1

I Remember You

Minho walked out of the café and was instantly greeted by the cool wind of the morning.

He smiled, as he let out a sigh, this weather was nice.

“Hey Minho!” a pretty girl called, running up to him.

Minho turned around and saw his friend, Krystal, who worked at the café.

“You forgot your jacket.” She said, giving him a beige trench coat that went down to the middle of his thigh.

“Thanks Krys,” he replied, “Honestly, what would I do without you?”

Krystal beamed and shook her head, “You wouldn’t be able to do anything without me oppa!”

Minho ruffled the younger’s hair and they separated after saying their goodbyes.

He hummed happily to himself on his way home and when he went inside, his hyperactive puppy ambushed him.

“Aigoo Roo-ah! Who told you to be so cute? Hm?”

Roo barked in delight and all over his owner’s face.

Minho chuckled before placing Roo back on the ground and going into his room. The tall man flopped down onto his bed and started rolling around.

Maybe he could take a quick nap, he didn’t have anything to do anyways.

Minho quite liked the thought of a nap but his phone had other plans.

He grudgingly whipped out his phone and answered it.

“Hello?” he said bitterly.

“Hey dude, it’s me.”

“I know it’s you Jonghyun, what do you want?”

Jonghyun laughed. “Ever bitter, are we?”

“Yes now tell me what you want. I was about to take a nap before you so rudely called me.”

“Aigoo, this guy. Anyway, you free today?”

“Depends, what do you have in mind?”

“Well I was just going to lounge around at yours, maybe play games?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever. But I’ll be sleeping. You know where the spare keys are. Come ‘round whenever you feel like it and I think Roo is missing you.”

“My baby! I miss Roo too. I’ll probably be around in a couple of minutes. Later dude.”

“Later.”

Both boys hung up and Minho buried his face back into his pillow. He wasn’t in the mood for socialising but he could tolerate having Jonghyun over, even if he would no doubt turn the volume on his action games on full blast.

A wave of drowsiness washed over the tall boy as he let himself succumb to a much-wanted rest.

 

❀❀◉❀❀

 

A boy with angelic features and gold, silken hair sat with an air of full authority on a golden throne, in the very centre of the room.

His elbow was propped up on the arm of the chair whilst a delicate hand of his held up his porcelain face.

The golden boy’s expression was one of pure boredom as he looked over many servants that scurried about, trying their best to live up to the golden boy’s expectations.

With his other hand, the boy lifts up his black and and waves it the air in dismissal. “Leave.” He ordered in a captivating, yet demanding, tone.

The servants did not need to be told twice, they all left the grand hall without hesitation and left the boy all alone.

 “Jinki.” the boy called and a handsome, brunette man came gliding in and took his place at the boy’s side.

“What is it young master?” the servant- Jinki- asked.

A dazzling smile spread across the boy’s face as he gesture for Jinki to lean in closer.

Turning his face so that he was facing his servant, the boy raised his head slightly and whispered into Jinki’s ear.

Jinki smiled and nodded. “You are certainly right young master, it’s nearly time.”

 

❀❀◉❀❀

 

Minho woke up to the sounds of virtual guns firing and a screaming Jonghyun. He scrunched his face as he forced himself out of bed and into the living room.

“Yah no!” the dino-boy yelled to the TV, “You are so going down! No… no! NO!”

Jonghyun threw the controller on the ground in annoyance as the words ‘Game Over’ flashed across the screen.

Minho chuckled at the child-like behaviour of his best friend, he really hadn’t changed over the twelve years that Minho had known him.

Jonghyun, noticing the younger’s presence, turned around and faced Minho with a pout. “This game .” He stated before standing up and heading to the kitchen.

“No,” Minho said, “You just really at it.”

Jonghyun huffed in annoyance. “I thought you were my friend, so much for that. Anyway, had a nice nap little baby?”

Minho walked to the kitchen just in time to catch Jonghyun shamelessly raiding his fridge and cupboards for food.

The younger shrugged and leaned against the countertop. “He was there again. He’s always there nowadays.”

Jonghyun scoffed. “Are you crushing on a figment of your imagination? You, sir, are pretty messed up. Or, for all you know, you could’ve met that boy when you were younger. Ever consider that?”

“I doubt it Jong,” Minho said, “I mean, I feel like I’ve met him before but it’s just a dream.”

“Maybe you’re going crazy. It would be funny to see you in a straight-jacket, slowly rocking back and forth.”

They both laughed and Jonghyun had settled down for a simple peanut-butter sandwich.

Minho moved to sit on the couch and the elder followed in suit.

“So, are you and Krystal ever going to get together?” Jonghyun suddenly asked, taking Minho by surprise.

Minho rolled his eyes and gently hit his friend’s arm. “She like a little sister to me, it would be weird if we ever go out.”

Jonghyun snorted, “You say that now, but soon you two will be each others faces. Plus, Krystal seems to think of you as more than a ‘big brother’”

“Dude, can we like not talk about this? Krystal and I are just friends, nothing more and nothing less. All right? Happy now?”

“Nah, but it’ll do for now.”

 

❀❀◉❀❀

 

He brought his red lips up to his servant’s ear. “I’m getting impatient but it’s nearly time, right?”

The servant smiled as he nodded, “You are certainly right young master, it’s nearly time.”

 

❀❀◉❀❀

 

Author's Note:

First chapter is done but sorry it's short. 

I reckon y'all can guess who the golden boy is but meh. It's pretty predictable.

Hope you guys enjoyed it anyways~

-Azzy