two

Dating Sim Boyfriend

 

 

Saturday morning's were the best kind of morning's. You were able to sleep in and wake up around noon.. or at night even; or just wake up very early and eat breakfast just the way you like it.

“ Does it taste good?”

Minho quickly scooped a bit of rice and egg into his mouth while tapping the screen of the DS which lay in front of his bowl. 

“ Yes it doesss.” He said with his mouthful. 

He was alone at home for the morning. Minho only lived with his mom, who was away on a business trip for the month. He invited a few of his friends over to play some games in the afternoon.. and maybe also do some homework -if they feel like it.

He was supposed to go out and buy some snacks for them to eat, but he has been playing with Onew since he woke up. Minho had concurred the 7th of the 10 hearts he needed to win the character's heart last night. Which meant that Onew now gave compliments to him if he made the right choice.

Minho finished his bowl of food and took it to the kitchen, eyes still fixated on the DS in his right hand, then the doorbell rung. 

“ Hey! MINHO. Open up.” He heard from the hallway. It was Kibum, his neighbor and friend since they were little.“ Taemin's here with me! Open up quickly!!”

Minho looked at the direction of the hallway and back to his DS, Onew's perfectly animated face waiting for him to answer. His hair softly sweeping in the wind. Minho couldn't look away.

“ MINHO!”

Alright he had to. 

With haste he grabbed his DS and ran towards the hallway up to his room.

“ Wait a minute!!” He yelled at the door while running upstairs.

He slammed the door to his bedroom open and scanned the room for the charger of the DS. Then he connected it to the device and clapped the screen shut without turning it off. As long as it was connected to the charger he didn't have to worry about it shutting down.

“ Calm down! Calm down! Do you know how late it is?” Minho yelled as he opened the door to find Kibum- with his fist in the air, and Taemin right beside him. Both eyeing him surprised for a second.

“ it's 2pm.” Taemin said with a smile as he walked past Minho into the hallway to toe off his shoes.

Kibum followed after him while punching Minho lightly in the chest.

“ Whoo long night again? What have you been doing hm?” He teased as he too, stepped out of his shoes after Taemin.“ I swear you have a girl Minho, don't lie!”

Minho just shook his head, closed the front door and walked behind the two onto the livingroom.“ I don't have anything yet, I forgot the time. I actually wanted to freshen up just as you two came by.”

Taemin turned towards Minho and looked at him thoughtfully. Minho looked right back at him and raised his eyebrows.

“... You have a girlfriend. Just say it.” Taemin said, lips turning up into a smirk as Minho rolled his eyes and sighed in frustration. Kibum let out a hard laugh and sat down on the couch.

“ guys.”

“ No! Shut up! Do you not realize how weird you've been acting for the past few months?” Kibum shrieked, dying to get a reply off of the other.“ Late for soccer practice, slipping away from class, being unreachable in the night and so much more!”

“ It's someone from another school, isn't it?” Taemin asked excited.” An older girl?"

Minho shut his eyes in annoyance and lowered his head. He placed is hands on his waist while thinking how he could talk himself out of this situation. 

This wasn't the first time he had to make an excuse. He knew he was obsessive with that game, he couldn't help it. If it was a soccer game or an FPS he was sure everyone would at least understand why he spend so much time away from others... but a dating sim? Bye reputation.. at least the others thinking he had a girlfriend was better than being addicted to games.

“ You know what, I'm not even going to answer that. Why would I lie to you guys?” He just decided to say, like all the other times.

The two boys on the couch sighed in frustration. Kibum pointed his finger at him with a determined smirk.

“ You just wait! You can't just change overnight! There's something strange about you Minho!" He threatened.“ I'm going to find out what.”

Minho pursed his lips and frowned.“ Okay.. well... I'm going to take a shower.”

He turned to the door and grabbed the handle.“ Don't sneak around.”

After a 'whatever' from Kibum and an 'okay' from Taemin, he sprinted upstairs. He checked to see the light on his DS still on and sighed with relief. He knew that if he would continue to play right now the guys would surely find out about it, as Kibum was surely someone who snuck around and ignored orders. Minho quickly grabbed a towel from his closet and locked the door to his room to finally go and take a shower.


“ Okay who's coming with me to the convenience store?” Minho asked after he came down and faced the two guys, still lazily sitting on the couch watching tv.“ The others are on their way.”

“ Taeminnie can go with you.” Kibum said without taking his eyes off the screen.“ I'll stay here.”

“ of course you'll stay here. So that you can sneak around huh?” Minho taunted, he grabbed his keys from out of his pocket and dangled them infront of his face.“ I have the keys, so no way you can do whatever you want.”

Kibum laughed and looked at Minho in disbelief.“ Hah! What? So you admit that there is something you're hiding!”

Minho threw a pillow from the dining chair at Kibum's face, leaving him laughing on the couch. Taemin followed after Minho as he closed the door to the house. The two began to walk across the street towards the convenience store which was a five minute walk.

After a few minuts of silence, Taemin grinned to himself and glanced at Minho.

“ He's probably rummaging around the house right now.”

“ Yeah.. he is. As long as he doesn't touch any of my mom's stuff- and my room... it's alright.” Minho sighed.

Taemin nodded.“ but there really isn't anything that you're hiding?”

“ ... what? Well no. I mean it.” Minho said and stood still.“ There's nothing. I'm just busy with studying and sometimes my mom asks me to clean the house and cook for myself. That's all.”

“ Okay.” Was Taemin's reply.“ So how long has your mom been away?”

“ Two weeks.” Minho answered.“ it's alright though.. I'm used to her not being there.”

“ Yeah you mentioned it before.” Taemin said.“ Why don't you call us to hang out then?”

“ Why don't you call me?”

Taemin stopped in his tracks and looked at Minho in confusion." Uhm, we did Minho.. you're always saying that you're too busy to hang out."

Minho frowned." Oh, yeah.. yes! I am busy. This saturday is the only day i'm free for a while. You know.. soccer, studying.. cleaning."

Taemin narrowed his eyes at him.

" ..Okay. Well Kibummie and I are happy you invited us and the others."

Minho smiled at Taemin as he began to talk about stuff that happened at school. He sighed at the little tense moment he had there. Minho completely forgot that he sometimes ignored a few calls and said that he was too busy, even though the guys had reached out for him. He didn't want to lie to his friends but he just had no other choice.

The two bought a few bags of snacks and drinks at the store and then went back home. Both talked about things that had happened in the past and other stories.

" When was the last time we met up like this? Two- Three months?" Taemin asked Minho.

" What..? Was it that long?" Minho asked surprised." Has it really been three months since we last met up like this?"

" Yes, except for the little moments we see you at school." Taemin answered." You must've been very busy. I'm sorry for doubting you... Everything you said about being occupied with studying and taking care of the house. There's really no time to even meet up with a girlfriend."

Minho nodded. He felt bad now and incredibly sad. It wasn't that he lied about everything he said. Homework and cleaning surely took away 4 hours of his free time after school (He was kind of a messy person, but made sure to clean up after)  and soccer practice was from 5 to 7-8 pm. Sunday was the time to work out and study some more, as for food.. he just ordered and bought meals from the supermarket.

The rest of his free time (and sleep time) was spent on an imaginary character in a videogame.

How pathetic.


" We're back!" Taemin called out as he stepped inside. 

There were two extra sets of sneakers on the floor. Which meant that Hyunwoo and Kwanghee arrived here too, it was also appearend by the few extra voices they heard coming from the livingroom.

“ You go and put everything in the kitchen alright, I'll be right back.” Minho ordered Taemin as he went upstairs.

He walked to his room and turned the handle, just to find out that it was still locked. He let out a sigh of relief.. Kibum was that kind of guy to find a way into his room, one way or another. 

Downstairs his four visitors were talking actively about a some subject he didn't know about. Probably something about school. He waved at Hyunwoo and Kwanghee and then walked into the kitchen to prepare the drinks and the bowls of chips.

“ Minho!” Hyunwoo said with a big grin on his face, he stood next to him and patted him on the back.“ Where have you been man? I was so surprised to hear from you."

“ Hehe.. I'm sorry dude.” Minho said while grabbing a few bowls from the cupboard.“ Been so busy around the house and with sports.”

“ Ohh, so no lady hm?” Hyunwoo teased. Minho rolled his eyes.

“ No. No girlfriend as Kibum probably suggested.”

Hyunwoo divided the softdrinks evenly into the cups, while Minho emptied the chips bag into the bowl.“ Haha, as I thought. You wouldn't keep that a secret from us right?”

Minho shook his head and smiled. 

The five guys spent the afternoon watching a few action movies and catching up with each other, especially with Minho. After explaining for the tenth time that day that he really was busy with chores around the house and himself, he got some pity from Taemin, Hyunwoo and Kwanghee. Kibum was still suspicious.

Around 11pm the guys said goodbye, except for Kibum. Promising Minho to keep in touch with them outside of school, even if it was just a little hi through Kakaotalk. 

" I live next door, I can stay a little longer." Kibum said while lounging on the couch, which was now covered in chips and papers." Come i'll help you clean up."

" Thanks." Minho replied, as he picked up the pillows from the floor.

Kibum stretched and stood up, grabbing the empty plastic bags of chips and crumpling them in his hands. 

" Listen, Minho. I do feel very sorry for you busy life." Kibum said as he walked into the kitchen to throw the garbage away." But I know you. You're hiding something."

Minho tightened his grip on the broom he was using to sweep the floor.

" WHAT?! What should I be hiding then?! HUH?" He yelled at Kibum, who didn't even startle at Minho's raised voice.

" I don't know. But there's something." He smirked.

" Just.. get out man, the whole day you've been looking suspicious." Minho sighed, he just decided to leave it. Kibum has always been sneaky, sly and irritating." I'm tired and not in the mood to discuss this when I told you all the truth."

Kibum shrugged." Okay. I'm sorry. You're definitely tired."

He walked past Minho and placed his hand on Minho's shoulder for a second.

" But I do know that you spend a lot of time in your room. Our room's are opposite each other you know."

Minho shrugged his shoulder and faced Kibum in anger." What?! You're even keeping an eye on me?"

" Hey, calm down!" Kibum said in defense." Yes, I do open my blinds and then I see you at the exact same spot where I always see you. On your bed, with your laptop. I know dude, it's our secret ok."

Minho sighed in both frustration and relief.

" I would love to meet her sometime~~~" Kibum teased as he walked himself out of the house.

He was annoying alright, but no matter how much they fought, Kibum and Minho were really good friends. Now he really suspected him from having a girlfriend. He played the DS on his bed with a laptop next to him, in case he needed any help. 

Minho didn't know why he was so worried. He was at least suspected in having a girlfriend, and Kibum surely didn't know about the game he was playing. 

Was he stressing out too much? No one had any reason to find out about Onew right? He made sure everything he did was out of sight from everyone.

Well, he was surely going to close the blinds of his room from now on.