Part Four

;Insomnia

 

Part Four:
 
Jessica realized that she had never met her neighbor, namely the one living above her floor, before that day. What she never expected was for him to be an attractive young man, a bit flirty and cheeky, but overall cute.  
 
In the next two days since that day, Jessica hasn’t touched her book when she rode the elevator. Instead, she was looking to see if he’d appear again. Jessica wished she had gotten his name that day before running to work, but somewhere else inside, she had a feeling that he wasn’t going to leave her alone anyways…and she liked that.
 
Like any other given day, Jessica walked to her mailbox straight from the elevators. On this particular day, however, she found something unusual on her mailbox, a white blotch from far away. When she walked closer, she found a post-it note stuck in the middle.
 
She picked it up and it read:
 
“ From new moon to eclipse, from breaking dawn to twilight...
Funny how it doesn’t follow the normal chronological order
of the moon cycle and the day…”
 
In all honesty, Jessica wanted to laugh. She knew he wouldn’t leave her alone, but why did he have to leave a note with such a random thought? She couldn’t help smiling; that was too cute. 
 
Jessica normally wouldn’t smell notes, but she smelled this post-it. It smelled like a certain cologne, “ It must be his,” she thought and smiled, “ he even smells nice.”
 
She skipped happily to work wondering why this was happening to her.
 
Jessica was infatuated with her neighbor at this point unknowingly.