Welcome to California!

Overdose

 

On a flight travelling from Seoul, South Korea to the worldly famous and busily visited LAX, is Kim Taeyeon. Moving around in her seat, she was never one to love flying...especially landings.


I hate landings. My head hurts every time it happens.

“Ugh.” Massaging it doesn’t help either. I hope Sooyoung won’t do anything embarrassing. She probably will you know. Shut up mind, who told you to give an opinion.

“Okay. Got my bag. Let’s go meet that prankster.” Talking to yourself I see. Didn’t I just tell you to shut up? Just saying babe. Why must I have such a mind, I hate life. You know I am awesome babeYou'd miss me if I was gone.

1- You are not, 2- Shut up!

Well okay Taeyeon. You just need to go through this doo...

What the hell... Mind? Yep? What is that? Your friend has issues.

“Hey! Hello? Is someone there? What are you loo...Oh isn’t it beautiful? I worked on it whole week. It took some time but it came out cool, don’t you think?” She said as she waved it in front of me.

I told you she would do something. What the...

“...hell.”

“What hell? You are in LA not in hell silly.” Oh how I missed her. Shut up mind!

“Sooyoung.”

“Yes?”

“What is that?”

“It’s my handmade poster to welcome you my beautiful friend here in this beautiful Californian sun. You know you are so pale it’s good that you picked Cali. Just think about it, you and the sun will make this beautiful baby that is tan. You will look so y with it.” You and tan? Is she blind? It would be a disaster.

“Oh my. Soo I've been here for what? 5 minutes.”

“30.” She answered.

“Don’t care. I just want to go to my apartment and relax.” I told her, I needed to rest and to make somehow my mind shut up. I heard that. You obviously did.

"And I can't make babies with the sun." I said as I looked at her.

“Can I stay there with you?” She asked, going with the puppy eyes 

“No.” I answered straightforwardly.

***

Well the ride to my apartment was how to put it? Interesting? Well, yeah interesting. The taxi driver was some old Mexican guy and he wouldn’t stop talking and the same goes for Sooyoung. My head hurts more because of their loud talking.

“Can I stay? Please~! We didn’t saw each other for 6 months. You hear me? 6 months! Just please, let me stay.” She said again with the puppy eyes.

Oh, come on, you're really mean! I AM NOT! You are. *Whistles.* Oh God, fine!

“Okay.” I said. D*** you mind. No problem hon. Ugh….


"Just so you know I will be sleeping.”

“You shouldn’t!” Yes, do you feel that glare? You almost made me deaf.

“I mean you shouldn’t sleep because you know, friend, jetlag will come see you~. Haha. Yeah and we don’t want that to happen right?” She’s right you know. You hate jetlag. I know and I hate it that she’s right.

“I know. Just don’t be so loud. My head hurts and I want to relax.”

“Sure! Sorry I just shouted.”

“Just try not to.” Smile. I smiled. I am impressed with myself.

“You just smiled. You usually don’t do that after flights. I am impressed friend.” And I got one too. Why is her smile so beautiful? You sound gay my dear. I am not mind we both know that. You sure? I would go gay for that. Well not me, I like guys okay? Six packed, hot and sweat dripping guys. Ok, your funeral. I'll just make you imagine you having , with her. Talk about a pesky mind...

 

She had always dreamed of living here. And now it was happening, she was living in the very hills where movie stars, producers and a whole kind of celebrities lived, just not like what she expected...this is the house of Tiffany Hwang and Nichkhun happily married for 3 years. Tiffany doesn't believe in happily though. She wants out.

“Don’t forget about our meeting with your mom.” I said.

“Did I ever forget?”  He said with a smile. Yes you do, that’s why I call you 1 hour before.

“Does my answer matter anyway?” I said and he looked at me.

“No.” He answered with a smile on. *Sigh*

“That’s what I thought.” I said. I am so tired of this. This make belief... How did we get here?

“I am going. Goodbye.” He said as he stepped out.

And the door closed. Finally! I just hate him so much. So cold.

“Well he wasn’t like that.” I muttered, answering myself. I know but now I hate him. That s**m. Hopefully my divorce papers will be accepted. Do you think Yuri will really help you?

That b****? She has to. If she won’t she will regret it. Poor her doesn’t know what awaits her. Good that this house will be mine. How much do you think you will get? Well I think about 50 million or more. That scum is so rich and I won’t take anything below that. He’s so easy. He will do anything that I will ask him. What will you do after that? Me? Of course find someone richer. Stupid mind, you know what will happen. Your phone is ringing.

“Hello?”

“Hi! It’s me Yuri. How are you Fany?” Ugh, don’t call me that b****.

“I am fine. Why are you asking?” Maybe because of that divorce thing. Probably, I guess it must affect other people, somehow.

“Just. Are you sure about that divorce? You know you shouldn’t make rushed decisions.” Called it!  Here comes Captain Save, always trying to save this...Whatever that is.

“Yuri. I am 100 % sure about that. I don’t feel anything for him.” other than hate. ”We can’t rescue that. I know you want us to be together but it won’t work.” Stupid girl stop ruining my plan with your dusty little hope.

“Really? Well we have that meeting tomorrow. Hopefully I will get a better explanation. Take care Fany, Goodbye.”

“Bye.”

Dumb girl! What? “Better explanation”? Ugh, my head hurts because of her. 

 

At a bar, not far from the beach neither close to downtown. This was the perfect place. Unfortunately the perfect place can give you problems...this is what happens when the perfect place was built even before you were born...The owners, Jessica Jung and Krystal Jung, two sisters that came from the East Coast. They bought the place and revamped it into a bar/club. Jessica stood behind the counter.

“Jess! Give me some ‘ on the beach’ if you know what I mean!” He said as he sat on the high stool behind me.

“Really funny Taecyeon!” I said sarcastically. Men and their jokes. *Sigh*

“Hey don’t be like that! It’s not my problem that you have such a dirty mind my friend!” He said with a sly smile stretched across his face.

“You know that I don’t go for your ‘team’!" Being gay is awesome!...yeah.

“I know that but can I tell you something? There is something called ‘friends with benefits’ and we can try that sometime. ‘Cause babe I will gladly work that body of yours!’” It’s not such a bad idea. Wait what? Did I really think of that? Damn you my nonexistent life. How long has it been, 2 years? Damn that's a long time.

“Here you go and maybe we could, boy!” Hah~ men are so easy. You give them a wink and a y smile and they already are yours or is it just my charm? If I have any.

“Sister! Come here!” What does she need now? It's Krystal calling... *Sigh*

“Go to her! I have it under control Sica!”

“Thanks CL!” Hope it isn’t about our ceiling. These freaking rain storms are giving me a headache and we don’t have money to fix that. Finally some silence, it’s good we made the rest of the club soundproof.

“What do you want Krystal?” I said a bit annoyed. Oh~ I shouldn’t have said that.

“I think you see now. It’s the 10th time it happened. Don’t you think we should do something about it? Because I do.” Damn these rain storms. Why can’t it be all sunny here? Isn't this freaking California? Stupid storms.

“Thank you Captain Obvious Krystal."  I said.

She frowned at me, and then smiled.

*Sigh*

"I guess we should. We will lose some money again.”  I said. Money, now there's one thing I've been missing my whole life.

“I know, but we are living here Sis. I don’t want us to live like we did before.” She said as she looked down.

Before, huh? This club is our everything so I guess it won’t hurt. But I still miss you. It’s hard being a sister, mom and dad all in one, you know?

“I miss them too Sis. But that’s how life goes, right? You know you are awesome! Right?” She said as she smiled at me and left.


That smiling face keeps me going. She’s so mature and wise. I hope to be like that too but I guess I can’t.

 

She sat on her office and sighed as she put down the phone. She had just talked with Tiffany. Her friends were divorcing and she was appointed as an executioner...that's how she saw it. She had always loved working on the side of the law, but now, she wished she wasn't...Kwon Yuri.

“Hello Ms. Kwon. How are you today?”

“Hi Dana! I told you to call me Yuri~. I am good today. Do I have any appointments later today?” How I hate it when they call me Ms. Kwon, Makes me feel old.

“No. There are no more appointments today Ms. Kwon.” She said in a monochromic voice.

I will kill her...easy Yuri, easy. Just breathe in and breathe out. Still how the hell is it hard to say Y.U.R.I?

“That’s good and please, calls me Yuri!” And the door is closed. Finally alone but I don’t think I should be happy about it. Those divorce papers are down there on my desk's drawer and I don’t want to deal with them right now.

“I think I have to anyways, right?” Talking to myself again. I think it’s becoming my hobby. It's not that I'm weird but sometimes it's better to do that than to go crazy.

“Okay. I am sitting and now just.” I have to open it. Okay. I did it!

“Bravo Yuri!” I hope no one heard that.

***

“Setting in my apartment alone and getting drunk alone, is just awesome! Haha~!” I am so bad. My life is bad to. Lonely...

“Bad, bad life!” Why can’t they be happy together? Is it that hard? I want to know how it feels!

”But I don’t open up to anyone other than those two. My life is boring!!”

“I am so jealous. They have families and someone at the end of the day but me I am just this forever alone girl. Life why are you doing to me it’s..” I guess I passed out, was never much good even at getting drunk.

 

 

Authors Note: Hello~! It's the frist chapter and I know it's short but it was meant to be an introduction. Hope you liked it~! If you want you can comment. Bye~! 

The chapter is changed~! :)
 

^ Cr. to the owner