Friday

Friday

Kyungsoo sits on his apartment's sofa like a little kid waiting for a present from his parents, smiling and giggling at himself at the excitement he can't contain inside.

He kept on humming random tunes to himself while constantly checking his wristwatch for the time; Jongin told him he'll come around 8:00 pm that night to fetch him and the doe eyed boy can't be any more eager to see his boyfriend for that day.

Kyungsoo has always been like these every Friday, wishing with all of his heart for time to move faster before he meets with Jongin and then stop completely when they're finally together. He always watches the clock with anticipation, his heart riding on that clock hand and getting closer and closer to Jongin with each tick.

It's not that he has a specific activity in mind that he wants to do with Jongin. There's actually no good movie to watch lately and he's not specifically craving for a certain food to eat with him. There's no actual park or restaurant that he wants to see with Jongin and no new good novels to check out in the bookstores with him. There's actually no reason to meet with him other than the little simple things that he loves about Jongin.

Little things like the way Jongin fetches him from his place every Friday while patiently waiting for him outside his door, the way Jongin leads him through the streets with hand entwined protectively against his and arm wrapped around his shoulders lovingly, the way Jongin stares intently at his eyes like it holds all of the secrets in the world and the way he stares back at Jongin like he's a kind of book that he's been dying to read. It's their little walks from his apartment to their favorite cafe, their little cuddling time under an umbrella whenever it's raining, their silly random selcas and their corny exchange of cheesy jokes and their little casual talks about their daily normal lives.

It's always been the little things that Kyungsoo loves. He never cared about where they will go or what they will do; all he wants is to spend time with him even for just a little time.

That’s all that matters for Kyungsoo, because each minute, each second is much sweeter with Jongin than with anybody else.

He was abruptly taken away from his thoughts when he heard his hand phone suddenly alerted him of a new notification. He pulled his lips in one last silly kind of smile before he gets up and crosses his living room to grab the device placed above a table, checking if the new message from his boyfriend.

And he almost felt sad when the message turned out to be from his friend Baekhyun asking him about when his free time is so he can copy his notes for their Psychology class. But even before he can type a reply, he heard a gentle knock on his door followed by a voice that sounds like the most melodious and angelic tune Kyungsoo have heard in his entire life ever.

"Hey, baby, I'm here!" the voice called out and Kyungsoo hurried to the doorway, his heart shaped lips curving into another one of those excited and giddy smiles. The very thought of his boyfriend waiting for him outside to fetch him makes his heart flutter with bliss.

He quickly unlocked the door and opened it, revealing a man standing outside with soft brown hair, slightly tanned skin and boyish smile that shines its way to Kyungsoo's heart. "Jongin!"

"Yeah, it's me," the taller guy said while stretching his arms in front of Kyungsoo as if asking for a hug. Kyungsoo chuckled lightly before doing the same and stepping a little forward to meet his boyfriend's hug, wrapping his arms around Jongin's lean frame. "You sounded so surprised. Were you actually expecting someone else, Kyungie?"

"Of course not," the doe eyed boy replied playfully while burying his face on his boyfriend's chest, inhaling the familiar scent of his skin and feeling the warmth of his skin that he's grown accustomed to. "I've been waiting for you since this morning."

"I know," Jongin said in a calm and soothing voice, settling his face on the crook between Kyungsoo's neck and shoulders. "Did you miss me?"

"Do you really still have to ask that?" the shorter boy teased before slightly pushing the other away to give their bodies at least a little space. He then brought up his forearm and stared at his wristwatch to check the time. "7:43? It's not even 8 yet and you're already here?"

"I... I'm just excited to see you," Jongin said with a hint of embarrassment in his voice. Kyungsoo smiled at the sight of a shy Jongin in front of him. "Was it bad that I came early?"

"Of course not!" the doe eyed boy defended before settling his hands just behind Jongin's neck, smirking mischievously in the process. "Heh. I think I should be the one asking about missing someone here..."

"You don't have to ask," the taller boy replied casually before leaning down a little to capture heart shaped lips in front of him. “Coz you already know the answer, baby.”

Kyungsoo chuckled lightly and Jongin placed his hands around the other’s waist, perfectly cupping the shorter boy’s narrow hips in his hands. He quickly planted a chaste peck on Kyungsoo’s lips again before asking his boyfriend something. “So… Let’s go?”

“Sure,” Kyungsoo beamed at the taller guy with a twinkle in his adorable round eyes, glad that he has to wait no more to be with Jongin again.

 

-----

 

They reached their favorite cafe after a few minutes of walk, hurrying to the place as quickly as they could with hands intertwined to give warmth to each other.

After scolding his boyfriend for just wearing a sweater outside a chilly night, Jongin cupped his boyfriend's hands and brought them close to his lips, puffing air into it to warm the doe eyed boy a little. Kyungsoo smiled and thanked his boyfriend before laughing at the way their mouths let out steams whenever they talk due to the cold breeze of the night.

They entered the cafe and quickly settled themselves on their favorite table just beside the window. Kyungsoo picked that certain spot as his favorite, saying that he loves the way he can see the streets and the people calmly passing by. It gives him inspiration for writing poetries and songs, because the boy has always been good with words ever since he was a kid. Jongin didn't have any problems about it of course, especially when his boyfriend write him heartfelt poems and letters.

"So have you written any new good poems lately?" Jongin asked after returning from the cashier, a tray full of their usual orders in his hands; a cup of vanilla latte for Kyungsoo, a caramel macchiato for himself and a bunch of sweets like chocolate cookies and blueberry muffins. The couple both share a common love for sweets, and their dates will never be complete without going to dessert houses or cafes like this.

"Nope. I'm busy with our essays for English class. I swear it's draining the hell out of me," Kyungsoo replied while taking the cup of his drink and placing it in front of him. "Writing essays are just so draining..."

"You saying it's difficult to write is something I can never believe in, Kyungie," Jongin responded in a playful manner, earning him a look of furrowed eyebrows and small pouts from the other. "I mean, knowing how good you are in writing, I just can't believe you'll have a difficult time about it. You're studying linguistics, for god's sake."

"I didn't say it's difficult. I said it's draining and it's two different things," the shorter boy replied in a teasing manner as well. He then grabbed a piece of the cookies to bite on it before facing his boyfriend and continuing his sentence. "Plus we have an upcoming quiz in psychology class this coming Monday. Baekhyun was insisting me to come for his and Chanyeol's review session tomorrow which I have to get away from by the way. All they ever do was cuddle and steal kisses to each other and not study at all."

"You know, if we're classmates and we go to the same university, I think I won't be able to study too and just cuddle with you too all day long."

"That's why we're not attending the same college, Jongin," Kyungsoo replied while chuckling. He then finished eating the cookie he grabbed before asking the other a question as well. "But how about you? How's your math classes?"

"Still good," Jongin replied after taking a sip of his own coffee. "I managed to pass my quizzes and everything. Nothing special happened for this week, to be honest."

"Me too," Kyungsoo responded with a smile. "Nothing eventful happened so I can't really update you on anything about my life."

"Oh but there was one thing that I wanna tell you!" Jongin suddenly beamed with a bright smile, eyes filled with excitement and voice almost high pitched. "Remember the friend that I was telling you about? The one working as a part time model?"

"Oh, you mean... Sehun?" the shorter boy replied in an unsure tone. His boyfriend always had a lot of friends and it sometimes confuse him about who is who.

"Yeah, that bastard," Jongin answered with a little laugh before continuing. "So this magazine company that he works for asked me if I can work for them as well. They told me they need more models and Sehun actually showed some of my pics to them and they liked it! They're calling me for a--"

"Don't go there," Kyungsoo suddenly cut him off with a pout. "I... I mean... Just don't, Jongin..."

"But why?" Jongin asked with an uncertain tone, worried that he offended his boyfriend in any way. "The pay is actually good, Kyungie. It can help me out a lot if I accept it."

"But I don't like the idea of having your face plastered all over these magazines, Jongin," Kyungsoo replied in a sheepish manner, unable to look at his boyfriend's eyes now due to the embarrassment he was feeling. "I... I don't want you to be popular and... I don't like other people liking you c-coz you're only mine..."

The butterflies inside Jongin's stomach seriously fluttered a little too wildly with that and he almost screamed at the sight of a shy Kyungsoo in front of him. He then quickly brought his hands up and pinched the other's puffy cheeks in front of him. "You're too cute baby! God. What makes you think of that? I mean look at Sehun, he was modelling for that company since I don't know, but no one even knows who he is! No one gets popular with just a little exposure like that!"

"But you're more handsome than he is! You'll surely get more popular than him and I don't want that!" the shorter boy protested like a little kid doing tantrums. He then pushed Jongin's hands away to free his cheeks from the other's grip.

"Look, I assure you nothing of that will happen. And even if it does then so what? I don't care about that coz all I care about is you," Jongin said in an assuring and calm tone, trying to convince his boyfriend in front of him as much as he can. "C'mon baby, it's for our own good too..."

"But... I don't know," Kyungsoo said in a contemplating manner. "I... I'll think about it."

"Okay!" Jongin beamed before grabbing another cookie and offering it to Kyungsoo as if trying to feed him. "You'll have a week to think about it coz the company expects to see me next week."

"Alright," Kyungsoo replied quickly before opening his mouth and accepting the piece of sweets that his boyfriend was offering at him. He munched on it quickly before saying, "Be a good boy and I'll try seeing your point and agreeing with you about it."

"Perfect," Jongin said before taking a sip from his macchiato drink again. "So let me tell you this story about Kris hyung..."

Kyungsoo smiled contentedly with that and placed his chin above his hand, listening to his boyfriend's sweet voice as he tells him another story from probably around that week or something. He occasionally laughs with him whenever he jokes or tells a funny story, agree with him when he talks about certain points and insights in life, and get mad for him whenever he tells a story about a professor that scolded him during class or about a certain classmate that offended him. Every once in a while he tells his own story too, but what Kyungsoo really enjoys during these times is the fact that he's spending time with his boyfriend no matter how simple or plain their moment together is.

They can go to a nearby theater and catch a film if they wanted to. They can go to a park and eat ice cream and play with swings there if they feel like doing so. They can go to a mall, or a much more expensive restaurant for dinner, or maybe to the arcades to play some video games. But they'd rather stay here in their favorite place doing nothing, talking about nothing, and planning nothing at all about their next Friday meet up.

It's always the little things that the two of them enjoys, and Kyungsoo can't be any happier for it. Each minute, each second that passes staying here is much sweeter than being on an adventure or a tour.

He'd rather stay here in their sanctuary; their little piece of heaven that they call home.

 

-----

 

“Once I graduate from university, I’m gonna go look for a job here in Seoul,” Jongin said in a somewhat dreamy voice while holding Kyungsoo’s hand and swaying them around in swings as they walk through the cold streets again. “Somewhere near your apartment of course, so we can start living together…”

“That sounds nice,” the doe eyed boy replied as he let his boyfriend lead him through the streets. It was almost around midnight and the two boys regret the fact that they have to go home already and leave each other’s company. “I can cook for you and fix your necktie for you when you finally become an engineer.”

“Yeah, then you can write your beautiful poems and novels while I’m out working. Heh, I’ll bet you’ll become a famous novelist someday, baby.”

“But I’m not aiming to become a novelist or a poet after graduating, Jongin.” Kyungsoo said, feeling the butterflies in his stomach flutter wildly with each word that comes from the other. Living a life together with Jongin was his greatest dream, and he knows he’s already halfway into achieving that reality. “I’m planning to become an English tutor or something coz I heard the pay was good. And oh, I’d like to become a vocal trainer for kids who loves singing too, if I can have the time…”

“Alright, I think that sounds nice,” the taller guy responded while facing his boyfriend with a beaming smile. “And when I finally get enough money we will move to a more luxurious place. Perhaps a condominium unit somewhere in Gangnam, and I’m gonna take you out on dates in famous restaurants there coz you deserve all the luxuries in the world, Kyungie.”

“But I don’t need any of that,” Kyungsoo protested while tightening his grip around his boyfriend’s hand. “All I need is you. I’m contented with that.”

“But I’m not contented with seeing you just on Fridays,” Jongin suddenly said in a seemingly sad tone, stopping on his tracks and facing his boyfriend with a somewhat unhappy expression in his face. “Once a week is not enough for me, Kyungie…”

“Honestly, it’s not enough for me either,” Kyungsoo replied while chuckling a little. Jongin pouted slightly in return. “I seriously miss you too much that all I think for the rest of the days was how much I wish it’s Friday again so I can see you again…”

“Kyungie…”

 “But we don’t have to wait for long anymore, right?” Kyungsoo suddenly said before disentangling his hand from Jongin’s and placing them on the other’s cheeks instead, cupping Jongin’s cold face in his soft and warm palms as he stares at his eyes lovingly. “Just a little more wait Jongin, and we can achieve our dreams together. We’ll both finish college and get the jobs we both want, and then we’ll finally tell our parents our relationship and accept whatever reaction they’ll have. We’ll start living together and enjoy each other’s company every day. Our hopes for the future, for each other, for us… We will attain them all and we’ll stick together through thick and thin coz that’s how much we love each other, right?”

“Y-Yah…” Jongin said in a stuttering voice, sniffing a little and quickly wiping the slight tears forming from the corners of his eyes. “You’re making me cry, stop it…”

“Sorry,” the shorter boy responded with a cheeky smile, unable to hide the feeling of happiness that fills him from seeing his boyfriend moved and touched by his honest and hopeful words. “I love you, Jongin.”

A sudden gush of fluttering butterflies waved inside Jongin’s stomach, like each and every time his boyfriend tells him how much he loves him. Jongin then smiled with that after letting out a small chuckle. “I love you too, Kyungie. I love you and your pretty words for me.”

“Of course,” the doe eyed boy said in a confident tone while still locking eyes with his boyfriend. “Everything for the subject of my love poems and love songs.”

“You cute little Kyungie,” the tanned skin boy said in a joking manner, earning him a little adorable pout from the slightly shivering Kyungsoo. He then opened his trench coat in front of the boy after realizing that the other must be feeling cold and extended his arms in front of him as if asking for a hug. “Come here and let me hug you baby, I’ll warm you up.”

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly at first before stepping in between Jongin’s arms. The taller guy then wrapped his arms around his endearing lover together with his trench coat, trapping the boy inside his tight hug and inside his coat to warm him up. “Just a little more wait, right?”

“Right,” Kyungsoo said in a slightly muffled voice as the two of them share the coat together, his face buried on his lover’s chest again and his body covered around his loving arms. “But until then, I’m yours and your mine every Friday, okay?”

Jongin chuckled a little and tightened his hug round Kyungsoo even more. He then pecked a quick kiss on the other’s forehead before locking eyes with him and saying, “Yes, of course.”

Kyungsoo smiled lovingly and realized something for the first time ever. He glanced at the wall clock hanging just across the wall behind Jongin and noticed how its hand continuously tick, how each second and minute still passes even no matter how much he wishes for it to stop whenever he is with Jongin.

He realized that perhaps it’s not really a bad thing that time still continues to flow despite his pleas to make it stop every time he is with Jongin, and maybe it isn’t that bad that it seems to pass slowly during the rest of the day that they aren’t together as well. More time apart from each other will give them more times to dream for each other, and less time together means getting closer and closer to their real goal, which is to finally be together for good. If time stops each time that they’re together, then the wait for the next Friday will be longer than normal, and Kyungsoo would rather have their meetings short yet memorable than being stuck in time.

“See you next Friday?” Jongin suddenly said near Kyungsoo’s ears, almost tickling the other with the way his lips ghost over Kyungsoo’s earlobes and the way his breath feels warm and loving against the chill of the night.

Kyungsoo just smiled lazily in return and sniffed more of his boyfriend’s scent, felt more of his warmth, and received more of his love.

Kyungsoo can never have enough of Jongin.

“Yeah, see you next Friday.”

 

 

 

-----

a/n:   (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ