3

Masquerade Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(AN: This took place after Jessica left the apartment)


Jessica hurried as she ran towards her class, her footsteps echoing along the hallway. She panted heavily before opening the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Jessica bowed her head immediately.

"Oh, Jessica. Good morning." Her teacher professor greeted her.

He finished writing a few notes on the whiteboard before approaching the exhausted girl. To his surprise her head was still facing downwards in a shameful bow.

"So what brings you here? Did you have a question regarding the class assignment?"

She slowly lifted her head, flustered and confused.

"N-No. Isn't there class today?" She looked around the room - it was empty. Embarrassed, she tilted her head downwards as her bangs covered her eyes.

Her professor let out a sigh. "They announced early this morning that class was canceled." He put the cap back on the marker that was in his hand. "...But don't worry, you weren't the only one who showed up, Donghae did as well."

‘Donghae?’ She thought before looking up.

Jessica quickly wiped the tears from her eyes, happy to hear that her perfect attendance would not be discredited.

"So...I guess you have the whole day off." Her teacher said happily.

"T-Thank you, Mr. Park." She replied before bowing her head in respect.

Jessica exited the class, not sure  on what to do next. One thing was certain for sure, Yuri was going to get a hundred whacks in the head.

She took a glance across the hallway. It was completely empty. Jessica advanced toward the glass window observing a few students walk across the campus.

'Tiffany and Yoona' her mind spoke. 'I should visit them since they live in the dorms in the campus.'

She tightened her grip on her bag as she hurried down the stairs.

-----------------------

It took 5 minutes for her to navigate to Yoona and Tiffany's dorm. Jessica heard the students walking around idly chatting about the school dance tonight. She knocked twice on the door.

No response.

She knocked again, this time louder.

No response.

'I guess they're not here.' Jessica assumed. She turned back prepared to leave until she saw a familiar face.

The baby faced girl that had black hair. Her hair blew across the wind revealing its true length. She looked around until the breeze blew even harder causing her eyes to instinctively close.

'Taeyeon?'  Jessica thought.

"Taeyeon!" She yelled as she ran to accompany her lost friend.

"Sica?" Taeyeon opened one eye to see her friend.

"Taeyeon, it is you!" Jessica wrapped her arms around the significantly small girl. "Were you lost?" She asked with curiosity.

"Yeah, a little. Your campus is much bigger than mine." The older one smiled.

Without further warning a strong gust of wind picked up briefly lifting Taeyeon's skirt to float.

"Ah!" She yelped as she covered what she could.

Some boys nearby stopped in their tracks to see what was going on. Jessica noticed and gave them an icy stare. They gulped and turned their head to the side and continued walking. "Maybe we should talk somewhere else." Jessica gestured toward the dormitory building.

Taeyeon nodded and followed behind Jessica's shadow hoping no one saw her undergarments.

-----------------------------------

The two sat at the dormitory's lobby sharing nostalgic stories from past events.

Jessica smiled as she noticed that Taeyeon hadn't changed at all. She was still the hardworking friend she knew.

"So you were going to ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter