Eureka

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Years have passed unnoticed and Kyuhyun has already graduated from college. He was now working as a professor in his previous university. Years have passed but there's not a single day that he doesn't think about Sungmin, wishing that maybe one day he would come and explain everything to him, why he had left him. No matter what the reason is, he would forgive him. That's how much he loved the missing man. He tried to date in order to forget, but everything never worked out. He can't get Sungmin out of his mind, out of his heart. Lee Sungmin has been a part of his being and will always be.

It was a sunny Monday morning, another day of starting anew and facing reality has come. While on his way to the university, Kyuhyun noticed a familiar figure on the opposite side of  the street. He stopped his car for a second as he studied the man. It seemed like everything was paused on their own and the two of them are the only ones moving at that exact moment. He was certain he knew the man. His heart jumped as if it was going to burst out the confines of his chest.

Waiting for the traffic light to go green, he decided to make a U-turn in the middle of the wide lanes of the busy buzzing city, cars honking their engines out to him. When he glanced at the man's direction again, he was gone. But Kyuhyun never gave up, he got out of the vehicle and searched the length of the sidewalk isle as he scanned every single person's face he passes through.

Kyuhyun is getting exhausted until he ended up in a flower shop few blocks further. There he saw the man he was looking for, picking a bouquet of pink carnation flowers. Kyuhyun still remembered the exact day when he confessed to Sungmin on the latter's graduation day, he gave him those exact same flowers. Calming himself and evenning his heavy breathing, Kyuhyun approached the man on target, his back facing him.

 

"Sungmin," Kyuhyun voiced out on his hoarse raspy tone, the sound almost imperceptible.

And everything went into slow motion. Kyuhyun felt he cannot breath anymore. And then the man turned to face Kyu,

"Oh? Sir, I assume you might have mistaken me for someone else," the stranger vocalized in a polite manner.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I thought you were someone I knew. I'm sorry," Kyuhyun replied, disappointment is clearly audible from his tone.

 

He thought this would be the day he's been waiting for, he believed he would finally meet Sungmin all along. He's been such a fool for believing Ming would come back. He's been a fool for believing that his long wait is finally over. But then again he was wrong. Why does fate keeps on playing with him? His cards of chances are almost gone and he's more than terrified to loose.

"Uhm. Excuse me sir, uh, I'm an apprentice of S Photo Gallery. And, uhm, we'll be having an exhibit on Saturday I thought you might want to come? We gather audiences as many as possible on this activity. I would really appreciate your presence since the amount of guests will determine if I'll be able to enter the gallery's official staff," the stranger talked breathlessly and smiled as he handed Kyuhyun a pamphlet of the said exhibit from his sling bag.

"Look here young man, I'm a very busy person and I don't think I have enough time to waste on things like these," Kyuhyun barked driven by his dismayed emotion.

The stranger seemed stunned as he stood there agaped staring at Kyu's sudden burst of emotion.

"Oh. I'm sorry for bothering your most precious time sir. Excuse me, I must go," the stranger left hurriedly afraid that Kyu might get angry again.

Kyuhyun was left still standing in front of the flower shop, unable to uproot his feet on the ground staring at the retreating figure of the man he was angry a while ago. He somehow felt rather guilty to what he did.

A loud honk from a passing car brought him back from his lingering thoughts. He glanced at his wristwatch. He totally forgot about his classes.

" I'm already late," Kyu cussed under his breath but decided to just make a note of absence for the day. He doesn't feel like going to school anymore. All his energy and enthusiasm were all drained out first thing in the morning, and he still has to find his car. He forgot where he parked before chasing for the man he thought the one he was looking for.

---

The days of the week passed faster than Kyu thought. It is a Saturday and a group of huge dark gray clouds hung low in the sky. Soon after, drizzle by drizzle, the rain poured outside, the water forming a mist on his window. To Kyuhyun, a rainy day is a lazy day, thus he only managed to check a couple of test papers of his students from the exam few days ago. Looking outside, Kyuhyun thought of nothing to do. He propped his elbow on the table and settled his head on his hand, he felt really bored. He studied the mess on his table and it's messing his thought even more. He noticed a colorful piece of paper peeping out from the stacks of scattered paper, he was intrigued and he picked it up. It was the pamphlet given to him by the stranger days ago for that photograph exhibit. Contemplating for a moment, debating whether to go or not, he ended up changing into his formal clothes and grabbed his coat and car keys.

Gl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter