Stay.

Shattered Crystals

Krystal bit her tongue as she saw him dressing himself once again, leaving her to her destructive thoughts. Don't go she thought, but refused to voice, out of fear of destroying their delicate balance. Afraid of pulling all the strings at once, and permanently being abandoned.

She bit her lip as she saw him pick up his phone, which let out an ear-splitting wail. By the way his eyes lit up, and then wandered around the room nervously, she understood that it was her. Bitterly, she recalled who he went home to daily. Krystal wondered if her eyes lit up as bright whenever she looked at him. If they did, she hoped he didn't notice. There was no need to overcomplicate things for him. He was already feeling troubled with their "relationship," an Krystal did not need to give him a reason to end things between each other.

"Yeah baby I'll be there soon, it's just that I had some issues at work. No I handled them. Yeah I love you too. No, you hang up fir-" he looked down at his phone, feeling slightly disappointed.

" Going home?" She asked, secretly hoping he would hear the melancholy in her tone and stay with her. "Yeah. Bye." The two words she expected, yet dreaded to hear shattered her already fractured heart into millions of pieces. 

 

"Goodbye, Kai."