1

Masquerade Mystery
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning's sunlight rays flashed across the white room, until it eventually concentrated on Jessica’s pale face.

"Mmm..." She winced and turned her head to the other side checking the time.

9:28 A.M

She blinked once, then twice.

"OMO! I'm going to be late!"

She had a morning class at 9:30, which she would be considered tardy.

She tossed the bed sheets off of her then bolted towards her door. But before opening it, she could smell something burning from the other side...

"Y-Yuri?!"

She quickly turned the knob, and to her surprise, she saw that there was no fire. Her childhood friend, Yuri, was preparing what seemed to be breakfast. Bacon and eggs were set for each of them. The burnt smell was coming from the bread the raven haired girl left in the toaster.

"Oh, you're awake! Hehe...” Yuri scratched her head as she brought the toast to the table- they were charred black.

Jessica sighed in relief and took a seat across from Yuri. She did a better job this time around. The scrambled eggs weren't as squishy compared to before and the bacon wasn't undercooked. She glanced at the toast and took one.

Yuri looked at Jessica with a focused stare waiting for the verdict.

Jessica took her knife, slowly scraping off the burnt areas before spreading some butter onto it. She then took her fork and took a bite of her eggs and bacon.

"...So?" Yuri leaned even closer waiting with anticipation.

"Hmm...It’s better than the one before..."

"Phew!" Yuri leaned back on her chair and sighed with relief.

"..But what did you do to the toast?"

"Oh, uh...I-I was thinking about something." The raven haired looked away with a little blush on her face.

'Figures', Jessica thought as she continued her meal. "What were you thinking about?"

"Uh..." ‘You,’ she thought to herself. "...Tonight's dance!" She finished.

"Oh, yeah. We've got that masquerade dance." Jessica spoke before she took a sip of water from her cup.

'Phew’ Yuri's heart rate decreased gradually. "Yeah, we're performing a number or two with the others." She poked at her egg before taking a bite.

"Mmhmm...” Jessica recalled before finishing her bacon.

"Are you going with anyone Sica? I mean, did anyone ask you as their date?" Yuri chided. 'Of course someone did, you idiot.' She looked down as her subconscious told her so.

"...Hmm... Yes." Jessica took another sip of water.

Yuri slumped down as her heart sank. “Who?”

"He's this guy from our English class,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Donghae."

'Oh that guy...' Yuri mentally pictured the boy. He had brown nicely trimmed hair, usually wore a t shirt, cardigan and jeans - nothing that deviated from the norm. 'But still, why him Sica?'

"He asked me two weeks ago." She continued.

"And you didn't tell me?" Yuri looked down at her toast as a sad expression consumed her face.

"I didn't think it was that important. Sorry Yul." She reached out to touch her hand with an apologetic look.

"It's fine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter