4

Masquerade Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tick tock

Yuri glanced at the clock watching it strike 12. She took her phone and scrolled through pictures of her and Jessica, along with other friends.

The door opened and Yuri bolted from her seat to check who it was.

It was Yoona. She had just made a quick phone call for a few 'arrangements'.

Yuri immediately took her seat and pressed her face on the table. Her arms were quick to cover a portion of her head as she lay in deep thought.

-----------------------------------

Yuri examined Jessica's soft lips resisting the temptation to press hers against them. She knew deep inside her soul that she couldn't. 'Do it' her sub conscience stated. Her body moved on its own as she shut her eyes inching closer, her hair gently brushing Jessica's face.

Jessica quickly placed her index finger between their lips.

Astonished by the sudden motion, Yuri opened her eyes surprised to see that Yoona had replaced Jessica.

"That's enough for today." Yoona said as she gave a nervous smile.

Yuri quickly retreated, her heart pounding fast as she realized what she would've done.

"I-I'm sorry Yoona." She quietly stated her head facing downwards in embarrassment.

Yoona simply looked at Yuri before taking the seat beside her on the floor. She placed her head on top of Yuri's shoulders.

"It's ok." Yoona replied calmly.

Yuri looked over at Yoona's dark brown hair. The light from the window sent a glow illuminating her dark brown strands. 'Was her hair always this pretty?' She took several deep breaths as her heart rate decreased to its normal rhythm.

"You thought she was me..." Yoona continued. "Jessica"

Yuri remained silent.

"I know how you feel Yuri. You love her." Yoona looked up at the raven haired girl. She had never seen her friend so sad and distraught.

Yuri swallowed hard listening carefully to her friend's words.

"But it's ok, I won't judge you. I'm here to support you because I’m your friend." The younger one faintly smiled at the older one.

The raven haired girl sat as stiff as a statue.

"We'll get through this Yuri." Yoona leaned close as she closed her eyes and kissed her lightly on the cheek.

Yuri looked at Yoona in surprise and saw her signature smile.

"Now come on, we've got some other things to take care of!" Yoona stood up and asked for Yuri's hand.

The older one let out a sigh and took it, leaving the floo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter