An Exchange

The Hunter of Love

14th May 2013

My mum's four wheel drive slowed to a stop outside the terminal. I glanced up at the large building, with only one thought in my head- to get the top mark in my new university in Seoul. I slowly got out of the car and grabbed my black luggage out of the car. Mum watched me form the car door and I could feel her eyes on me, b with tears. 

"You're growing up so fast, Sarah, don't change too much when you are in Seoul"

"Mum! Of course I won't, I'll be the same old annoying daughter when I come back to bug you again"

My mum wiped her tears away, and I gazed at her aging face. Wrinkles were starting to form as she bitterly smiled at me, trying to hide her pride. Something in my heart fluttered, and I pulled her into a warm hug. 

There we were, mother and daughter, saying their goodbyes outside the Sydney airport. Never did they know that this would be the last time that they would say goodbye. 

_________________________________________________________________________

*Thankyou for flying with Korean Air. We hope you enjoyed your flight with us. See you again soon.*

I sighed with relief and I shoved my books into my bag. The pages to my copy of To Kill a Mockingbird, were ripped, torn and worn with age. It had been an old copy, in the family's library, and I had read it for over 15 times. I loved that way that it was written, it's twists and turns always managed to bring me to the edge of my seat. It was a timeless book, and loved by all worldwide and....

"Excuse me, ma'am, are you going to leave this plane?"

An air hostess with a kind smile looked down at me, and I realised with embarrassment that I was the only one left. I quickly apologised and hurriedly grabbed my bags and ran. Stupid, I thought, what a way to start a trip of a lifetime to Seoul. But then who could I blame, books were my "thing", I was a book-nerd, an A grade student, and smart, intelligent person. I brushed off my thoughts and left the plane.

*BAEKHYUN OPPAAAAA!!!! SARANGHAEYOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! EXOOOOOOO!!!! AAAAARRHHHH!!! LUHANN!*

Oh my gosh! Why are there so many girls in the airport!! It's as if all the korean girls have come from Seoul. They are screaming EXO and BACON!??. Who on earth are they and why is that guys name bacon? I pushed through the sudden wave of screaming girls, and hid my eyes from the cruel snaps of the camera. I stood on my tip toes and  I peered over the black and brown heads of the korean girls. A few metres away were 12 men, waving at the crowd. 

"Ugh, another one of those kpop people" 

I shook my head with disappointment. I knew that people who chased these people were stupid and a waste of space. Should they be studying to get a degree? Why waste all money and time on talentless 12 mediocre men? With my blakc suitcase behind me, I indignantly stalked out of the airport, into the warm breeze of Seoul.