Final

The Dragon's Blues

DARA'S POV

We've been so busy with our comeback and our concert that there's not really time for me to wallow in my sadness. Trying to put a brave front for my girls and my fans is soul draining. All I want is to be with him. To be next to him. I have a few hours before our flight out. I go to the place that's held a lot of our fond memories. The YG Building rooftop. The only outdoor space where we can be ourselves without the media watching our every move. Where he first asked me to be his girl and I said yes. Where we would go and hide even for a few minutes before we have to go to work. I look at the skyline and imagine him behind me. Holding me in his arms as we look towards the future. God...I miss him so much. The tears I've been keeping at bay start pouring down my cheeks. No one's here to see, so I'm gonna have a good cry before I have to go back to work. 

"Dee?"

I miss him so much now, I hear his voice calling me. 

"Dee?"

What? He's here? I turn to look behind me, not bothering to wipe my tears and I see him. It was like my heart called out and he heard it and now he's here. He's really here. I can't deny my feelings anymore. I run towards him and put my arms around him. My heart overflowing with joy and sadness and relief. I cried in his chest and hugged him tighter. I'm afraid if I let go, he'll disappear on me.

"I'm sorry Ji! I shouldn't have said we should break up. It's been hell without you. And you know that pic with Donghae is just a pic with a friend right? There's nothing between us. And I saw your tweets and I wanted to answer so bad and..." 

I start to cry again and I feel him hugging me tighter too. It feels so good to be in his arms. Then I hear him say the words I've been wanting to hear for a few weeks now.

"I'm sorry too Dee! I shouldn't have been such a bastard that made you want to break up with me. I got caught up in the lies and forgot what was real for a moment. It wasn't till I lost you that I realized what a fool I've been. I know now what it feels to not have you in my life and I don't ever want to feel that way again. I love you Dee. I always have and I always will. Promise me you won't leave me. I promise not to take you for granted ever again."

I can feel the sincerity in his voice. I am holding him to his promise and I make him a promise of my own.

"I promise not to let you. I don't ever want to leave you either. I love you Ji. It's always been you." 

We stayed up at the rooftop for awhile just holding on to one another. Now we're back in our apartment. The exhaustion finally catching up with me. I snuggle deeper in to his arms and he gathers me close. This is home. Right here is the only place I'd rather be. 

 

 

JIYONG'S POV

So here I am up at our special hideout. The rooftop at YG Building. This is where I asked her to go out with me and she said yes. This is where we would wait for each other whenever we can get away from our busy schedules. Losing her has made these days so hard to go through. Even my fans have noticed that I'm not myself. That I'm not happy. What is there to be happy about? She was the only sunshine to my dark life. The only thing worth living.

I went to Bruno Mars' concert. To try and do something fun. But seeing him sing that song live, reminded me of their picture again. Looking through her pictures on twitter and instagram, makes me wish I can be more like her. To look cheerful even when my heart is breaking. But I wear my emotions on my sleeve. I'm not good at hiding how I feel. I miss her soooo much I even think I see her here. Wait...I think it is her. I walk towards her and I see her looking the way I am feeling. Could it be? Maybe she's not as unaffected as I thought she was? I don't even dare to hope. But might as well ask, since I am here.

"Dee?" 

She doesn't turn around. I call her again. 

"Dee?"

She turns to look at me with tears in her eyes. As soon as she sees me, she runs towards me and puts her arms around me. She starts crying on my chest and my arms automatically wrap around her. Gosh, I missed this. I miss having her in my arms. 

"I'm sorry Ji! I shouldn't have said we should break up. It's been hell without you. And you know that pic with Donghae is just a pic with a friend right? There's nothing between us. And I saw your tweets and I wanted to answer so bad and..." 

Dara starts crying again and all I could do was hold her and wished this day would never end.

"I'm sorry too Dee! I shouldn't have been such a bastard that made you want to break up with me. I got caught up in the lies and forgot what was real for a moment. It wasn't till I lost you that I realized what a fool I've been. I know now what it feels to not have you in my life and I don't ever want to feel that way again. I love you Dee. I always have and I always will. Promise me you won't leave me. I promise not to take you for granted ever again."

"I promise not to let you. I don't ever want to leave you either. I love you Ji. It's always been you." 

We stayed like that, locked in each other's arms, for what seemed like hours. Now we're back in our apartment, on our bed, her sleeping next to me in my arms. Having her with me is like coming home.

 

 

 

THE END

 

 

Thank you to my 201 subscribers. Without you I wouldn't have been inspired to write all these stories. This is purely my imagination on what would be going on with our favorite couple. Keep the faith applers. Hengsho!