in use. Another is for weapons and first aid kits. Theres only one left.  Sehun guessed it was going to be his, they were approaching it. Chanyeol took off the name tag on the Sehuns about-to-be locker. Hanjie  it read. Must have gotten fired, Sehun thought.

"Since we are already in the locker room, I can give you everything you need." Chanyeol said.

Sehun turned around to face a table with many police necesities. Guns, flashlights, smoke bombs, radio, walkies, headset, badges, ID. Sehun loved it. All this stuff. Stuff, meaning SRU, this table. Everything.

"Sehun, You are going to be back-up for the next couple  of days until you find what position you know you fit in." Chanyeol picked up the badge, "You are badge number 232. You dont have to worry about the number. For us, there is too many of us so we just use our names."

Suddenly a guy apeared through the door. Dark hair. Dark skin. "Chanyeol we need you in the lobby. They have a visual on Luhan. Not doing so well."

Chanyeols breath hitched, "O-Okay. Coming Kai." He looked at Sehun. Sehun reading his facial expressions nods in understandment and Chanyeol leaves.

Before Chanyeol left the room completely Sehun spoke up.

"Uh... Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol paused and looked back, "Yes?"

"Who is Luhan?" Chanyeol smiled.

"An important part of the SRU team two." He dropped his head a bit, "Probably in hostage right now."

With that said he left. Sehun stood there. An important part of SRU team two. Sehun know, already, that he will have a good career here. He turned around and put his name tag on the locker he was assigned. Sehun Oh, it said. His picture was already up. It was his military picture. It looked pretty hot, in his opinion. He looked around and saw everyone elses lockers. He walked past all of them. Most of the were korean names, some were chinese but scratched off and written in korean. He began to look  over them

"Baekhyun...." It said Baek~~ <3 though.

"Jongdae... a.k.a. Chen." He has high cheek bones, Sehun thought.

"Kris..." He didnt bother reading the chinese name.

"Kyungsoo... a.k.a. D.O." D.O.? Must be his eyes.

"Jongin or.. Kai."

"Chanyeol." Or Channie. Sehun chuckled at the names.

"Z.. Z.." Sehun paused, "a.k.a. Tao"

"Minseok... a.k.a. Xiumin. What? Is he chinese or korean?"

"Suho." His real name was scratched out completly.

"Lay-hyung?" Strange name for a chinese.

He walked up to the last one. His picture has little stickers on it of deers. He looked at the picture. It was worn out and was torn up right where his face was. Sehun read. "Luhan." a.k.a. deer.

Sehun rolled his eyes at that nickname. He wanted to meet this Luhan. He seemed to have been in SRU for a while since his picture was worn and torn up. Sehun shrugged and went back to his locker to find out what was inside. When he opened it, he found his suit, some extra shelfs, towels, a gun box, extra work-out clothes. and a t-shirt. White. He took everything that was on the table and put it in his locker. Since its his gear. Once he shut his locker, the door to the locker room opened and came in Kai. Sehun followed him with his eyes. Kai walked up his locker and opened it taking out a bullet vest and his gun. Kai put on his vest and was about to load up his gun when he noticed Sehun.

"Rookie?" He asked.

"Yeah. Oh Sehun. Military base history."

"Woah. Havent seen anyone from the force join SRU. Welcome to the team." Kai said and loaded his gun.

"Than-

SLAM!

"Get down!" Kai said pulling Sehun down behind a table. They both heard footsteps.

Kai put in his ear peice, and whispered. "Chanyeol who do we have?"

"Subject with hostage."

"Luhan?" Sehuns head jerked to look at Kai.

"Yes." Chanyeol responded.

Kai looked at the curious Sehun, "Im sorry but I need you to either but on a vest or hide in a locker."

"Whats going on?" Sehun asked, slowly aproaching his locker.

"Subject on the headquarters. Has a hostage, the hostage is one of us."

"Luhan?" Sehun said zipping up his vest and returning to his stop.

"Ye-"

"WHOS IS IN HERE?" Someone yells from the other side of the locker room, "Come out or I will shoot Luhan."

Kai let out a worried sigh. Then he turned to Sehun and gave a small smile. "Time to see what you've got Mr. Oh." Tossing Sehun his gun, Kai told Sehun his plan.

 

"Please. Tell me why you are like this." Luhan whimpered struggling to get out of Hanjie's grip.

"Shut up!" Hanjie pointed the gun at Luhan.

Luhan's hands were tied behind him. Hanjie almost choking him. Who is Hanjie? A former SRU cop, Kris' old buddy from China. Yeah, plot twist.

"Hi." Hanjie pointed the gun, away from Luhan, to were the sound source came from. Kai.

"Who are you? Are you the SRU?"

"Yes my name is-"

"I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" Hanjie yelled. closing his eyes shut in despare. He opened them.

"K-Kai.. Its H-Hanj-jie." Luhan was able to choke out that before Hanjie pointed the gun at Luhans head.

Behind the lockers, Sehun finally notices who Hanjie really is.

"I told you to, SHUT UP!!"

With that Kai siganled someone behind Hanjie. Luhan noticed and automaticaly felt safer. Kai slowly approached the subject and swiftly kicked the gun out of his hand. Letting go of Luhan in surprise. Yelling a "Hey!"

Making the subject more angrier he picked up Luhan again but this time with a knife to the throat.

"Thught you were smart?" Hanjie spit out, "Kai?"

"You know what Hanjie? I thought you were  real cop."

"I AM A REAL COP!"

"Really? Cause right now I dont see any cop, I see a subject that has a big chance of killing one of his old partners."

Luhan struggled, he hated knives. Bugged his so much he pushed his head away from the knife just to not let the kinfe even touch his skin. Kai was talking too long to calm Hanjie down. This is the first time Luhan has been in hostage. With his former partner. When Hanjie caught Luhan at the amusment park he shot in the ground, protocol says to fall back when shot is fired. When Luhan fell back, Hanjie let the girl go, and took Luhan. He dragged Luhan into a car and tied his hands.

"So Hanjie, tell me. Why are you like this today?' Kai asked.

Why Hanjie is acting like this? Luhan knows very well. Hanjie explained to Kai it ws because he got fired for no reason. Fired from SRU. He thought he was a very good cop. Followed the book. Protocol. Everything buts he was never good enough. Suho. SRU team leader. Knows there was a reason for this. The reason?

"Im like this because SRU thinks I do drugs. File says Im a stoner." Hanjie says.

"We had evidence Jie."

"DONT CALL ME JIE!" Hanjie tightened his grip on Luhan, "Plus, how can you beleive a stupid lawyer than your own team mate?"

Kai sighed, "Its the law. Plus if we did fire you for no reason..."

Kai signaled Sehun.

"You are under arrest for the murder of Lee Kyusuk. Drop the knife now o-or I will shoot you." Sehun said, voice was not stable but he did good.

"PUT THE KNIFE DOWN!" Into the locker room came in Chanyeol with Kris. From the cieling window comes in Baekhyun.

"DROP IT!" Baekhyun yelled. "I SAID DROP IT!"

Hanjie started to cry. Knowing he cant get out of this, he let go of Luhan, gave the knife to Baekhyun, and walked to Kai to get cuffed.

Everyone else? Walked like body guards around Hanjie to take him to jail.

Luhan? He was hugging Sehun with his dear life. Sehun not knowing what to do hugged him back.

"Luhan." Chanyeol called.

Luhan looked up. First at Sehun and then Chanyeol. Then he realized.

"O-Oh." He let go of Sehun. "Hi. My name is Luhan. You must be the new rookie."

"Yeah." Sehun said, "Oh Sehun."

"Oh? Thats your surname?" Luhan said shocked.

Sehun rolled his eyes, "What about you? Only two sylables? Lu. Han."

"Shut up!" Both laughed. "Nice work today. First day?"

They both walked to out of the locker room. Everyone is also walking out  Luhan and Sehun were the last ones.

Sehun nodded. "First day."

 

 


Welcome! First chapter is up hope you like it! Some of my chaptes might be boring. Sorry about that. :) Also. You guys I dont know much about guns and all the police stuff, so I will make up number and names of guns and all that jazz. Bare with me here. ;)

I also have dyslexia. I edited this, but you know, this wont have the best grammar. Sorry about that. ;D

Comment, Subscride, Vote.