Live

Smiling Down

Remember to read Homeless before starting this fic! Enjoy!! ^^


“So you didn’t jump.” She walked out of the cold and towards the fire I had going. She shook her head and rubbed her hands together over the fire. She never responded to me.

“Hey. Respond to someone when they talk to you.” I yelled.

She made eye contact with me and shook her head.

“You said you’re tired as well…What did you mean by that?” she asked me.

I scratched my head and thought for a while. I’m not just going to tell her my life story; I barely know her.

I smirked at her and said, “If you show me that you actually do want to continue living, I will tell you.”

She gave me a puzzling look. “How do I do that?”

I snickered. “Live.”


“You’re getting better at scavenging and collecting money.” I told her. It’s been a month since she attempted to jump from the roof. She hasn’t tried again since then, and she does seem a bit happier than before.

“Thanks…Say, Yoongi…” she began. “How long do we do this for? I mean…when can we get off the streets?”

I started unloading the things we scavenged and snickered at her question.

“Did I say something wrong?” she asked me.

I shook my head. “I thought the exact same thing when I was on the streets for a while.” I stopped and stared at her. “When you feel you’re ready; when you feel like you want to start again and start looking for a job. It’s entirely your choice.”

She looked away from me, but then made eye contact again.

“So…you’re not ready?” she asked.

I thought long and hard. “You know…I haven’t thought about it in a while.”

I took a ring out of my pocket and stared at it. I smiled back at the ring and clenched it in my hand. I then looked over at her and grabbed her hand.

“Here.” I placed a ring in her hand. “I think I’m finally ready to move on.”

She looked at the ring with a confused look, but she soon turned serious.

“Was this…your ring?” she asked.

I shook my head. “It was for a girl.”

She gave me a surprised look. “Really? It’s not very feminine or expensive.”

I snickered at her response. “She didn’t like me buying expensive things for her, and she wasn’t a fan of typical feminine things.”

She giggled. “It sounds like you were really close to her.”

I gave her a smile. “Yeah…something like that.”

Her expression became sad when she looked back down at the ring.

“She would have been happy receiving this…Can’t you visit her again and give it to her?” she suggested.

Memories started coming back, so I decided to change the topic.

“That man before…You loved him?” I asked her.

Her look became dark. “More like I loved being loved.”