Chapter 1

Chanyeol - EXO Drabble 2/12

“Girl, this is Chanyeol!”  Your best friend, Lee Seong Ah, proudly introduced you to a tall, handsome boy with strong looking arms and a great smile.

She’s talked about him before, quite often actually. He was one of her best friends from back in elementary school through middle school and they had kept close over the years. They both shared the strangest interest in ferrets at a very young age, thus forming the basis of their friendship. She eagerly anticipated the day her two best friends would finally get to meet each other, and now that it was here, she could hardly contain herself.

“Hi! Nice to meet you!”  His voice surprised you, being many octaves lower than you expected. You had put your hand out for a friendly hand shake but it quickly disappeared as the boy's lengthy arms came around you in a tight hug. Your body was dwarfed by his large stature, the top of your head just barely reaching his chest.

He pulled back, still smiling brightly. You awkwardly returned the smile, secretly enjoying his good vibes. “It’s nice to meet you too, Chanyeol.”

Small chuckles filled the air as you two separated and Seong Ah came to pat your shoulders happily. “Yay! Now that you two have officially met, let’s go! We’ve got plans!” Her last words came across as a sing-song and she skipped forward, leading the way into the cold, busy night.

She planned this Saturday night on a whim, inviting a few of your closest friends out for some fun, despite the weather. It was early November, and fall was in its windy, chilly prime- but that didn’t faze Seong Ah.

Within the span of three hours, she managed to round up your girls Kim Iseul and Gi Jin Hye, Jin Hye’s fraternal twin, Gi Jin Hwan and two friends of his, Chanyeol, and yourself. The plan was to meet up at that new coffee shop in downtown at around nine, and once everyone got together, you were going to walk the boulevard down to the park. Just a typical Saturday evening at the bombest park in the city, drowning with people, music, street performers, dancers- all of it teeming with exciting night life.

Night life these hard working teens needed their dose of.

Blinded by her own giddiness, Seong Ah had wandered far ahead from where you and Chanyeol remained standing. “Maybe we should go,” you cocked a thumb over at the little brunette who was twirling and skipping through the crowded sidewalk like a five-year-old.

“Yeah, you're right. We don’t want that tiny ball of insanity too far from us,” A wide grin spread on his face and he came up to walk right beside you, arms touching.

As if thinking the same thing, you both joked, “That could be dangerous.”

Silly giggles ripped through your chests and he raised his hand for a high five. “Great minds think alike, huh?”

You nodded, smiling brilliantly. “I guess so.”


The café buzzed with the high energy of eight young adults completely engrossed in each other’s stories. Just as you and Chanyeol caught up to Seong Ah, Jin Hye and the boys came strolling down the corner. Not long after, Iseul made it through the café’s itty-bitty door, and just like that, the clique was complete.

Everyone took their sweet time in purchasing their hot drinks and introducing themselves to Chanyeol. He managed to infect every single person with his amiable personality and you were witness to the many laughs and smiles he easily made happen. He was definitely a very welcomed, very permanent part of the group. You all quickly joined a few random tables together and gathered around, instantly chit-chatting away.

You felt a sudden twinge of happiness inside of your chest as Chanyeol chose a seat between you and Seong Ah, his frame towering over the two of you. He had proved to be very comfortable, effortlessly getting along with you and everyone else, talking casually about this and that. To make things even better, he was funny as hell. There was not one moment in the short time that you and everyone else had been around him in which you had stopped showing your teeth or chortling like an idiot.

He currently held everyone’s attention with a ridiculous childhood story of his and Seong Ah in their ferret club days…

“And then, her crazy decided it was okay to shove the poor into animal my pants! Could you imagine having to explain to your teacher that you needed to be excused, you had a fully grown ferret halfway up your ?” The table roared to life, Chanyeol’s story knocking them dead. You reached over to get Seong Ah’s attention, flashing a thumbs up.

“Hey! I thought you and I were friends!” Chanyeol pouted cutely, obviously messing around with you.

You shook your head at him. “She’s my friend too and she had every right,” His eyes widened in disbelief. “I mean, just who drops gum in their friend’s hair and then brings her a pair of scissors so she could cut it out herself?” You wiggled your finger in his face, shaming him. “Tsk, that’s pretty bad.”

“It was an accident!”

Chanyeol’s desperation brought the table into an even louder volume, the small shop practically shaking from the noise. It was all just for a good laugh, but he played his emotions out really well, and his sense of humor, although a bit childish, was very amusing. Time passed and the room continuously boomed with your combined voices. You swore it wasn’t going to be long until the employees kicked you all out.

“Guys!” Everyone turned their heads to a frazzled Seong Ah as she studied her watch. “It’s almost ten thirty!” She stood and the rest of you followed like little duckies after their mommy. “Hurry!” One by one, you threw away your trash and noisily put the tables back in place. You exited the building in one messy glob, both you and Chanyeol getting caught up in the middle. The two of you were involuntarily shoved through tiny doorway of the café, too cramped to set yourselves free. You lost your footing.

“Ah!”

You dove head first into a hard chest, your weight resting fully on the person.

“Omo! Are you okay?” Chanyeol. You all just about died of mortification as you heard his frantic voice call to you. Abruptly, you straightened yourself and fixed your beanie back into place, your eyes catching a familiar pastel color smeared across the front of his shirt. It looked like lipstick.

Your lipstick.

“Oh, let me help you with that!” Chanyeol’s fingers began to smooth away the pink mess on your lips, his oblivious touch striking a dim spark. You immediately pulled back.

“No, it’s okay! I got-“

He gripped onto your cheek, pinching softly. “Just hold still!” He stubbornly wiped away the paint, much to your horror.

Well, not that you minded his touch. After the initial shock, it felt sweet, tender and it made you feel all gooey inside, kind of like- wait, no! This was not the time!

“There. Now that wasn’t so bad, was it?” He leaned in closer, his gaze soft, innocent.

‘Innocent my .’

You averted your eyes back to the sloppy outline of your mouth stamped onto his impeccably white tee and you sighed in dismay. “I’m so sorry!” You reached into your bag for a makeup removing wipe, silently praying for it to work.

You took the stained fabric, the back of your hand unintentionally skimming his stomach, and scrubbed furiously. He stiffened, your warm touch unknowingly sending little jolts through his body. The stain was gone, but you were not satisfied. You pulled out another wipe and started again.

Large hands hastily came to tug at yours and you looked up, his usual smiling face masked by a blush. “Thank you,” his voice was hushed, sounding deeper than before. “But I’m pretty sure my shirt will survive.” He stretched his top for you, proving that it was all good. “See? Nothing’s there.”

You stepped back and gave him your sincerest apology, but he made a quick move to dismiss it. “It wasn’t your fault.” He gently gripped one of your arms, rubbing it reassuringly. He tilted his head cutely to the side, his teeth peeking out from his soft smile. The two of you just stood there, staring at each other. You could feel your blush creeping further across your cheeks with every passing moment.

“Hey kids!” Seong Ah and Iseul both hollered at you, waving their hands. “Stop flirting and get your asses over here!”


Author's Note:

Welcome baaaack ~ ♥

So Suho's* ride is over, now it's time for Chanyeol and I'm super excited. I am really greatful for all of the wonderful feed back (you guys are so sweet!) Dear subscribers, I wish I could indiviually give each of you my thanks! Your subscriptions mean the world to me because at least I know someone is reading my stuff, so big shout outs to you all ♥ This is what I see you wearing on that fun, saturday night! Just add the beanie, okay?

lol

Here's Mr. Chanyeol talking the night away~ He even got one of the boys to snap his pic! ;) 

- LovingHopelessly

P.S. - On a more serious note...

All fanfics aside, I'd like to mention something that has been heavy on my heart. I don't know if you've heard, but a few days ago, a tragedy involving a ferry carrying some 300 odd people struck in South Korea. Although there are survivors, many of the passengers are missing, and already some have passed on. I'd like to take a moment to pay my respects to those affected by this untimely situation and I hope that the number of survivors will continue to rise. My heart truly goes out to these people and I can only pray that the victims find their way back to their loved ones. Stay strong