Coincidence?

My Contract with Mr. Byun.

 


[Hyemi's POV]

I rolled over as the alarm rang deafening my ears. -It's Sunday and I have work, why is the world so cruel?- I got up with messy bed hair and found my check list of work for the day. -What's first on this list for today's schedule?-  I scanned my list;

 

Go to Photo Shoot, early in the morning. [!!!]

Work part time at Café

Go home, do homework

 

I gathered my things and ran out of the door saying I have a photo shoot to go to. If your thinking, this girl's famous! Hell no. "I'm here." I mumbled at the angry looking people.

 

"What took you so long?!?" He director grumbled. I checked the time and to my surprise I was only a minute late.

 

"But-" 

 

"No buts, here! Get to work! I want to see how your photography skills are." He boomed making me flinch. This is why I hated seeing people, even talking to them. People can be scary sometimes.

 

I nod and take out my camera in a hurry, not letting the director wait any longer. I met the model and shot some pictures. I became busy with the director bossing me around like some slave. I'm a photographer for goodness sake! Not his helper, and so, I had three jobs that I had to do in one go. Taking pictures of the model, serving the director and helping around with the set. I mean, don't people have jobs? I see heaps of people just chatting and relaxed while, I do all the work.

 

"Kris! You're up!" The director lazily shouted. I detest people like that, they're just a nuisance. A cool looking guy came next and I introduced myself to him although, like déjà vu, it seemed like we've met. 

 

'Have we met?' I gave him a piece of paper in which he read and nodded. "You're the mute girl that's Sehun introduced?" He replied and I had the biggest urge to roll my eyes. 

 

"For your information, I'm not mute so don't judge people before you don't know who they are. Oh, I don't take pity either." I warned and he seemed taken back by my warning. I smiled nicely before saying, "Lets get to work." He had posed in many types of way that seemed new and made him look cool.

 

"Done!" The director declared as I took my last shot. -How can he declare anything without me actually finishing?- Everyone stopped what they were doing and packed up. 

 

"But-" I spoke up and unfortunately was cut by the director himself.

 

"Pack these for me and clean that table, thanks." He said and strode off. Now, he was just pissing me off. I angrily blew my bangs and slowly helped pack. 

 

"Who does he think he is." I muttered while cleaning the table. After the tiring clean-up, I checked the time and man, I was late for my shift back in the café. I ran and ran and even tripped on the way but I got up and ran. I couldn't imagine getting fired from the job that was hard to earn.

 

When I arrived I got another shouting and headed off to work. -This must be déjà vu- I ended working at the dishes area, cleaning and wiping the dirty and unhygienic dishes. I dreaded this position, even though, I've done this many times. "Hyemi! You have to train this person, come out." The owner bellowed and I timidly went out, "train him, as he would be working here for the next few weeks." 

 

"But uncle-"

 

"Not buts, Baekhyun, family or not, I will treat everyone the same." He bellowed again and when I heard Baekhyun's name, my eyes directed to his face but I never dared to look up. 

 

"Fine." He pouted and turned to me, "Hi, I'm Byun Baekhyun and I'll be under your care starting from today" he chirped, "and you are?" -How can a guy have such a change of mood? Oh, yea. Xiumin and apparently, him.- 

 

I looked up and he was taken by surprise as he stepped back slipping on whatever was there and pulled me along with him. We both ended up covered in floor as he widened his eyes at our closeness, I mean who wouldn't be? A boy and girl having contact. I looked at Baekhyun and noticed his flushed cheeks covered in flour. I stood up and held out my hand.

 

"Need help?" I asked dusting the flour of me before letting him grab my hand.

 

"Thanks..." He mutters before shyly dropping his head lowly.

 

"No worries" I say and smile gently, "lets clean up before your our boss arrives." I say and he stares at me. "What's wrong?" 

 

"Why do you say your mute when you can talk fine?" He asks staring at my eyes and I look away.

 

"That. I can't tell." I answer muttering. "Maybe someday, I guess." I changed my answer.

 

"That's fine, tell me when you want. I'm not going to force you." He said and I looked at him to see him sending my a friendly smile. "Lets clean!" He said determined and I giggled. 

 

"So...? What are your interests?" He asks as we both do the dishes.

 

"Photography and sleeping, the usual stuff." I shrug, somehow, talking to Baekhyun makes me feel so safe that I can openly talk to him without pretending to be mute. It's weird but, I feel comfortable whenever I'm with him even though, we haven't interacted much.

 

"That's it?" He asks, "you don't like, going to the movies? Singing? Dancing and having fun? Or even traveling?" 

 

"You like those?" I asked not looking at him.

 

"Problem?"

 

"No."

 

"Fine. What's your favourite food?"

 

"I have none." I spoke.

 

"You don't?!?" Baekhyun screamed bewildered.

 

"I don't." I answered simply. "I don't mind eating anything." 

 

"You should've said so! Then, where would you want to go the most?" He asks not working.

 

"Somewhere quiet." 

 

"Quiet? Can't you just got the the library?!?" 

 

"I haven't finished. Somewhere quiet and with no books." 

 

"Why? Don't you like to read?" He asked as he tilted his head. The memories of me suffering came pounding through my head, something I wanted to forget the feeling of.

 

"You talk too much." I answered.

 

"You talk too little." I shrugged and carried on working, Baekhyun seemed to understand that I didn't want to talk about the topic and let it go. We both did our share of the work in silence, a comfortable one.

 

[Baekhyun's POV]

"You talk too little." I retorted and was expecting some big comeback but she just shrugged and carried on working. I also went back to working since I didn't want to push her any further since it may be personal. Silence soon suppressed us and I couldn't help but do some work. Sometimes I think, I have way too much energy and can't keep quiet for too long without moving. The silence we had was killing me and I was dying to talk but it didn't seem that Hyemi wanted to, so I didn't. After a while, I got desperate to talk as I wasn't the quiet type. "Hey, how long have you worked here?" I approached her with a answerable question.

 

"4 years." 

 

"That long?" I asked again and she nodded. "What do you hate the most?" 

 

"People, loudness and attention" she answered and I was shocked.

 

"So basically, you hate me." I concluded. I didn't want people hating me.

 

"I didn't say that." She answered.

 

"But ,you described it. People, I'm a person aren't I? Loudness, I'm loud and I can't keep quiet, that's what everyone says and attention, I always receive attention everywhere." I described. She just shrugged.

 

"One, I don't hate all people. Two, you're loud I admit that, but you can be quiet as well, you just did it before. Three, I hate attention to me, not like I care about you." She explained and I went back to my bubbly self.

 

"Really? So you don't hate me?!" And she nodded gaining a little excited dance from me. 

 

"I need to go home now." She excused herself as her shift was over.

 

"I'll go with you." I volunteered.

 

"Don't you have to work?"  She asked raising a brow at me and I shook my head.

 

"Don't worry, we finished." I told her, "and I also asked uncle before" she nodded and lead the way out. I jumped and stretched at the freedom right now. "Lets go!" I dragged her but she stopped me before I could bring her anywhere.

 

"I'm going home." She uttered and I looked at her.

 

"It's not even 3pm yet! Why would you go home when, you can enjoy the day before school?" I reasoned.

 

"Homework." 

 

"Stuff that! You still have time!" I exclaimed and didn't wait for her answer before grabbing her hand. "Let's go eat, I'm hungry." 

 

"You just ate though." She says and I smile.

 

"I have extra stomaches for other foods." I grinned and she gave me a slight smile, that's progress I guess. "I'm calling this a date!" 

 


Author's Comment: Hello chingus~ new update! I hope you enjoy this it may seem boring but it MIGHT become better. Please comment for some feedback. Thank you~