#4 [Final]

Didi & Me

    

 

When they were six, their kindergarten hold a Peter Pan play during Children’s Day. Sehun took John’s role while Baekhyun was one of the pirates (most probably because Park Chanyeol was Captain Hook) which made him regretted later because the pirate’s custom look way more cool than his. Tsk. Wendy should had asked his brothers to change their pajama first before going to Neverland, hadn’t she?

To top it all, Wendy’s role was taken by Krystal out of many girls in their class. Ever since the youngest Jung pointed out his lisp in front of their friends not long ago, Sehun had been oh-not-secretly plotted out a murder plan for her, cousin or not. And by killing, he, of course, didn’t mean it with tearing her princess fan—yehet the Jung brought out one sassy Wendy when she kept fanning herself through all the scenes in the play—because he wasn’t that easy.

               

Opps

               

Nonetheless, he swear he was just an inch away from the fan when Krystal suddenly came out from nowhere and picked it up and VOILA… it was tore into two. Sehun snickered at the scene because he was right when he thought the poor thing was bought at their local night market instead of Paris as the Jung claimed. But, as Krystal let out her ugly wail, and every pair of eyes in the class began to turn to them, he felt like to put a tape on that annoying mouth then. What the… this girl was trying to make him as the black sheep!

Thus, he refused to apologize to Krystal when Miss Taeyeon demanded him to do so later. He didn’t even bug once his teacher threated him that she would call his mom and daddy if he won’t cooperate any longer. And that was when he saw Baekhyun went to Krystal, wiped her tears with his sleeves, before bowing a little as he murmured his sorry to her. The Jung looked content after that though it angered Sehun to the core but he did nothing when got the look from Miss Taeyeon.

The case settled just like that, with Sehun and Krystal are still in a bad term till now, and Baekhyun too had never asked on why he was being difficult at that time. The older didn’t tattle on him with their parents as well, caused him to feel both thankful and regret then. Because no matter how much he wanted to deny it, Sehun realised that he already took many advantages on his twin starting from that day. Like when he commented about his breakfast tastes so bland that it made the cook to change his expression, it was Baekhyun who said sorry to the harabeoji. When he bumped into someone at his school hallway, it was also his hyung alone that asked for forgiveness from the person. When he walked past his group of noona fans and meanly ignored their love letter and gifts, it was his twin, again, who apologized to the girls, saying Sehun was just shy and all.

In short, it would be such a wonder of the world to see Sehun and the word sorry together. The two basically need Baekhyun to complete a sentence, like it or not. It wasn’t Sehun said sorry in most of the time, but Baekhyun said sorry on behalf of Sehun. The younger even wondered if Baekhyun only did it out of courtesy because he himself knew very well that his brother of his has an equal share of prankster inside him. Well… that is must be it, huh?

 

“Ding!”

               

The sudden sound from the elevator startled Sehun before he looked up to see the number 2 flashed on the signboard above the electronic door. Floor 2 or Department of Pediatrics, as the nurse at the front desk told him and Joonmyunnie uncle before. Sehun heaved a sigh. He is going to meet Mark in just a moment but he don’t think he is ready yet.

Sehun quickly followed behind his Joonmyunnie uncle when the pretty male exited the elevator. His eyes then trailed on his occupied hands and the adult’s repeatedly before frowning towards the latter. There are sweets and chocolates—all are Mark’s favourite—in his right, and a bouquet of baby breath in his left, meanwhile Joonmyunnie uncle got none. As much as it screams unfair to him at the moment, Sehun is actually concerned on the male’s plan more. He promised to help him to get back as good with his brother but is this necessary?

Isn’t a mere sorry enough?

Though he is not sure whether he is able to say it or not. Aishh.

               

“What with the long face, Sehunnie?”

Sehun shift his attention from the stuffs in his hands to face his Joonmyunnie uncle fully. Shaking his head, he looked to the door next to him when he realised that they are standing in front of a room… but oh… is that room 225?

Wait… it IS room 225! Oh no! no! no! I’m in front of Mark’s room already! How could we got here that fast?

He reflexively pulled his uncle by his arm as the latter was about to lay his hand on the door knob. Joonmyun turned around as he raised one eyebrow towards Sehun, who is clearly fidgeting at the moment.

“Joonmyunnie uncle, can’t I not to go in?”, Sehun asked as he bite his lower lip. Joonmyun smiled before bending down on one knee to get on the same eye level with him.

“Why is it, hurm? I thought you said you wanted to be good with Mark?”

“I did, but—“

“Look, Sehunnie”. Joonmyun cut in the boy and it silenced him at once. He chuckled as he caught a pout on the younger’s face later. Indeed. Though he is only his godfather, he think Sehun is so like him years back. Childish, and brat. “Who do you think is the bravest person in this world?”

“What… urm… Spiderman?”, Sehun answered even he is slightly taken back by the unexpected question. Nevertheless, he is really a big fan of Spiderman. He also has a mask of that superhero at home.

“Why?—“. Joonmyun paused, happy that he is able to calm down Sehun a bit. “—because Spiderman saved people?”

Sehun nodded as he earned another chuckle from his Joonmyunnie uncle.

“The bravest person in this world is actually the one who apologize, Sehunnie. If we did someone wrong, we have to say sorry to him or her. We don’t need a mask nor jumping from one building to another. It is easy as that. I’m glad that you willingly follow me here but I guess you ought to fix something first”

“My heart?”, Sehun said as he looked down at his chest, where Joonmyun is pointing at.

“No, it is your pride. Cut it down a bit won’t get you any lower, kay? In fact, it will turn you into a better person each days. When you are forgiven too, isn’t it feel like a burden has just lifted up from your shoulders? I knew you are a good boy, Sehunnie. So how about you get in there now and prove me right?”

Joonmyun ruffled Sehun’s hair as he finished his words, before getting up and felt a tug on the hem of his shirt. He turned around again to see the younger looking at him with those puppy eyes of his.

“What if… what if Mark doesn’t want me to be here?”

“Well”. Joonmyun opened the door and gently pushed Sehun in with him, much to the boy’s surprise “—You won’t know if you haven’t try yet”.

 

“Ahh… Suho-sshi… young master, you are here”

Joonmyun waved in acknowledgement at Song Qian as he gestured to Sehun to put the things he carries on the nightstand.

Sehun did as he was told to and his eyes eventually met with Mark’s for the first time since he entered the room. He sighed dejectedly as the younger broke their contact later and continued to munch on the muffin in his hand, ignoring him completely. Gosh. What a great start…

“Soo Ha-ah, how are you today?”

Mark beamed up at Joonmyun as he stuffed another muffin into his mouth, making Sehun pouted at it because hey! why can’t you smile like that to me too?

“I’m good, Joonmyunnie uncle! But I don’t like here. I want to go home”, Mark pursued his lips as he spoke, caused everyone there to coo at him except Sehun who remains sulking on his seat.

“Let me see”. Joonmyun sits on the bed before bringing his fingers to trace on the bandage that wrapped around Mark’s stomach. “—If you are doing better later, I will ask the doctor myself to get you out”

“Really?”

“Of course”

Mark shrieked in happiness that he nearly jumped into his Joonmyunnie uncle’s arms but because of his injury, he just settled it by creating a heart sign on his head.

Joonmyun grinned towards him in return before turning to Song Qian to see her wiped some muffin crumbs on Mark’s mouth. “Qian-ah, can you follow me downstairs for a while? I kinda need your help there”

Taken back by the suddenness, Sehun opened his mouth to argue but Joonmyun beat him by getting out (slash dragging the clueless Song Qian) off the door, not forgetting to mouth ‘fighting’ to him. Sehun can’t help but to let out another sigh for that day. There is nothing in the room by now except him, Mark and pregnant silence. How he wish that uncle of his teaches him first on what to do in this awkwardness.

His line of thought get interrupted by a coughing fit not long after. Sehun looked up to find Mark hits his chest with his tiny fist—apparently he is choked—while his other hand struggles to reach his water bottle on the nightstand.

“Ask for my help next time. Do you wish to die young?”, Sehun said as he easily picked up the water bottle before shoving it on Mark’s face. And he wants to slap his mouth too like the heck? He totally sounded very mean there.

“I-I’m sorry”, Mark mumbled faintly after a few sips on his drink, and Sehun considered to torture himself with Baekhyun’s SNSD songs then because of how scared the younger appeared to him at the moment. He swears if this continues, let alone his hope to be good again, he is afraid he won’t be able to say sorry to him as well.

Okay. Better now or never. With somewhat a newfound spirit, Sehun sits on the end of the bed, earning a baffled look from Mark. “About yesterday…”

“I-I didn’t t-tell mom”

Eh?

 “You didn’t?”, Sehun questions, not believing what he has just heard, and he still doubts his hearing even though Mark nodded to him to confirm it yes. “But why? If it was because you don’t want mom to get mad at me then—“

“Why should mom get mad at hyung though?”, Mark cuts in as he tilted his head to one side.

Sehun gawked at Mark as if he grows two horns on his head. Was this kid being serious?. “Mark, you freakin got burned because of me! I told you to fetch the hot water yourself, remember?”

“Hyung also told me to wait for Song Qian noona… but I didn’t”, Mark reasons, staring at the bandage on his stomach sadly.

“So you are saying that you are afraid mom would scold you instead?”, Sehun asked after a few minutes of silence.

“Y-yes”, Mark replies, rather softly, yet it is enough to make Sehun feels like a terrible brother he is. He always complained about Mark this and that but it seems his 4 years old brother has become more sensible than him. To think that he is six year older than the latter ultimately make him sick inside.

“Anyway hyung you were really cool back then”

“Urm… is that so?”, Sehun questions uncertainly, looking over at Mark who is grinning cheekily at his direction so he smiles back to him in return.

“Yeah! You were so cool when you lifted me up yesterday. I almost thought you were Spiderman ahjusshi, hyung!...”

Sehun couldn’t make out the rest of his words later as they sound like a babbling to him. The only thing that crosses in his mind right now is Mark and how he had misunderstood him for all this time. He blamed the younger for the lack of affection he has gotten from their parents and Baekhyun, but he is also the one who practically shut down himself from everyone. Tsk. So he knew it is not a wise thing to say in this moment but he is glad his younger brother got hurt. The fact that he was about to lost Mark makes him wanted to treasure him more from now on.

“Mark-ah, you wanted to eat kimchi ramen, right?”. Sehun pauses, his lips form a broad smile when he sees the enthusiasm in Mark’s eyes. “I will make it for you when you get discharged then”

“Really, hyung? Hyung are not kidding?”, Mark says excitedly as he raises his pinky finger to Sehun, in which the older is more than glad to hook his own onto it.

“No, I’m serious. I might cook for two packets too if you get out from here earlier. But first of all… forgive me please?”

“For what?”, Mark blinks in confusion, his finger still intertwined with Sehun’s as both of them haven’t intend to let it go yet.

“Everything?”, Sehun replies as he takes a breath of relief. There. He said it. Though it still not enough, he is going to make up for the rest later.

Sehun lifts one eyebrow as Mark extended his another pinky finger to him. He looks up to see the younger smiling sneakily at him and Sehun wonders if he has always been this playful, before hooking their fingers together yet again.

“I will forgive hyung only if hyung add egg in my ramen”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Deal”

 

 

 

 

 

The end

 


Hi, guys! I’m back!

Haha first of all, I’m sorry that I broke my promise to update this story on Overdose #1 win (ahh it's the end of Overdose era already… shame on me ;;;)

I actually fractured my wrist—while bowling with my friends—and have had a cast since a month ago kkaebsong. Now that I think about it, we purposely went to the bowl centre to release some stress due to final…

Fortunately it was my left wrist that got broken as I’m a right handed (yes yes I was being silly to swing the bowling ball with my non-dominant hand :)). So I could still sat for my exam last week and yehet~ ohorat~ I’m finally on my semester break now ><

 

Btw, about the issue that happened in EXO recently… tbh I’m not affected by it that much (most probably because Kris isn’t my bias), but it’s indeed feel awkward to see only 11 boys atm.

Still, 11 or 12, EXO is EXO. Fan don’t judge.

My fellow EXO fans, please don't think of the line ‘This is the start of EXO’ negatively as well. It may look and sound bitter to you but I guess it’s the boys’ way to remind themselves that they ought to be stronger and better for us, their fans. After all, if you want Kris to come back so bad, isn't EXO must be continued? I meant if there's no EXO, where do you want Kris to return to?

As Chen said, “The ground harden after the rain”, I hope everything would be okay soon ^^

 

Well enjoy the final chapter! I love ya~~

 

ps: can you feel the heat? >//<