✧ teaser 001

Paranormal Detective Agency 〈〈 apply closed 〉〉

"Jae, stop." Hangil grabbed Jaeyoung's arm that was harshly throwing her belongings into a medium-sized moving box. As her eyes brimmed with tears, she angrily shook Hangil's grasp off her arm as she wiped her on-coming tears with her free hand. Letting out a loud sigh, indicating that she was stressed and irritated, she gave Hangil a glare. "Are you seriously going to fire me?" She asked as she crossed . Hangil let out a sigh of his own as he pointed to his office, "meet me in there now." He commanded, turning around and heading towards the room as Jaeyoung following, leaving the rest of their co-workers in the Violent Crime Unit confused as to what caused their sour moods.

As the door closed behind the two, Jaeyoung immediately landed a punch on Hangil's shoulder as she gave him a glare. "Are you ing kidding me?" As she let out a loud groan and kicked the innocent sofa in retaliation, she plopped herself down on the couch and held her head in between her hands. "I'm so ing angry." She cursed. The two had just come back from the Senior Police Chief's, Jaeyoung's father, office after warning him about the up-coming murders. Jaeyoung wanted her father to focus on the serial killer but because the events haven't happened and there was no evidence indicating that it will indeed occur, her father rejected the plea and had the two escorted out.

"Detective Yoo, what are you talking about?" Yoo Sangbum, the Senior Police Chief asked as he looked up from the documents he was currently viewing. He cocked his eyebrow as he stared at his out-of-breath daughter who had just barged into the room warning about a serial killer and his victims. "What murder are you talking about?" He asked once more.

"I don't know," as she attempted to catch her breath, she shoved the body guards off of her and pushed back her messy bangs that came loose from her ponytail. "I don't know what it's going to happen, but it'll happen when the new year rolls along. There's going to be a serial killer on the loose and we need to stop him before it happens. Dad, no, I mean Sir, please believe me."

The other gentlemen in the room laughed at Jaeyoung's panic as they were unable to believe that she knew what was going to happen in the future. "Detective Yoo, how do you know about a murder that hasn't even happened?" One of them asked, leaning back in his seat with an amused stare. "Unless you're the murder and you want to turn yourself in."

Jaeyoung bit her lip, not knowing how to reply to the accusation. She knew that she sounds like the culprit, but if she told the truth that a psychic had told them, then there would be no way they would believe her. As she opened to speak, someone else has already answered for her. "A psychic said so." Jaeyoung turned around to face her team leader and best friend, Kim Hangil, standing at the door. As he saluted his seniors in the room and stood next to Jaeyoung, he repeated himself. "We saw a psychic."

"A psychic?" Sangbum chuckled heavily as he placed his files on the table in front of him. "Do you honestly think I'm going to order a search warrant for a murderer that a psychic came up with?" As he finished his comment, the rest of the gentlemen laughed tauntingly. "Detective Kim, I expected more from you. To have you believe in something as unbelievable as a psychic says a lot about your leadership skills. Leave my office immediately and I recommend you two admit yourselves into a mental hospital if you think our police force is going to rely on something as stupid as fortune telling."

As Hangil took a seat on the couch opposite of Jaeyoung, he let out his own sigh and a string of curses. "Do you think I'm going to fire you?" Hanging his head off the couch and kicking his feet up to rest of the coffee table, he growled. "A ing mental hospital?" He let out a breath of air. "A mental hospital! What the is wrong with your dad? Just because we tell him like this, he thinks we need to go to a mental hospital? I swear to God, if he weren't my boss, I'd send him to a ing regular hospital."

"If you're so annoyed, imagine how I felt when I had to live with him." Jaeyoung reached into her pocket and pulled out a lighter and cigarette box as she took out a single cigarette. As she went to light it, Hangil kicked the coffee table so it could hit Jaeyoung in the process. "What the hell?" 

"Stop ing smoking, you little ." He stood up to confiscate her lighter and box as he threw it in the trashcan that sat next to his desk. "You're going to die of lung cancer and you're never going to be able to catch the killer if you start hacking up your ing insides because you can't breath." Jaeyoung scoffed as she stood up to voice her complaints, but Hangil pushed her back on the couch by flicking her forehead. "Plus you look ten times uglier while smoking."

 

A/N:
Hello, so I'm back with a teaser! This is placed in 2013 before the murders and it's just basically showing how the others reacted to the psychic's words + their relationship and personalities! Jaeyoung is more of a emotional and reckless person while Hangil is sassy and leader-like. I hope you guys like my writing style and if there are any grammatical mistakes, please feel free to alert me!^^