Donghae ......

If Only ...

Hae's POV ~

 

The cool breeze of night crawled inside,  from the slightly opened window of the bed room.

Lingering gracefully ,like dancing above my bed.

A light shiver ran through my bare arms ,when the breeze touched me tenderly ,and I opened my eyes .. slowly …

 

As crazy as it may sounds ,but it felt uncomfortable .. to even open my eyes !

 It felt horrible ,just to know that .. once again … I failed in escaping the reality ..

I failed in running away from my pain , my feelings , from life itself !

 

I gasped in surprise ,when a sudden touch found its place & wrapped  around my bare skinned torso .. hugging me tightly ..

 

And as if the pain in my heart wasn't enough of a reminder ,my girlfriend was lying next to me ,wearing my shirt which was extra large on her ,and hugging me as she was sharing me my bed , making me face the ugly truth …

Making me realize that who's lying next to is not HIM ….

 

Carefully ,I held her soft & small arm in my hand ,and moved it away as I slowly sat on the edge of the bed ,and I put my pillow I her arms ,to make sure that she doesn't feel a thing and doesn't wake up .

 

I slipped my legs slowly & tip toed on the floor ,my eyes only fixed on one thing ... the window ..

Standing there ,the breeze was colder ,stronger , as it caressed my bare skin gently ,yet sending shivers ,but I couldn't care less.

I looked at the moon that lightened the empty street .. and colored the trees & pushes of the small garden of my house with shiny silvery rays , it was beautiful.

 

I loved the moonlit nights …

 

The moon. It was the one & only thing that witnessed everything we've been through.

From the very first day we met on London bridge that summer night … till this very moment .. it witnessed everything … and it's witnessing us now …

 

Am I late .. ?

Mianhae ~ … I was waiting for her to fall asleep & without knowing ,I fell asleep too ..

Pabo , right ?

Anyways …

I know that you're happy ,and believe me when I say that I'm happy for you too ..

So happy in fact ..

Hearing you talking about your dream girl for years ,and finally founding her ,must be really amazing thing ,huh ?

I'm glad you found the true love you've always been searching for ..

And I'm glad that I didn't confess to you that night …

how awkward would it have been if I told you that I love you , when you were coming to tell me that you purposed to the girl that love ?!!

I'm glad that I didn't tell you …

I'm glad that I stepped on my heart that day .. even though I felt like someone slapped me so  harshly & woke me up from my dream …

My beautiful , full-of-fantasy dream ..

The dream of me & you being together , not just like friends … but more …

The dream of me ,telling you that I love you .. more than anything & anyone ..

The dream of us living together as a couple & not caring what people might say ..

 

But … like I'm saying … it's a dream …

And I wanna thank you for waking me up before I would've made the biggest mistake of my life ..

 

I know that you're not mine now .. and you'll never be …

But I want you to know that I'll always be yours .. I've always been yours .. Lee HyukJae ..

Even if I was never your choice … I love you …

I'm happy that you're happy …

 

 

….

 

With these words … Donghae broke down ..

His trembling knees could not even bear his body anymore ,causing him to fall down ..

 

Everything he's been suppressing was beyond everything he could take …

The only true love he's ever known …

 Ended … before it even could start .. ~

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;

 

So … yes .. this is the first part of the story , Donghae's part ..

The things that are written in Italics in the middle are what he said to the moon.

It may be a bit confusing ,so please read the upcoming chapter which is Hyuk's POV ..

 

I know that it's gloomy ,but you've been warned before you read it :p ! Plus ,it's inspired by a Bruno Mars's song , so it's got to be rediculously romantic <3

If you like it , please "Up vote" this story & I'll appreciate it so much ^_^ ~

 

I hope you liked it : )

Stay tuned … ~!