Waking up, New hair, New job

We All Have Our Scars (Editing)

Waking up, New hair, New job

 
 
 

   Baekhyun doesn't expect much whenever he wakes up. He normally expects to open his eyes and see his white ceiling or his shelf on the other end of the room if he happens to be sleeping on his side. He didn’t expect to feel a weight on his shoulder or the feeling of a warm skinny object in his arms. So waking up in Chanyeol’s car while hugging Chanyeol’s arm and having Chanyeol’s head on his shoulder was more than a small surprise for Baekhyun. Baekhyun let go of the arms and gently pushed the head so that it was lying on the window instead of on his shoulder. All I remember was that he offered to take me home and then…the car ride was comfy so I…must have fallen asleep Baekhyun thought to himself as he lamented his dumb sleeping habits. Baekhyun wondered how he could be so lame. It was only when he looked up that he noticed that they were parked in his drive way. He quietly took his phone out of his bag and saw that it was already 9 in the morning. He looked over at Chanyeol who was sleeping with his mouth wide open. Baekhyun hid a giggle as he took a snapshot with his phone collecting blackmail material in case of emergencies. Just as Baekhyun finished taking pictures Chanyeol began to stir. Baekhyun gulped thinking how awkward it was going to be… he didn't know really know Chanyeol but they had managed to spend the night in his car. If Lay hears about this I am never going to be able to show my face around EXO ever again Baekhyun thought as he turned slightly to face Chanyeol.

Chanyeol opened one eye and let out a huge yawn still not yet fully awake. After stretching a bit he finally looked towards his left and let out a shriek. “Oh my God! I was not expecting someone to be there!” Chanyeol lifted a hand to cover his mouth while saying, “What are you doing here?”

Baekhyun was suppressing so many giggles while he looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol looked like he came out of a cartoon with cute bed hair, handsome features and surprise clear in his eyes. “You didn't have to shriek you know.” Baekhyun pouted trying to sound as hurt as possible, “I’m not a monster you.”

“Wait I didn't mean it like that! I was just surprised to see you here and my brain doesn't work in the morning so I forgot I drove you home, and I swear I didn't shriek because you're a monster because you are too pretty to be a monster and I…oh shoot” Chanyeol clamped both hands over his mouth this time to shout himself up before he made a bigger fool of himself. Baekhyun was silent for a while. Chanyeol saw his shoulders shake and what ran through his head was oh oh DIDIMAKEHIMCRY ohoh nonono. Chanyeol was going to apologize when Baekhyun finally couldn't hold it in anymore and began to laugh like a maniac.

“You were so serious HAHAHA omg I cant believe you took me seriously HAHAHA I can’t breathe.” Baekhyun took a while to stop laughing while Chanyeol just stared at him with his mouth wide open.

“Hahaha I see…”

“Now don't look so dejected. It was just a small joke. If it will make you feel better why don't you come inside and we can order some breakfast.” Baekhyun said as he prepared to get out of the car.

“But…”

“Don't worry, I always have an extra toothbrush in my house.” Baekhyun winked as he got out of the car.

Chanyeol was blushing slightly and he pressed both hands to his cheeks to calm himself down. I really can’t stand how cute he is.


 

“No.”

“Yifan you cannot do this! Running off is not going to help in any way at all so why don't you just come back so boss doesn't take my head?”

“I’m your boss and I want a break so I don't care what happens, I want you to make sure they don't find me.” Yifan’s voice was stone cold and hearing tone, his secretary knew there was no way he was ever going to get Yifan to change his mind.

“Fine but if your dad kills me find me a wife and tell her I love her.”

“Will do, and Henry? Thanks,” Yi Fan ended the call and he looked around the street he was walking on. He was finally going to get some freedom. Now all he needed to figure out was what to do. He could just rest and play but that wasn't his style, he thought of going to look for his friend but he didn’t have many friends that wouldn’t give him away for a chance to get on his dad’s good side. Well there used to be one but Yifan had ed up that relationship and he wasn’t even sure where to find that person anymore. With no other choice, Yifan knew that he needed to find himself a job to occupy his time, not some dumb office job because if he wanted to fill out papers all day he could have just stayed at home. He wanted to try something he liked that would give him more happiness than just sitting in an office. Yifan thought back to his hobbies as he passed a dark shop with the words EXO on top and a white piece of paper stuck on the window. He paused as he read through the white paper, a slowly spread its way across his face as he thought of his incredible luck. He took his phone and punched in the numbers written on the bottom of the page. After two rings a soft melodic voice answered.

“Hello?”

“Hi I’m calling to inquire about the job position that is open for your bar.”

“Do you want to be a bartender or Musician?”

“Bartender.”

“Hmm ok, let me see, I will need you to come over and show me how well you can mix drinks. Why don't I send you the address and you can come over to mix for me?”

“That is alright with me. When can we get this done?” Yifan’s voice was very calm but he felt an excitement in his chest that he had not felt before.

“Whenever you have time, I’m on a flexible schedule.”

“What about today? At three?”

“Sure, I’ll send you the address then. Oh, and before I forget can I get your name?”

“Call me Kris” Yifan said picking his English name just in case the bar owner were to recognize his name.

“I’m Lay. I will see you at three then, bye.”

 Yifan was grinning very brightly as he thought about what he was going to do. It’s been a while since college I wonder if I still remember everything? Yifan stuffed his phone in his pocket. Of course, I remember who am I kidding? I’m Wu Yifan.


 

 

Guess what? I just got a call from a guy that wants to try for the second bartending position. If he’s any good I can finally give Baekhyun a few more breaks since he’s been complaining nonstop lately.” Lay wanted to skip around and if he was at home, he would have but he was outside with Luhan so all he did was grab Luhan’s hand and give it a squeeze.

“That's great!” Luhan said squeezing back.

“I can’t believe I’m actually getting applicants other than my friends, it makes EXO start to feel like a real business,” Lay laughed

“I forgot to ask you. Why EXO?”

“Because Exoplanet was too technical a term to use as a name.” Lay looked at Luhan, “You remember right?”

“Of course, I remember,” Luhan said the memory flowing back to him.

They were both really young back then when Lay had asked Luhan “Do you think we can ever escape?” Luhan had hugged Lay who had just finished crying.

“Of course, we will! We will escape so far that we will live on an exoplanet.” Luhan had said confidently while holding Lay tightly.

“What is an exoplanet?” Lay had asked as his eyes were getting heavy.

“It's a planet outside of our solar system. If we were there, we would be so far from earth that there would be no way anyone could hurt us.” Luhan had replied as the two of them stayed together until they had both fallen asleep. Before falling asleep Luhan made a promise to himself that he was going to get Lay somewhere safe no matter what it took.

I’m surprised that you remember what I said back then. It happened when we were so young,” Luhan said to Lay as they arrived in front of where they wanted to go.

“How could I forget?” As they entered the shop to a chorus of welcomes Lay pulled Luhan to the side by his arm. “Anyway, are you sure about this?” Lay asked before Luhan could speak with any of the staff.

“Yes I am. If I am going to change, I should start with the looks, right? You weren’t lying when you said you knew a nice place.” Luhan looked around “This a pretty high-class salon.”

“Well Baekhyun’s family run it.”

“Really? He does seem like the type that grew up with a salon as the family business.” Luhan thought back to the pretty boy with very well drawn eyeliner.

“Well if you are sure I can’t stop you.” Lay sighed, “Do you have a color in mind?”

“I don't really know I was thinking something bright and unusual, maybe purple or red something like that.” Luhan wanted a complete image change and something bright was the best way to go.

“Just try not to get too crazy. I don't want to end up walking next to a kpop star. Would it be alright for me to leave now? I’m meeting this Kris guy at three and I should go to the bar now so I can get there before he arrives.”

“Go ahead I’ll go to the bar when I’m done.” Lay left while Luhan went to talk to one of the stylists.

“How can I help you today?”

“I want to dye my hair but I’m not sure what color…”

“Well with your complexion many colors would work. Maybe you would like to try dark brown?”

“I want something bright.”

“So, a light brown?”

“No, I was thinking maybe red?” The stylist was silent for a while and Luhan didn't know what to think.

“I don't think so…nope I don't see it. If you want to go for something bright and fun then I would suggest pink.” Luhan’s eyes widened at the suggestion.

“Pink? But I would look so…”

“It’s only my opinion, it is your choice after all but pink would be a nice choice.”

“Okay then pink it is!” Luhan braced himself for the change he was going to make. Are you really really sure about this? It’s now or never.

 


 

Lay arrived across the street from the unopened bar and he was just about to cross the street when he noticed a very tall guy dressed in all black standing outside. Lay shuddered slightly wondering if he was going to recruit a mafia boss or a bartender. So much for trying to get here before he arrives. Lay walked up to the man dressed in all black and decided it was best to be as polite as possible in case this man was already a mafia boss. “Hello are you Kris?”

“You must be Lay. Nice to meet you.” Kris stuck out his hand and Lay grabbed it (he really couldn't help but notice how big Kris’s hands were).

“I’ll unlock and then you can show me what you can mix.” Lay unlocked the doors and they both entered. After showing Kris where everything was and trying to not stare at him too much Lay sat down in one of the bar stools. “I want you to show me the best drink you can mix.” Kris got to mixing the drink and Lay was glad to see that he still knew what he was doing.

It was only when Lay sat down did he actually manage to get a good look at Kris. Wow he is handsome. Like he came out of an anime, and his body proportions are amazing. “You are tall.” Lay said very bluntly staring at the man mixing drinks.

“Thank you?” Kris turned around and placed the drink down in front of Lay. “I made a tequila sunrise,” He pushed the drink in front of Lay and gave him a warm smile.

“You are very tall and… handsome.” Lay took a sip from the drink not once taking his eyes off Kris.

“And cool right?” Kris said moving his hand back, right into the cabinet door. “Ouch” Kris shouted grabbing his pinky to stop the pain from spreading.

Lay was laughing his head off and he only just managed to gasp out, “You…are…hired”

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes: Kray has arrived~Thanks for reading