chapter 2

Life with Yongguk

Zelo sat up in bed and rubbed his eyes. He looked around and noticed he was the only one still in bed. Everyone else was in the living room getting ready for breakfast.

He climbed out of bed and stumbled to the living room. Jongup and Youngjae were sitting on the couch playing video games while Daehyun was busy cooking breakfast in the kitchen.

Zelo walked into the kitchen. Daehyun was busy chopping vegetables to put into the pan on the stove and didnt hear him come in. Daehyun was wearing one of Himchans aprons. The one that he left behind at the dorm before leaving with yongguk. It felt weird seeing Daehyun in the kitchen. He was so used to Himchan always cooking the meals that zelo accidentally called his name.

"Himcha- Um, I mean, Daehyun. What are we having for breakfast" Asked zelo.

Daehyun looked up at him. by the look on Daehyun's face, zelo could tell that he heard him acidentally say Himchan.

"Himchan?" Questioned daehyun, a smile on his face.

Zelo froze for a moment. He didnt know if his face was hot from emberrasment or just the heat from the kitchen. It didnt matter though. Zelo just mumbled a "never mind." Before walking out of the kitchen.


Himchan opened his tired eyes at the alarm clock. He nearly had a heart attack when he looked at the time.

"oh crap I gotta make breakfast!" He thought as he jumped out of bed. By the time he reached the door a voice called out from behind him.

"where are you going Himchan?"

 Himchan turned around and seen yongguk giving him a strange look from the bed. Looking around, he noticed he wasnt in the dorm. Then he remembered that it was the first night sleeping in their new house together and not the dorm.

Looking dumb, Himchan made up an excuse on why he was out of bed.

"oh, I was just gonna go start unpacking a few boxes" He replied.

Yongguk nodded and threw the covers over his head.

Himchan sat down in the living room with a box cutter. Carefully, His hand glided across the top of a box, cutting the tape. He opened it up and was touched by its contents. The box was filled with nothing but his picture albums. All of the photos that he had taken when he still lived in the dorm.

Grabbing one, he started to flip through it. He never knew there could be so many memories in just one book. 

Each photo seemed to tell a story. One was of daehyun's cake covered face on his 20th birthday. Another was of Jongup at his high school graduation. These memories brought a small tear to the corner of Himchan's eye.

Just then He heard his cell phone ring. The akward tone of snsd's 'I got at boy' Rang out in the room. Thankfully nobody was around to hear it.

"I really gotta change my ringtone.." He said as he pulled out his phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello? is this thing working?" The voice on the other end asked.

Himchan smiled. 

"Looks like nothing has changed Jongup. Your still as clueless as usual."

Jongup didnt know whether to take that as a compliment or not.

"Hi Hyung! I was just calling to see how you and Yongguk hyung are doing in your new house."

"Oh we're actually doing pretty good. You guys are gonna have to come over once we are all done unpacking."

"Yeah we sure will!"

Himchan could hear a door open in the background.

"Who are you talking to?" A voice on the other end asked.

"oh its nobody" Jongup replied.

"No. NO. I SAID NO!!!" Jongup yelled as he fought to keep the phone away from his hyung. Sadly, he failed and it was now Youngjae on the phone.

"Hi hyung!" Youngjae yelled into the phone.

himchan chuckled. "Hi youngjae."

"so tell me. How are you two love birds doing?"

Himchan rolled his eyes. "We are doing fine actually."

"ahh thats great" Replied Youngjae.

Then, Himchan could hear Daehyun and zelo enter the room in the background.

"are you talking to Himchan?!" Zelo asked excitedly.

 Youngjae nodded and tried to keep the phone out of reach but had it quickly snatched away by the maknae.

"Hi Umma! I just want to say that I miss you so much and I hope you come to see us soon. I miss your cooking by the way. Daehyun hyung isnt really a good cook."

"hey I heard that!" protested Daehyun.

Himchan laughed. "I'll be sure to give Him cooking lessons soon."

Zelo's face brightened up. "really?!' he asked, soundly slightly too excited.

Daehyun grabbed the phone from Zelo.

"For you information hyung Im actually not doing a bad job. Im pretty sure I only burned the food a minimum of four times."

himchan face palmed. "so I feel like you have taken on the umma role since ive been gone?"

"oh he has. He's even been wearing the pink apron that you left behind!" Youngjae shouted in the background.

Daehyun turned to face him and gave a warning glare to the younger. 

"Anyways I think we better go. I still got breakfast to finish cooking breakfast...Oh no.....BREAKFAST!!" Daehyun didnt realize that he had left the stove on when he went to go talk to Himchan. He dropped the phone and raced into the kitchen. Youngjae picked up the phone from off the floor.

"yeah.. I Think im gonna have to let you go now. I should probably go help him so he dosent burn the dorm down. I'll talk to you later"

Himchan laughted "yeah. by youngjae"

 The line on the other end went silent. Himchan put his face down into his hands. "I better give that boy some cooking lessons soon" He said to himself.


Hi guys! I hope you liked that update. It was a little bit longer than what I had planned but i think that it turned out pretty good. Are you liking the story so far? Sorry about not posting the new story. Ive had so much freaking school work that I havent had time for anything. Also, is anyone going to the B.A.P concert in chicago this weekend? I am. I am sooooo excited for it. Its honestly all that I have been thinking about. I cant believe tha im gonna see my oppas live! haha. so anyways, thank you for reading. Saranghae!