three

Dating Sim Boyfriend

 

The bell rang. 

Students in class packed their school books into their bags. Ready to go home, to sit at the study hall to study some more or to go to an after school club activity.

Minho walked out of the classroom with the other students, slowly making his way through the hall, holding on to the strap on his shoulderbag.

“ Minho!”

He stopped walking the second he heard his voice being called out from the end of the hallway. With a tense feeling in his chest he turned around to see who had called him out.

A tall guy (slightly shorter than Minho himself) walked out of the crowd of students towards him. His platinum blonde hair perfectly combed, framing his face and cute squinty eyes as he smiled brightly at the person he was approaching.

“ There you are. I wanted to see you as soon as possible!"

Minho turned towards him.“ Onew.. what's wrong?”

Onew shook his head and catched his breath, he must've ran from the ground floor to the third floor in a hurry. Minho wanted to brush the bangs away from his face but he didn't.
“ Nothing serious.” Onew said with a smile, still slightly out of breath.“ There's just something you have to see, come with me quickly!”

Onew grabbed Minho's hand and he ran towards the stairs, dragging Minho with him. They made their way to the roof of the school. Onew opened the gate and motioned for Minho to follow him.

“ Look. Didn't I tell you that the sunset from here is amazing?” Onew said as he pointed towards the sun.

The view was indeed incredible, Minho never stepped foot on the school rooftop, but you could see the whole city from here. The yellow hues from the sky cascading down on to the city, was truly a marvelous sight. 

He watched Onew from a distance as he walked towards the edge of the building.

“ Onew! Be careful!” He yelled, quickly running after him.

Onew glanced at him from over his shoulder and smiled. Sitting down on the edge with his legs dangling off the side, he patted the spot next to him.

“ It's alright. I sit here to reflect sometimes.” He said.“ Come sit next to me.”

Minho hesitated for a few seconds before carefully sitting down next to Onew. He felt a little nervous sitting next to the other guy, looking at him while Onew just looked at the stunning view in front of him.

After a few moments of silence, the beating of Minho's heart against his chest calmed down as he too enjoyed the sight of the city. He heard Onew sigh next to him.

“ I know I look as if I know what I'm doing... people expect a lot of me as I'm seen as the one that's the leader of the group.” Onew began to say, Minho couldn't read his expression as he was slightly turned from him.“ That's why I'm here so often. A place to be alone for a while, even if it's just ten minutes.”

Minho nodded even though Onew couldn't see. Everyone in school knew Onew had a lot of responsibility in school. Him being classpresident for all of the four years, being a senior and always helping with class activities. He had a reputation of being wise and smart and the teachers always used Onew as a bright example for other students. It definitely put a lot of weight on his shoulders.

Minho was glad he got to know Onew better through their activities together. He also looked up to him ever since he transfered to this school in the first grade. A lot of students talk about Onew as someone who's always busy and serious.. and even scary and distant. But Minho found out after slowly discovering more and more of Onew personality that he’s also very fun to hangout with.

Unique even and also very, very cute.

Minho was awoken from his train of thoughts as Onew handed him something. A green lunchbox.

“ What's this?” he asked as he curiously opened the box. Immediately a delicious smell filled the air, the smell of crab. Onew laughed and handed him some chopsticks.

“ It's crab, with rice.. I don’t know how but my mom makes it so delicious.” He said as he took a piece into his mouth.“ So soft and sweet.. eat it!”

Minho smiled at Onew and looked at the dish infront of him. Feeling very honored and happy that Onew shared his favorite meal with him. He picked some rice, pickles and crab meat with his chopsticks and took it in his mouth. quite loudly as all the different flavours exploded intp his mouth. Onew smiled as Minho quickly covered his mouth.

“ Sorry.”

“ Whahaha! Delicious right?” The older one asked. He pointed at the crab claw on the side of the box.“ That's my favorite part. Try that one.”

“ Hm? Don't you want it?” Minho asked. 

Onew shook his head.“ you take it, I brought it for you you know.”

Minho was sure he turned as red as a tomato. With shivering hands he grabbed the crab claw and bit into the soft flesh. Ugh. So delicious. He had the urge to moan again but contained himself.

“ It really does taste good.” He said while chewing.

Onew nodded and turned his face away from Minho again, looking at the sunset.

It was silent between them as Minho finished the lunchbox. Onew insisted on him eating everything. He felt overwhelmed. This was a side of Onew he wouldn't mind seeing more of and he wondered of he was the only one among the people at school who saw Onew like this.

“ I'm graduating in a few months.” Onew suddenly said, which caught Minho off guard.

“ ...yes.” was Minho's reply.

It was silent between them again. Minho tapped his foot against the school wall. Onew didn't move.

After what seemed like an eternity to Minho, Onew began to talk again.

“ I had a few amazing years here at school.” He said with a smile.“ Even though it was very hard sometimes.. making everyone happy and making sure everything is fine is what makes me happy.”

Minho just listened and stared at the city below them. He could see teachers and students leaving the school yard.

“ Just a few more months of studying and I'll be gone.”

“ ...Where are you going?”

“ I want to move away. Away from this city. I don’t know what I'm going to do just yet, but I'll figure it out.”

Minho nodded again and pursed his lips, not really knowing what to say. It was Onew's own decision on what he wanted to do with his future.

He felt very bad about the fact that Onew was going to graduate. It meant no more meeting up, no more discussing about their favorite things, no more discovering of his many quirks. No more talking. He wasn't going to see Onew again, he was sure of it. He felt very selfish. He just wanted Onew to stay here with him on this rooftop, looking over the city forever and ever.

Ew. He felt embarrassed with himself by thinking about that. Surely they wouldn't lose contact right?

“ But we stay friends right?” Minho asked him cautiously.

The question caused Onew to look at Minho again. His eyebrows raised, even though you couldn't see it.

“ ... Yeah. Of course.” He answered.“ We're going to stay friends.”

“.... good.” Minho said softly.“ 'cause it happened so fast. The way we became friends.”

Onew grinned.“ Yes, I'm still sorry about the way I threated you in the beginning. You're a junior and I was always busy with things around school.. I must've come off as a jerk.”

“ No it's alright. You're pretty okay for an older guy.” Minho teased, causing Onew to laugh out loud.

“ We fought a lot too right? I'm so ashamed... But we actually do match don't we?" Onew said.“ You really care about others around you, I have noticed. I respect that.”

Minho smiled and he began to feel flustered again.“ Yeah.. well. I respect you too. I always have.”

Silence once again filled the air but it wasn't awkward at all. Minho could feel that Onew was looking at him. His grin grew wider.

“ After I graduate I want to tell you something.” Onew said softly.

“ ........ what? Why not right now?” Minho asked. Gosh he felt super nervous right now.

“ Or else I'm afraid I can't concentrate on the finals." Onew muttered.“ Come on let's go.. it's getting cold.”

Minho pinched Onew's cheek softly.

“ Ow, hey. Stop that.”

He smiled and stood up after Onew offered him his hand to help him up. Together they walked to the stairway across the rooftop. Minho walking slightly behind Onew, curiously watching after him, wondering if Onew wanted to say what he was thinking he wanted to say.

He smiled to himself. Now feeling both excited and still sad about the senior finals.

 


 

Minho lay on his bed, heart beating our of his chest right now. Onew's heart gauge was on the ninth heart, and after a long and incredibly cute cutscene reflecting on Onew and his character he felt very accomplished.

“ Ack, why does it feel so real! Onew why aren't you a real person?” He muttered to himself. 

He saved the game when he got to the status screen and closed his DS. He placed the device on his bedside table and lay back down on his bed. 

3.58 am.

Two hours and he had to leave for school again. This game has completely taken over his regime. It often surprised him how he was still able to function and play sports with the small amount of sleep he got.

He always wondered which ending he would get. There were 5 different endings for all the characters and 7 different full cutscenes. 30 moments and 3 surprise endings.

Minho was only interested in only Onew's story of course. He would play until he got everything... the good and the bad endings.

 


A/N: Quick update. He'll meet Onew soon, as Jinki. Don't worry. ^^
The random poke on the cheek was skinship mode btw


And I know i'm romanticing the scenario, but keep in mind that the scene where Minho imagined himself in is from a dating Sim, those games are uber romantic orz