Her Invitation

Miracles in 100 Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 - 041014

"Goodmorning Manhattan!"  Dara stretched her back and arms with wide open, catching her breath as she yawned still closing her eyes. She rubbed her eyes with both fists and lightly jumped off the bed.

Stuck in a tower, Rapunzel as some of you might think. Her condominium unit is at the 53rd floor of Manhattan 101, the third highest condominium in New York City.

She turned to the sides of the bed and lazily reached for her fluffy slippers. Across the room, there's the huge glass window, over-looking the whole view of the busy streets of New York City. She walked closer to the window; beside it was a cup of hot chocolate on the little table.

Dara curved a smile on her face and tilted her head right and left. "Chaerin never fails me." Dara mumbled still having the curve on her face.

Chaerin, who almost grew up with Dara in New York, was trained to be a professional bodyguard holding a black belt title in martial arts and an exceptional skill in sharpshooting. She owed the Park family for saving her life once, so she dedicated herself to be loyal and serve the family until her last breath.

The hot steam coming from the cup travelled through Dara's milky white smooth face.

"Hmm..." She slowly closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of the steam.

"I missed everyone. I missed having people beside me." She opened her eyes and an obvious look of sadness filled her face. She looked through the window, scanning the busy city, and the busy lives of the people who are having their own businesses on a daily basis. She held the cup tighter, now with both hands.

"I wonder what my family is doing right now. And my mom..." The memory of her mother suddenly showed up in her mind as she still looked over the city.

“Mr. Park, We did every possible way we can save her, but I-“ the doctor paused a little and looked at the ground. “I am sorry to say that we failed to save your wife.” The doctor continued.

"Mom!!" Dara runs as fast as she could through the corridors of the hospital, hoping she could see her mother again.

“I- I understand doctor. I understand.” Her father almost break down in tears, but still trying to look calm and okay, so he can face his daughter optimistically.

“Dad!”  the ten-year-old Dara, who is panting and catching her breath from the long run she made, started to cry upon seeing the face of her father. She grabbed her father’s waist and embraced it tightly.

"Sandara. I know honey, just let it out." Her dad took a deep breath.

 

 “It’s been a long while since someone made a visit here.” She thought in her mind. Dara took a deep breath and let out a little sigh.

 After the sudden death of her mother, her father decided to send Dara in America where she can study. Dara’s father knew how devastating the death of her wife for their daughter. Being the only daughter in the family, her dad thought that it would be better for Dara to be independent and strong. So he sent his only girl far away with her overall personal guard, Chaerin. Dara spent almost half of her life living alone, living sad.

“Mom, you know how much I am missing you every single day I wake up. How I wish you were right beside me in every important dates and events in my life. I love you mom.” Dara felt a sudden coldness at the back of her neck. Looking through the window, she saw her reflection staring back at her.

She took a little sip of the chocolate drink, then her phone rings loudly, so loud that she was startled, spilling a spoonful of the drink on her shirt.

"Ah! omo omo so hot so hot!!" she put down the cup and pinched her shirt away from her skin, now turning red from the heat it felt. The phone continued to ring. She dragged herself onto the bed and answered the call. It’s her brother, Luhan.

 "Sandara! Andara! Ndara! Dara! Ara! Ra! A!” Luhan playfully sister.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter