I am Yejin, and you?

A time-limited life

-----

It was a Monday morning, and it has been exactly a week since I've arrived at Korea. For the first week here, I got to go around here and there to examine Korea. To be honest, it was better than I thought and some people even recgonised me when I went out on the streets. I had been on the news a few years ago sometimes, and people must have studied me carefully because my father's group was ranked number 0. 

My first week in Korea was awesome, and I was actually enjoying myself. And now, I was dressed in a cute-looking uniform and was standing in front of my new school gate, inhaling and exhaling nervously. I was nervous-duh! Starting a new school at a new country with bunch of strangers is just... terriying for me. Ever since little, I was socially awkward and still is to this day.

My new school's name was XOXO highschool, located in the center of Seoul, Korea's capital city. It was the most famous high school in Korea, and students only ranked until 40 could get in there. Me, ranked 0, was obviously more than welcomed to join XOXO high.

As students walked into the school gate, they gave me weird stares. The kind of stares you would give a bug when you find it unexpectly. I sighed, before walking into the school gate. I was looking for the principal's office for 15 minutes but failed each time. This school was huge and I think I lost my way already. With a frown, I leant against a wall, hoping for a miracle to happen... and it did.

"Are you a new student?"

A friendly-sounding voice broke into my mind, as I slowly lift my head up. A guy was standing in front of me with a big grin on his face. Looking over at his name tag, I learnt that his name was Do Kyungsoo. He was actually good-looking, although he was a little short for a guy. I was only 157 cm, so he was obviously taller than me but he did not look taller than 175 cm. I found it cute, though.

"Yes, I am." I replied, smiling.

"Let me guess." Kyungsoo said. "I suppose you're looking for the principal's office?"

"Bingo." I laughed.

"The name's Do Kyungsoo." He said, pointing to his nametag. "And you are....?"

"Baek Yejin." 

When I said my name, Kyungsoo's mouth seemed to drop open. He was probably surprised, because Baek Yejin was also the name of the daughter of BY group, which was ranked 0. I smiled, with a slight nod.

"You mean.....you're the Baek Yejin?" 

"Uh... yeah...?"

"Wow... you're even prettier in person, noona!" Kyungsoo exclaimed.

"N-Noona...?" I blinked in confusion, staring at Kyungsoo.

"You're 18- I'm 17. I'm from S&C group."

S&C! How could I have not known? S&C was ranked number 4, and was a great group. Of course, with the help of BY group. Before we reached our hand out, S&C group was only ranked 48 and we helped them way up to rank 4, and they were always so thankful to us. Even to this day.

"Wow, nice meeting you!" I said with a smile.

"Back to reality..." chuckled Kyungsoo. "Do you know your way to the principal's office?"

"...No..." I muttered.

"Let me help. Follow me, noona."

I sighed thankfully at Kyungsoo's suggestion, and followed him upstairs- the place I'd least expect a principal's office to be located at. Soon, I found myself standing in front of a big door which was labled 'Principal's office'. Kyungsoo smiled, and patted me on my head.

"Here we are, noona."

"Oh?  Thank you, Kyungsoo-yah." I grinned.

"See you around!" He said, before running downstairs to his homeroom class.

I stood there, watching him until he disappeared before knocking on the door politely. A 'come in!' was heard, and I took several deep breaths before opening the door to the principal's office. As soon as I opened the door, I found the principal sitting behind his large desk. When I saw him, he smiled and took off his glasses he had been wearing. 

"Welcome. I suppose you're Baek Yejin?"

"Yes, I am, sir." I replied, lowering my head a little.

"We consider ourselves very lucky to have you as a student in our school." The principal spoke calmly, with a smile.

"I'm honoured." 

We shared a very short conversation, before the principal himself lead me into my homeroom class. When he opened the door and stepped inside, deadly silence flowed inisde the classroom and all students froze on their spots. From this, I could easily guess that the principal wasn't a very friendly man and in fact, was hard and strict.

"We have a new student with us today." He opened his mouth, before faking a cough or two. "Come inside."

I shut my eyes closed, and prayed for the best. The pincipal faced me, and beamed. I smiled a little (just to be polite) and walked into the classroom, where I could feel the students' stares on me. I was used to this, but this was rather uncomfortable.

"Introduce yourself."

"Mhm, hello. I'm Baek Yejin." I said. "And you?"

At my name, the students gasped in shock. Of course, I've been expecting this kind of reaction. After all, I was ranked number 0 and it wasn't an everyday-thing for a BY group's daughter to enroll into your own school.

------